IGNORED

Game Debate #220: Metal Gear Solid 3

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Metal Gear Solid 3

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Subsistence

3. 3. Delta

• Yes I'm going to play
    • No I will not play it
    • wut

I really enjoyed this game, although oddly enough, I've never gone back to it.  I'm thinking that the remake will be a good excuse to play through it again.  For me, MGS3 is very similar to MGS2.  I think they are both amazing games, but I've only played through them once a piece.  I never got into either nearly as much as MGS1 and MGS4, both of which I've played through more times than I can count.  I'm aware of Subsistence, and I own it, but I never tried it.  

10 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Metal Gear never appealed to me.  I'm more run n gun than stealth shooter.  

The Phantom Pain was the only one I could really get into. I did play MGS4 for most of the game. The ones before that I just don’t have the patience for. 

I love this game. For a long time I felt like it was my favorite MGS game, but the more I think about it, I'd probably say I like each of the first 3 games equally.

This one is a rare case of me actually beating the HD remake (which I guess is technically Subsistence) and not the original. Actually platinum'd it on the PS3.

9/10

This is one where I'm with the "normies."  The original Metal Gear on MSX is nice and so is Metal Gear 2.  I can tolerate all the crazy unnecessary weird ass story stuff that adds nothing and makes me wonder about the sanity of creator in Metal Gear Solid, but once we get to MGS2, things go waaay off the rails.  No sane and normal person who has ever read a book would consider the story in these even passable. 

Give me a version with no story and only gameplay and that'd be fine.

I played this last year as part of an effort to try some of the games on IGN's latest "top 100 games" list that I'd never played before. I absolutely do not get it. I just wanna go blastin', but instead I have to hide in the brush and wait for dudes to leave the immediate area. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Rhuno said:

I played this last year as part of an effort to try some of the games on IGN's latest "top 100 games" list that I'd never played before. I absolutely do not get it. I just wanna go blastin', but instead I have to hide in the brush and wait for dudes to leave the immediate area. 

You definitely *can* play the game super aggro and do perfectly fine. 

10 hours ago, wongojack said:

Give me a version with no story and only gameplay and that'd be fine.

They made it. It’s Metal Gear Solid V. It’s way different than the rest of the series, much more and longer gameplay, to the detriment of it feeling as much like a MGS game IMO.

• Like 1