IGNORED

Contents of Player's Choice Zelda Link Past SNES

I prefer the art for Zelda's SNES player choice and found a nice CIB version a while ago; however, I always wondered whether it was originally sold with the map, secrets fold-out insert, and "dark world" Nintendo Power subscription card such as the picture of this original release I found on ebay (I'm not sure the game is supposed to come with that poster in the top-right, promoting other SNES games).

Does anyone know the true,
fully CIB contents of the PC Zelda for SNES? The table compiled by shortstop on here records the contents of the original release.

zeldaW.jpg

Thank you. I guess Nintendo reduced the production cost by not including the map or secrets guide. Was this common across PC SNES releases? By that, I mean Nintendo exchanged including ephemera, specific to the game for generic inserts?

I'm more knowledgeable about how Nintendo switched things up with their PC Game Boy titles, since I didn't really get an SNES until 97 and I only bought used, loose carts then. There are some Nintendo-Published GBW games that retained specific extras like Space Invaders and Donkey Kong 94.

17 hours ago, monsterG said:

I guess Nintendo reduced the production cost by not including the map or secrets guide. Was this common across PC SNES releases? By that, I mean Nintendo exchanged including ephemera, specific to the game for generic inserts?

It's common that Nintendo includes fewer extras any time they do a rerelease of a game, similarly they often put fewer features in a console update. Generic replacing specific inserts would not be surprising.

On 8/18/2024 at 7:32 AM, Tyree_Cooper said:

1st release confirmed with that poster in the top right corner? Just curious, I can't remember if my copy has it and I'd rather not put my greasy pizza fingers on it.

I also don't wanna open mine up, but I'm not sure how anything else would fit in there. It's like Chrono Trigger, packed to the brim. The game is heavy asf in CIB form.

Edit: there are others on ebay w/ the poster, though. 

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole

Yes I went back and checked anyway and mine has the poster too! I keep all the paperworks outside the box since when I opened to check condition, I realised there was no way to put it back in easily. So it did fit, but it's scary tight and it does swell up the box a bit.

Not a very wise choice but then again, they were never meant to stay mint for 30 years so they stuffed in all they had to...