IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Well this is a screwball around about pick up here's a price timeline mess of it all.

2 Months ago for $44 shipped I scored an untested(means usually broken) Famicom Disk System that had the unit, ram adapter, also Bubble Bobble, Nazo no Kabe Block Kuzushi(which is what caught my eye), Ice Hockey and Volleyball.  Seeing what any of that costs, took the risk...and failed.

Tried for a week to try and get the drive to work doing everything possible, and it sat.  Then a friend I have south of me buys pallets from Japan of 'junk' stuff to restore if not utterly repair to restore and snapped up a pair of drives for me to get one at cost and it took another month.  He then shipped me it for $27 which showed up yesterday and I got off work and popped it into the shell of a system.

And it worked!  I've wanted one of these for a very VERY long time, and better yet, each disk worked right which I was only told they did.  A month ago the other disk you see Super Mario Bros 2 (which has Ice Climber on the other side) I got at a holiday rolling flea we have here for like $20.

I'm super happy to have the 2 unique games, would love to get a few more, hopefully unique titles that is, not carts the US got, to mess with as well (if anyone has some.)  I grabbed a pack of original envelopes/shells so I could even take like another 5-6 loose disks for all I care.

This thing is awesome for what it is.  Also it's an early drive, it can write full disks if I do a power board mod to the FDS itself.

fds-working-jul25-24.jpg

• Like 8

I've barely been on VGS the last few months. I'm having a solid week of finds after a looong dry spell so figured it was worthy of sharing. 

7/21/2024: Saw a guy selling a PS2 on Marketplace with part of a N64 showing in a pic in the background. I messaged asking about the N64 and we agreed on $50 and met up. Came with an RF adaptor, 2 controllers, Smash Bros, and an expansion pack.  Great little find.

7/25/2024: i was browsing local sale sites on my lunch and I found someone selling a Sega Master System plus games for $75. We agreed to meet up after work and he actually marked the listing as pending. Normally, this is point where I get backdoored or ghosted or it goes to someone who can get there quicker, but he really held it for me. It was refreshing to have a reasonable local seller. After Burner is CIB, Black Belt is missing the manual, and Penguin Land is CIB but is a duplicate. Nice little lot.  

7/26/2024: I went to a garage sale last weekend and asked for games. They said they had some but weren't sure where they were and took down my contact info. To my surprise, the seller actually reached out this week. He sent pics of 60+ NES games plus a few Genesis games. We settled on $4 per game plus a dollar for controllers/booklets. Total of $265 spent. Added some cheap filler and decent games to the NES collection plus Swamp Thing!  Not pictured is the Game Genie and book, gray NES Zapper, and Genesis controller. Most games came in sleeves and there were lots of Funcoland cardboard sleeves included as well. Selling the duplicates should recoup most/all of what a spent. Best local find of the year for me so far!

7/26/2024: On the way home from the NES lot I went to a pawn shop and hey had "clearance blow out" signs posted all over. I ended up getting Skuljagger and an Ice Blue Gameboy Pocket for $30 out the door. Nice little find to round out this fantastic week of local game hunting. 

20240726_155929.jpg

20240726_160034.jpg

20240726_154451.jpg

20240726_154527.jpg

Messenger_creation_8d0b216a-4051-4584-a754-7115628a6d74.jpeg

Messenger_creation_3a08f044-df4f-443b-9f77-2946e2a2eba7.jpeg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 10

image.jpeg.7a424fabdfa55fa92069ed1373fd28a8.jpeg

image.jpeg.b5f30a0005e3c8998d963de66406d731.jpeg

image.jpeg.f3ed8ad0cc11c6603276f93a24ab47c4.jpeg

image.jpeg.d4d8c09c05f74732d946d590d82da493.jpeg

Got Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition Deluxe Set, which I received last week. I think it makes sense that I got this, both because the NES is my favorite game system and because I have a history of playing Switch games online (with very good results). 😎

image.jpeg.bf88ed234c598ea70af8ce017882d489.jpeg

image.jpeg.edc4a410593700a9ca414c5fa4265c63.jpeg

image.jpeg.e3cc4a41bdcd31a17c5e438d9d68ceaf.jpeg

Since I like Chuck E. Cheese, which was founded by Nolan Bushnell who also founded Atari, I decided that it was time to get an Atari 2600/VCS (the original, not the 2600+). In addition to the console, the seller included the manual, a regular Controller, two Paddles, hookup cables, warranty and registration cards, and some catalogs.  

