IGNORED

VGS July 2024 Contest [ENDED]

Events Team · Posted

Alright here we go NOW we're talkin'!

15 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Dude, I suck at this game.  I made it to Bald Bull.  Does that count. 😅

Might as well post it, if nobody else posts a score you'll still end up in third place!

7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Yes. I started the game fresh and that's how many fights I did over the weekend.

I'm curious who your 3 losses were against

1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Alright here we go NOW we're talkin'!

Might as well post it, if nobody else posts a score you'll still end up in third place!

I'm curious who your 3 losses were against

It's all a blur now. I know I was having an especially rough time with Macho when I was de-rusting.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It's all a blur now. I know I was having an especially rough time with Macho when I was de-rusting.

Yeah, that's usually around the time I start having trouble as well. Then I get past him, Narcis Prince is a cakewalk, and then in comes Hoy to thoroughly kick my ass.

Maybe it's emulator lag, but I had a heck of a time countering Bald Bull's charge. I could not get the timing. Thus I would always get knocked down at least once which must have hurt my score a little.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Maybe it's emulator lag, but I had a heck of a time countering Bald Bull's charge. I could not get the timing. Thus I would always get knocked down at least once which must have hurt my score a little.

It can be a little finicky on emulator, yeah. You have to punch much earlier than you would expect.

Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

It can be a little finicky on emulator, yeah. You have to punch much earlier than you would expect.

I'm too used to the timing for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. The Super Punch-Out timing mystifies me.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm too used to the timing for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. The Super Punch-Out timing mystifies me.

Yeah I'm more used to MTPO timing as well, always takes me a bit of time adjusting from one to the other.

Events Team · Posted

Aaalrighty, welp, with a whopping 3 submissions...

With scores of 1,487,410, 1,241,540 & 178,360 respectively, @mbd39 has won in 1st place, @NESfiend has won in 2nd place, & @Red has won in 3rd place! Congrats, and well done to you all. Easiest $15 of your life huh @Red? Haha. You all will be PMed shortly!

As always, thank you all for participating, even if we for whatever reason only had 3 participants this time. Y'all who didn't participate missed out, this is a super fun game!

With that, the July 2024 VGS Contest has come to a close! Hope you all are happy to see contests back, expect another one sometime later this month! Hopefully with more participants this time, haha 🙂

Hope to see you all again next event!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• The title was changed to VGS July 2024 Contest [ENDED]
1 hour ago, ZeldaFreak said:

even if we for whatever reason only had 3 participants this time. Y'all who didn't participate missed out, this is a super fun game!

I'm surprised there weren't more players. I thought this game was pretty popular.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Sadly, my gaming situation for anything but Switch - along with my music collection and most creative pursuits - has been kind of dire for several years. Long story short I'm living in a temporary setup for the long term, much longer than I'd prefer but that's how it has turned out. I will like to participate more here when all the shit is done.

• Like 2