IGNORED

2-code + Gloss Sticker Duck Hunt Box?

Benhoffer

I saw this Duck Hunt CIB pop up on eBay yesterday which had a hangtab box with 2 "codes" on the back ("NES-GP" on the bottom-right, and "NES P DH" on the upper left). Which according to the WATA guide makes this an early 1987 release. However, this box also has a gloss sticker which supposedly means it is an early 1986. There is a rare example of a 1-code gloss Balloon Fight and 1-code gloss Gumshoe, but I didn't think 2-code gloss sticker boxes existed.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Did someone buy a 2-code Duck Hunt, return it, and they put a sticker on the box for some reason? I'm not the buyer or seller of this item, I'm just trying to educate myself on all these black box variants and the history of them. Thanks!!

Here is the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204987282795?_skw=nes+hangtab&itmmeta=01J7K31PCH8J4FFS7Y9JJ64V34&hash=item2fba31b56b%3Ag%3Af5IAAOSwl0Zm4fpq&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKkrWBEk7DWHTqi13EioPbUd4PL%2Fo9CmgVn06rdIBQluXuRtVyX%2FccaqCqFAnEb4a7dPlBlwhlsJgQ%2F59b5MRxb0B%2BV5Ouhs3H4VdbgDxUAYqQIHU4QDJgaoKEtuZ26QlJVg%2F96RKB%2Bqlguqu4iapQP7p%2BDg7rC8iIYc1LoodRBq9txnnXevqmdFKbVaX7144Cs7xuxs%2BCmXXpA1LcicgxoWTeiXT2HLYjBlfFNg%2B%2B5lUz7ZEt7woR1j1MjbQPOuDt6S7wgO2OmKbNCLLxwIXI7O469yfgklZNRBqzBL3U5DFw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6rmhuO8ZA&LH_BIN=1

Edited by Benhoffer
  • Wow! 1

It's totally new to me to be honest. Kinda wild that it exist.

I can only explain it as probably being a Deluxe Set pack-in that a warehouse guy decided to put a sticker seal on, after finding a roll of them...and that's a farfetched theory pulled straight out of my a....brain.

• Like 1