IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

So now I own Mega Man X3 again. 😉  And it only set me back $30.  FYI, it's basically the 32bit console version but slightly superior to it reading up on it.  Widely varies (or dumb luck for one) from $50-200 to buy it depending on when/who, lack of brain cells. 😉  I can't complain saw it come into the store a week ago and got in as they got released from hold by sheer luck and it has not a scuff on that disc and paper bits are crisp.  Shockingly dumping the disc to my computer it ran great once I forced 640x480 mode, can't install otherwise due to 16bit installer.  I already had MMX1 so now I have the (PC) set.

MegaManX1X3PC.jpg

• Like 8

Well if that doesn't work for you, how about rolling up on a garage sale going to get a drink and finding in a random box with a lot of junk an 8bitdo Pro 2 controller with (not theirs though) a USB-C to C cable that was still twist tied for a dollar, and threw in this USB to PSX/PS2 port controller and third party memory card with PEZ Tails head holder for free? 😛

It still has a charge on it, could use real batteries too, and seems to be working fine as I fired up minecraft on my computer since my kid asked and I tested it for over an hour or two.

• Like 1

I got this recently and (I think) it's an Asian exclusive. Includes steelbook version of the game and faceplate for PS3 slim console. Didn't even know it existed.

You gotta love that 20 cm age rating sticker that's both on the front AND the back of the box. You can't see anything anymore. What a joke.

20240811_102150.jpg.79c51bd4b687f53af6e63c7fb84389dc.jpg

20240811_102640.jpg.85479cc0b025b051e36ea6205a573793.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Well today at the flea strangely worked out well, so I did put a picture together with the $1 pro2 and freebies from the last post, and then the rest.

I think I had a good day with this for $30.  $5 anime with all clean DVDs, $5 on the pair of figures, and $20 on Pokemon.  I figured at that price the game was worth bothering to try out, too early to tell but seems pretty decent in how it handles so that's good.  I think one could get easily lost just wandering around though battling and exploring though eventually hitting that badge barrier if that's present.

fleafinds-sept1124.jpg.72164a1424ca62b947a339549662f344.jpg

• Like 6

I had some money left over on a shopping agent account and decided to pick up some multicarts. Three of the Gameboy multis are by JY while the other one is by SL (a company that seems to be closely affiliated with JY). Selection is pretty good on these since none of them have repeats. Three of them use a type of menu that uses music from Revelations the Demon Slayer, while the 86 in 1 uses a less flashy menu. I also picked up a Sachen multicart since it was cheap. I don't hear much about people collecting these but they seem to be a nice cost effective way to play their games

Also I bought this fighting game from fcgamer. Looks like he also threw in a nice looking fold out for an unlicensed Mario game for Mega Drive

The fighting game was released in New GB Color branding which has these really nice looking custom shells. Apart from the New GB Color branding it also credits the company Fiver Firm on the box. Fiver Firm is more well known for making a gambling game for Famicom called Dian Shi Ma Li, and for making a region converter for Turbografx which I've heard be called a "purple barney". The game itself is sort of a recreation of the type of fighting games that appear on the NGPC. It plays pretty good and is nice looking, but unfortunately is limited to arcade mode (no versus mode with friends)

Fiver Firm.jpeg

JY SL Multis.jpeg

Sachen Multi.jpeg

Edited by Ankos
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

This artwork is so funny, almost all the characters are ripoffs of Street Fighter characters and then in the back is Felicia from Darkstalkers 

The characters in game just straight up are Street Fighter characters plus Felica from Darkstalkers

Here's a video someone recorded of it:

• Haha 1

It's probably going to rain tomorrow, but they said it would today and didn't which was lucky.  Flea market was pretty sad, but outside I ended up getting the original Inkling Boy, GIrl, Squid (squid head a little chewed up though) amiibo for $10 off this tarp outside.  Indoors was a benefit for once, the seller talked himself down and then more.  The short of it, I got 2 GBC only games for $5, both in solid clean shape with truly clean stickers and working batteries (he talked down the batteries maybe being dead...oh well.)  I ended up with Motocross Maniacs 2 and F1 World Grand Prix Racing II, both feel like quite good games.  MM2 I'm surprised values where it does, but that other I can't find reviews, can't find the manual scanned(ugh) no guide either, but the little I can says that's one of the utterly best made racers on GBC with that F1 game.

I'm trying to figure F1 out right now, got to be some solid way to counter steer hard turns so you don't spin out.  It tries to be more on the serious side of things and does it well.

