IGNORED

Movie Debate #171: Deadpool

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested in watching it.
    • Never seen it, never will.

5/10 is the best I could muster. I didn't dislike it or anything, it just felt very uninteresting. I know the so-called humor was supposed to be a breath of fresh air, but honestly it didn't feel much different from the MCU movies to me in that regard. And most of it was just centered around Ryan Reynolds trying to be a smartass.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
7 hours ago, Sumez said:

5/10 is the best I could muster. I didn't dislike it or anything, it just felt very uninteresting. I know the so-called humor was supposed to be a breath of fresh air, but honestly it didn't feel much different from the MCU movies to me in that regard. And most of it was just centered around Ryan Reynolds trying to be a smartass.

Much of the over-the-top stuff as well where it's supposed to be like "oh this is the place they do the stuff they *couldn't* do with x-men!" isn't even outrageous, they just try to make the audience think it is by having Deadpool basically look into the camera and go "oh my gosh! That was gory!". I got pretty tired of the whole thing really quickly. 

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

Much of the over-the-top stuff as well where it's supposed to be like "oh this is the place they do the stuff they *couldn't* do with x-men!" isn't even outrageous, they just try to make the audience think it is by having Deadpool basically look into the camera and go "oh my gosh! That was gory!". I got pretty tired of the whole thing really quickly. 

I think that sums it up pretty well. It seems to hinge a lot on being crazy and over the top, but it's really neither. I feel like they could have done a lot more with the concept. Maybe the sequels manage to cash in on that? I heard the new one is a bit of a fun guilty pleasure kinda thing.