image.jpeg.f64338f9359e3147834f8105608140bc.jpeg

image.jpeg.7957a6bb2306144c44ad23264c73db00.jpeg

Here are the Atari catalogs I received.

image.jpeg.42830f6d8c1380221e40ebbe23c36ee8.jpeg

Bought this licensed, retro '80s style Chuck E. Cheese shirt from 80Tees that features Chuck E.'s purple friend Munch. I haven't received it yet, but it should be shipping soon.

image.jpeg.e3ab52c5f53828b6566a3dbfce4a98e1.jpeg

image.jpeg.0c0abe3633fa7d50096ff5df03daed72.jpeg

image.jpeg.a406cd3aae15f5de0a475c0dcfc244d3.jpeg

I went back to Chuck E. Cheese; it's been a few months. Got a Light Show Projector, Mr. Munch Plush (small), Mr. Munch Cube Plush, Rig Toy, and Drum Set. I saw the Light Show Projector on eBay last year, and I believe the Drum Set is a newer item released last year or earlier this year along with the Gumball Plushies that include all six of the main characters. Also took home a Mr. Munch cup, even though I already have one (collected all of the character cups last year).

image.jpeg.5fb3c19fbe72cba149327b35072e63c5.jpeg

(2023 Chuck E. Cheese pic)

image.jpeg.e8aa11a2150bbf2dfa58af135347b4d7.jpeg

Got this Arizona Cardinals Ping Pong Table for free. The seller also included some Table Tennis balls.

image.jpeg.42fc7bc5774419a30a35ac13ed27d660.jpeg

Got The Jungle Book 2 on DVD, still sealed. This is the 2014 release, when DVD's tended to have fewer extras but good picture quality compared to late '90s/early 2000s DVD's.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Some recent pickups

IMG_8144.jpeg.bc5d66e4a3b0cff277fa4539511de9e1.jpeg

heh the Mickey Mousecapade and Pinbot were originally from an earlier lot and were up to be sold to help pay for the lot.  I’ve since decided I want to keep them.  I suck.

I know that feeling 😂

Taking my kid back to grandmas house for the night (we have some major work/repair being done annoyingly) I hit the half price books up, and to my surprise in the toy boxes in the rear just resting in there (everything is $4 in the box) was a Tiger Mega Man 2 handheld, battery backed and had 2 AAs in it...it worked!

I had this one back in the day with just a few others, so grabbed it.  It needed a bit of love using some turtle wax anti-scratch for cars I buffed the lens out some, body as well, magic erasered all the white plastics, popped it open and cleaned both sides of the view window.  It looks and works pretty well for a mistreated kids toy pushing 35 plus years.  Little dent in the front just at the top/above the screen space, have to hold slightly at an angle to black the LCD out again over age, but only just a little...plays great.  Just wish I could remember the damned order to go in. 😛  Hard game, the regular gun even has a shot limit so it's more strategic.

• Like 4

it's always so annoying when the box is in english, but then you find out the game is still in japanese. they kept doing this shit for the whole lifetime of the ps1, except for the very last few games.

also here for some reason they didn't like the coloured background, and the doraemon drawing is not exactly the same.

Clipboard.jpg.9cfdd5b4635c56045c753adaab5d8db8.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

it's always so annoying when the box is in english, but then you find out the game is still in japanese. they kept doing this shit for the whole lifetime of the ps1, except for the very last few games.

Best way is to just send these annoying games to me. I'll exchange for cat turds, which iirc you were looking for a few months back 😛

Found another Timetop cart (and a working North American unit to use it with). This one is boxing. Unlike their other sports games they did not try to simulate the actual sport with this one, it's just motion controls Fatal Fury. The controllers this unit came with were in poor condition, but I luckily had a spare from my dead unit, though they were designed for a trivia game so they don't work perfectly for this one. On the sticker it has some screenshots of the game, though these were taken from an earlier build. In the final version it does not credit Timetop (Dai Dai Xing or DDX as the sticker calls them) so I guess they tried to shadow drop this but slipped up

Frank Cifaldi recorded a video of it if anyone here is curious

Timetop Boxing.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

On 8/1/2024 at 10:36 AM, ninjamaster said:

DSCN7820.JPG.c2d0b49e9a3d5e2fea6c1088255823a5.JPG

Nice.  I have that same Pixel Book from Bitmap along with a lot of their other books.  I also have most of the Anthology books from Geeks Line, but I haven't heard of the Neo Geo version.  I wonder how I missed that.