• Like 2

image.jpeg.c215d611a1a5af7367e8b3d31a6c87f9.jpeg

Got a Retro Handheld Game Console. It's like a lot of multicarts and plug and plays in that in contains a bunch of Famicom games. It can plug into TV's.

image.jpeg.f75a5fed60dd2c4426d0e564064b699d.jpeg

Got some Scholastic Game On! books and Guinness Gamer's Edition books.

image.jpeg.6a54089c38dd2d367777950e809395ec.jpeg

The new Chuck E. Cheese and Friends Coloring & Activity Book released in May or June of this year. I asked the Manager (who knows who I am) at a Chuck E. Cheese location I've been to a lot, and she said she hadn't seen this book before (which also meant that I couldn't buy the book at the restaurant). I checked Walmart and Chapters/Indigo, and they didn't have it. It's not on Walmart's Canadian site, only their U.S. site. So, about the only way I was able to get the book was by going to the Chapters/Indigo site and buying it online.

image.jpeg.2f72665b25af7aeb688f9aa8dd657c46.jpeg

Got this licensed, retro '80s style Chuck E. Cheese shirt from 80Tees that I mentioned in a previous post. As you can see, it features Chuck E.'s purple friend Munch.

image.jpeg.bdc915a4d8f6049759a3fbba43938e70.jpeg

image.jpeg.a381a9de27ae447d778d9c4f0dc1f234.jpeg

image.jpeg.4678db90127554df8df7966ed17991db.jpeg

Went back to Chuck E. Cheese. Visited a different location that I haven't been to for a while. Got the Chuck E. and Munch Gumball Plushies. Also got some Bookmarks. I also noticed this Trampoline Zone that was added to this location recently.

image.jpeg.20c6682f8e887fd81705b6114e4d2296.jpeg

Normal Chuck E. Cheese Pepperoni Pizza

image.jpeg.6d8b5cf1d29f9a291e3d1c34c0b8d73d.jpeg

"Ryan's Way"

Chuck E. Cheese has a collaboration with Ryan's World, and has this Triple-Loaded Pepperoni Pizza until September. I was able to get more Pepperoni on my Pizza than what they normally put on.

image.jpeg.b7501afe490cf98846564f4036a57252.jpeg

Got Spider-Man 2 on Blu-ray and Driven on Widescreen DVD.

image.jpeg.3376415edcb599fcbfc90dd5bd81db72.jpeg

Got a Collector's Edition copy of Madden 2002 for PS1. This is part of a set, and I'm going to buy more Collector's Edition PS1 games later.

image.jpeg.8e1acb83e994fcf15cb9dc154c607860.jpeg

image.jpeg.07e5285ae00b42292032cf7d8d85e693.jpeg

Got 400+ VHS tapes and three VCR's from a seller having a garage sale. He gave them all to me for free, and I was just able to fit everything in my car. A lot of these tapes I already have, some I didn't have, some I have on DVD or Blu-ray but wanted to keep because of the cool VHS covers, and some of them are still sealed. I kept only 50-100 of these tapes.

image.jpeg.4cea2164307b6f391a6123e9ecad5f61.jpeg

image.jpeg.7dc010a4c2873453720470d84c14cd8d.jpeg

image.jpeg.7b9cdbdfeb23e818a3bd895ee623d342.jpeg

image.jpeg.378bb14ee75af0d4fc7e2df5c5d90697.jpeg

image.jpeg.27e53112787a273d33cc9550d8aea72d.jpeg

image.jpeg.6af69532e242d399421badbbcd8e99e6.jpeg

image.jpeg.0214973bca22db135768930eb2e7e770.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9

Got a couple more black box games to add to the collection. Mario Bros and Excitebike means I have 12 left games left to get a full set. Hoping to pick up a few more by the end of the year. 

IMG_2444.jpeg.47c5ca307e59a03f6e6faac74bcf7bbf.jpeg

Next up we have Buster Bros Collection and a complete copy of Rambo First Blood Part 2. For whatever reason I was having a tough time coming across a decent copy of Rambo, but I am happy to add it to the collection as it’s a tough but fun game. Buster Bros is awesome and I had never heard of the 3rd game until seeing this collection.

IMG_2445.jpeg.a0648899eaa187dbb4c22650f69e1ac5.jpeg

Also picked up Metal Slug Anthology and Tekken Tag Tournament.

IMG_2446.jpeg.59335a2851faf48ce1d4375637a79ff6.jpeg

Got a cool 8 bit Marco from Metal Slug, also got the Wendy’s Mario Advance/Mario Kart board game. The board game is complete, but the box is probably a 5 or 6 out of 10. Still cool to have.

IMG_2451.jpeg.3798792206c4649cbdd9f4068378caae.jpeg

Picked up these cool NES cartridge key chains. I chose to get some of the cooler looking ones.

IMG_2450.jpeg.db34d62c2d8e82b304f83b85e2fa42cd.jpeg

Lastly, an update to a pick up that happened a few years ago. Some of you may remember that I picked up a free but untested Commodore 1702 monitor from my school back in 2021. Unfortunately, once I brought it home, I discovered that it didn’t work. So it’s been sitting in my room for almost 3 years.

