1. 1. August Movie Picks

• Hundreds of Beavers (2024)
    • Beastmaster (1982)
    • Exit Speed (2008)
    • Housebound (2014)
    • Sharknado (2013)

This poll is closed to new votes

27 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Joined the club. Didn’t know this existed. Looking forward to watching housebound. Saw it once a few years back. Really enjoyed it. 

Welcome! Feel free to watch / comment on any of the movies from past or present.

16 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Joined the club. Didn’t know this existed. Looking forward to watching housebound. Saw it once a few years back. Really enjoyed it. 

Walt! Happy to see you are into the B movies. Welcome to the club 🙂 Looking forward to your views on some movies.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to Housebound...

Spoiler

I found the first 40 minutes to be a yawn fest that sums up as: Tension, jump-scare, nothing; repeat ad infinitum all shot through with Kylie being an overly obnoxious brat at every step.  Fortunately things took a sharp turn upward and the rest of the film is completely engaging and a lot of fun.  There were some real good laughs but I thought it could have used a few more.  And the bounds of believability got stretched a bit thin on occasion but all things considered, those are only minor grievances.  Solid flick.

Best reason to see Housebound:  Cheese-Grater-Gauntlet.

..Now, further proving the reality of "Monkey-See-Monkey-Do", I must go and see if I can fit my fist through the cheese-grater.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

Ah, I totally watched Housebound a week into August.  And I put on Exit Speed but ended up preoccupied and didn't pay attention.  I'll come back to that one for sure.

Spoiler

Housebound out of the gate was a slow burn leading to what I thought was a fairly predictable setup.  

It veers off pretty steeply and the eventual end twist was good but I felt like the previous two potential antagonists would have made for a better story.  Still a really cool end though.  Thoroughly enjoyed once it got passed all of the initial exposition.

• 2 weeks later...