IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 7/11/2024 at 9:16 AM, RH said:

I have the gun but I seriously need to get the game... or any light gun game for the PS1.

My collection is filled with half-started  projects like this.

When I first started game collecting I would go to yard sales and I grabbed a copy of Vampire Knight along with the Guncon 2 at one and it just felt incomplete without the big box, so I totally understand that feeling. It’s hard to piecemeal stuff together sometimes.

For what it's worth I don't do images as I used to unless it's like a wow moment, but I did end up getting a Vegas Stakes SNES manual, Moero Pro Yakyuu FC, Soccer FC for $5, and another $20 for Batman+Space Invaders both for GB as well as the flea so I was happy.

I don't think I mentioned it, but I did find for $3 Vegas Stakes the previous week at the other of the 2 fleas in the surrounding area so that worked out well.  Between those 2 weekends I got GB Mr Chins and Battle Unit Zeoth for $25 as well.  It has been a nice handheld find time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mega Tank said:

I don't know much about Game Gear, but I never knew Sports Illustrated had a game 😆

My friend, it's TWO SI games in one! Honestly though, It's a tough one to track down, so I could see not everyone knowing it even exists.

Been a while, here's what's new: 

SoZnZP9.jpg

0WR3XpH.jpg

DNEQ2wr.jpg

Luigi's Mansion light up store display. Needs some work. Planning to restore it eventually. 

zpgU8Qy.jpg

This is an early birthday present. I'll post a video later of what it looks like when it's playing. It's a Pachislo (skill-stop slot machine that uses tokens and pays out credits). It's in amazing shape. Super happy with it and my kids love it too. 

• Like 5
  • Wow! 3

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Been a while, here's what's new: 

SoZnZP9.jpg

0WR3XpH.jpg

DNEQ2wr.jpg

Luigi's Mansion light up store display. Needs some work. Planning to restore it eventually. 

zpgU8Qy.jpg

This is an early birthday present. I'll post a video later of what it looks like when it's playing. It's a Pachislo (skill-stop slot machine that uses tokens and pays out credits). It's in amazing shape. Super happy with it and my kids love it too. 

WOW! now that is awesome! Definitely an amazing present 🥳

• Like 1

So I had an interesting bit of luck and a tipoff for some more too that worked out this weekend.

The flea market turned up nothing on Saturday, but a friend pointed out that this odd kind of rarity of sorts of a anime/manga magazine was at the store, Mangazine by title, and he grabbed one of them the first time Dragon Ball showed up in print here, and I got the first showing of Sailor Moon, both have very clean covers and solid insides with just some yellowing and were 75 but worth 400/300 respectively so I took some old movies in and knocked it down by half. 😉  I'll have to get a case for that since I don't grade.  But they had more, couldn't find them that evening.

Went to the flea today and ended up getting Kirby's Dream Course and Rad Racer 2 for $25, dropped another $5 on a copy of Blitz 2000 n64, and another $6 for a Logitech Z313 speaker system I now have on my computer moving my basic bose pair to the PVM.  😄

Back at the book store, the one who did the pricing onthe stuff found the issues, and I ended up with 32 more issues of Mangazine (44 issue run.)  Sailor Moon is #21, my friend got #43 the most costly so I'll never own it, but there are 10 others probably worth $5/pop I'd grab if I can dig them up somewhere as they're fun.

I did find an even earlier fan print magazine they were all $1/ea called Mangaphile, every single issue the day earlier with Sailor Moon, so I'll have to figure that out on what to do with all these if they're keepers or readers.

Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

(Mangazine 21 looks like this, mine far nicer shape)
s-l1600.webp

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

17 hours ago, Gloves said:

Don't see a lot of pickups like this lately, very nice! 

Some of these have def put a hurtin on the wallet but i get a few deals here & there. Im often ok with paying what a seller is asking or paying a little more for a game if its in good condition. Some games are hard to find in box in good condition. Been goin pretty hard on SNES though & still have a list im after. Haven't actively collected SNES since like my early 20s it seems like. Mid life crisis maybe. 

Edited by D~Funk
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

I picked up some pretty good Gameboy stuff off of a trade recently. Most notably a pre-Gowin release of a a Twinbee clone called Prince Rainbow. This one came with a box, but I left it out of the picture to fit everything better. Prior to this trade I had never seen a cart for one of these. The multis are also pretty solid and were thrown in as freebies

I also bought a couple of Famicom carts from a user on Famicom World. They're both by Caltron but were released when they operated under different names. Hit Marmot is lightgun whack-a-mole while Asder 20 in 1 is just better Caltron 6 in 1. No really, it has everything the 6 in 1 has and more. It's also probably harder to find since the 6 in 1 got released in so many different parts of the World (North America, Brazil, Europe, Australia, etc.), but it doesn't go for super high prices

Finally there's just a bunch of random stuff I have been buying lately. Left to right, top to bottom

1. Techiron Digimon Sapphire: A rare case of a Hong Kong original published by an actual Hong Kong company. These are hard to find and have a high failure rate. Also the cart has a bump at the top that makes it not fit into normal gb game cases. This one has a defect that prevents it from running on an actual system, but it works fine with my backup device, so at least I can emulate it now
  2. Tian Cai Xiao Zi Sintax game: An obscure not so good RPG
  3. Two Boxed Gowin games: These came with the original survey cards and carts but sadly the copy of Binary Monsters had no manual
  4. Boxed Gameking III game: Gameking III games are pretty hard to come by. There aren't that many of them but the system wasn't long lived, so rounding out a set might take a while
  5. Game Theory Admiral: A pretty well known famiclone with a silly name. These have their own cartridge format, but there are converters to play original carts on them. These were popular enough that there are also converters to play GTA carts on real Famicoms
  6. Monon Color: A budget handheld from Mainland China. These had games with official licenses for properties such as Marvel, Dragon Ball, and a whole lot of Tencent stuff. It doesn't have that many games and is fairly cheap. I picked up about a third of a full set including a spiritual sequel to Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure. Sadly it didn't seem all that great
  7. Game Ark Wide: Cheapo handheld that borrows the form factor of a really old Gameboy clone
  8. C2: Another cartridge based budget handheld like the Monon Color. I don't know much about these. Like the Monon it has a card reader, which seems more prominent for this one
  9. Chess King: An obscure Taiwanese handheld with built in chess/chess-like games. It only has one known cartridge (which mine came with but the cart is usually a lot harder to find than the unit) a translation dictionary for Chinese to English. Also it copies the form factor of the Watara Supervision, with identically shaped cartridges. They are not cross compatible though
  10. ABAB Soft multi: Hummer Team is a fairly well known developer of Taiwan originals for the Famicom. What is a little less well known is that they made revised versions of some of their games which appear on these ABAB Soft multis. The games still worked fine in the original releases, but it is nice to see that they came back and polished them up more

Trades.JPG

Purchases.JPG

Finds.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1