At Christmas last year (I forgot to post this in my last update), a family member surprised me when they pulled out a Commodore 64 and a matching disk drive. They mentioned to me that they had found them sitting in the recycling area at their work, and picked them up as soon as they saw them.

IMG_2449.jpeg.5035aed2c5c6389214af137c11f75756.jpeg

It’s pretty cool that I have gotten almost an entire Commodore setup for FREE! The only money I have spent on this was a power supply for a C64. I have been really busy, so I haven’t been able to do anything with them, other than confirm that both the console and the disk drive both appear to turn on. Eventually I will fix all three of them and have a nice working set up.

That’s all for now, thanks for reading!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Well last Sunday I took my cousins F250 Super Duty Lariat and my hopes and dreams and departed for the great white north, Canada. It was about a 5 hour drive one way to cross over Alexandria Bay and enter in Landsdowne, Ontario. I made it a little early so I ascended 1000 Island Tower which is about 1/4 mile from the border and got a glimpse of the scenery which was very nice.

About an hour later @Jparks1rolled up on me and helped me tarp and tie down this wonderful cabinet to the truck. With that done I headed back across the border and, no less than 2 minutes of queuing at the border, it started down pouring rain. I held my breath and hoped for the best on our tarp job. I stopped an about an hour later just to tie down some extra tarp that was blowing and didn’t stop again for several hours to check on it. Along the way back it mostly rained, with some tsunami type rain with thunder and lightning bolts all over. The worst rain was probably the last hour of the trip back.

My brother met me at my house to undo it and get it in the garage and, while a little wet from maybe unpacking, it was in great shape. We got it down to my basement and I set up the dehumidifier on it and just let it dry out for a few days and also cleaned it up good. 

Today my brother came back over to help me put the top half on the bottom half and I set the rest up and I am happy to say this is now the crowning piece in the game room. 

Huge thank you @Jparks1 for meeting me near the border which was about 3.5 hours from him and allowing me to take possession of this amazing piece. The top is labeled M99X and the bottom is labeled M99L with official Nintendo stickers for those wondering. 

IMG_0372.jpeg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 1

image.jpeg.cd921011515add759fd6481641a62399.jpeg

image.jpeg.d50ca36060915bd3bdf730b26121f90e.jpeg

Got this TV Stand for free, which I'm using for a Samsung 40 inch DLP TV from 2004 that I got a few months ago (which was also free, and includes the manual and Remote). One of the VCR's I mentioned in my previous post is a DVD/VCR Combo Player (haven't had one of those since 2006/2007). Everything works as it should.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

This came in the mail yesterday @fcgamer

image.jpg

The NES version is "unlicensed" so arguably a very early homebrew? Apparently Nintendo did not like that and newer NES systems were modified to make such games unplayable. Nintendo would not get away with it today, but the 80s and 90s were different, for better and worse!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Well last Sunday I took my cousins F250 Super Duty Lariat and my hopes and dreams and departed for the great white north, Canada. It was about a 5 hour drive one way to cross over Alexandria Bay and enter in Landsdowne, Ontario. I made it a little early so I ascended 1000 Island Tower which is about 1/4 mile from the border and got a glimpse of the scenery which was very nice.

About an hour later @Jparks1rolled up on me and helped me tarp and tie down this wonderful cabinet to the truck. With that done I headed back across the border and, no less than 2 minutes of queuing at the border, it started down pouring rain. I held my breath and hoped for the best on our tarp job. I stopped an about an hour later just to tie down some extra tarp that was blowing and didn’t stop again for several hours to check on it. Along the way back it mostly rained, with some tsunami type rain with thunder and lightning bolts all over. The worst rain was probably the last hour of the trip back.

My brother met me at my house to undo it and get it in the garage and, while a little wet from maybe unpacking, it was in great shape. We got it down to my basement and I set up the dehumidifier on it and just let it dry out for a few days and also cleaned it up good. 

Today my brother came back over to help me put the top half on the bottom half and I set the rest up and I am happy to say this is now the crowning piece in the game room. 

Huge thank you @Jparks1 for meeting me near the border which was about 3.5 hours from him and allowing me to take possession of this amazing piece. The top is labeled M99X and the bottom is labeled M99L with official Nintendo stickers for those wondering. 

IMG_0372.jpeg

Awesome, you just need the marquee and sign. Looks like the rest is in good shape and you got the shelves as well.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Awesome, you just need the marquee and sign. Looks like the rest is in good shape and you got the shelves as well.

Man, I wish fiber optic signs weren’t out of control expensive, I’d love a world of Nintendo one for the top. The bottom M99L is missing the shelf but it’s not really a big deal for me. I’m pretty sure I could get the dimensions and cut a piece of wood and paint it black, maybe down the road.