IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

17 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

No way, I got this from Konamistyle Japan before it went out of stock more than ten years ago. I just managed to open the package at my parents right now. I live in a time vortex.

10 years ago! I mean, maybe it got damaged during storage and/or moving?

15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

A man after my own heart.

Incidentally, the movie club might be watching Chopping Mall soon.

I haven't seen it yet so I'm down! Was plannin on watching it in oct! Been picking up lots of new/old horror lately! Filling out the horror collection. Was gonna work on a watch list for oct this weekend. Fresh peek: 

20240928_132805.jpg

20240928_132816.jpg

20240928_132837.jpg

Edited by D~Funk
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 1

25 minutes ago, D~Funk said:

I haven't seen it yet so I'm down! Was plannin on watching it in oct! Been picking up lots of new/old horror lately! Filling out the horror collection. Was gonna work on a watch list for oct this weekend. Fresh peek: 

20240928_132805.jpg

20240928_132816.jpg

20240928_132837.jpg

My favorite horror films of the past few years are: Incantation, The Lighthouse, The Witch

If you know more films that are similar please let me know 🙂

28 minutes ago, avatar! said:

My favorite horror films of the past few years are: Incantation, The Lighthouse, The Witch

If you know more films that are similar please let me know 🙂

I still haven't seen The Lighthouse or Incantation but i want to. Have you seen The Ritual? Was pretty good. Kind of in the same realm as The Witch. Just watched When Evil Lurks which is probably my favorite horror movie I've seen recently. 

56 minutes ago, D~Funk said:

I still haven't seen The Lighthouse or Incantation but i want to. Have you seen The Ritual? Was pretty good. Kind of in the same realm as The Witch. Just watched When Evil Lurks which is probably my favorite horror movie I've seen recently. 

The Ritual was decent, I didn't think it rose to the same level as The Witch or the other movies I noted. Still, it was entertaining enough for me to watch until the end. Have to say, I kept thinking "this would make a better video game" 🙂

39 minutes ago, avatar! said:

The Ritual was decent, I didn't think it rose to the same level as The Witch or the other movies I noted. Still, it was entertaining enough for me to watch until the end. Have to say, I kept thinking "this would make a better video game" 🙂

I feel ya. What about Hereditary or Midsommar? 🤔

I managed to get one of the fabric posters with the new Zelda game.  I love the fact that it's a fabric poster rather than a traditional paper poster, but I'm kind of disappointed in artwork.  I wish it had been based on either a map of the overworld, or just a general image of the game world.  Nothing against Zelda, but a poster of just Zelda is kind of meh.  

Still, I'm looking forward to trying the game.

20240928_204650.jpg

• Like 8

I'm not sure when I'll get that game, seems like it would be nice, but I have so many distractions over the recent years I can't even get through the Switch games I've left unfinished. 😕

And on that, I can report +2 SNES games as of today. 😉

I've not had either of these before, one by name I was familiar with and loved the original on Windows, so I was all about getting Lemmings 2 which supports the mouse and has a battery unlike the prequel.

The other game with a terrible title for the US market that would confuse anyone is 'The Skins Game' which anywhere else is Match TItle 2, a 1992 arcade/console game from IREM.  This is an under the radar golf game, but not just any golf game, those who made this were the same people who also made Into the Hunt, the team that bailed on Irem forming Nazca that made Metal Slug, and the spiritual sequel to Match Title -- Neo Turf Masters.  THe game is pretty fun, the greens are challenging for sure so far, as is the unique way to setup your shot before hitting the ball.  But outside of that (and that isn't broken either) the aesthetics, player choices/differences, audio queus, enough of the visuals are all very similar to NTM so I'm thrilled to have it.  Scored the pair for $30 so I can not complain.

I would suggest any NTM fans to check that game out.  The game is the best handling golf game on the SNES, smart use of mode7, instant load of the terrain (not the slow grind most others do), and aside from the usual mode it has the skins game which is gambling for cash who can get the best score on each hole.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Boy, it's been a whirlwind of a year working with contractors to take care of hurricane damage and upgrades of opportunity around the house, and although the new game room isn't set up, I finally have a computer desk set up again at least (was using a tv diner table for the last few months) and thought I'd share some of the games I was able to finally cross off the list over the past couple months, starting with...

uesPkxkPSxKTkSdwj-Yd_A.jpg.f11d8652e074fa6bff91fb78a725694d.jpg

A couple of things that had come in from LRG including the long awaited physical backer copy for Sea of Stars. As for the Arcade Classic Collection, the only reason I wanted it was to be able to finally play Thunder Cross.

OoQN3G3vTPif65Ce_363MQ.jpg.6f11036812145813dde3c23ea3aa8004.jpg

Gleylancer and Eliminate Down copies showed up as well!

ruipEqC3QQqiA1ytM1ATCQ.jpg.a15ee4e81aeca48c1a4bcb74dc2b8c46.jpg

I recently found out that Star Soldier was release on GC in Japan, so I tracked one down, FINALLY - after a year's worth of misses and blown leads - I managed to get a fully CIB Kirby Super Star Stacker (with the lenticular card and all!); I've been playing this one with my daughter a bunch 🙂

But, somehow even luckier still, I managed to get ahold of a complete Rolan's Curse 2! That was one I figured would take me until near the end of my collecting journey to find, so I really consider myself lucky to have come across this one.

A3VYZfBFRbOiOHIqPHD7OA.jpg.4cd345e113cec41320d6b15d8dbda26c.jpg

I also managed to get 2 of the 5 final Saturn games I've been after with Shinrei Jusatsushi Tarōmaru being another VERY lucky find and with the sticker which I thought would be impossible to get. Harmful Park is the last Japanese PS1 game I was after and was in the right place at the right time!

t3UM4JXNQQWyO0UJ-dGAkQ.jpg.2899764314522bf51648766eaa41ef92.jpg

Finally, while I was in Toronto, the brothers who own the Retro Bros. store took in a mint copy of Zombie Nation and we worked out a deal for it after I'd already come back home to the island. They sent it to me in this hard acrylic case which was very kind of them to do, and it marks one of the pricier games I had been looking for for the NES. It had been a while since I'd last gotten a new NES game, so this one hit different.

I'll post the other stuff tomorrow. It's been cool to catch up in the thread and see the kinds of things people have been finding these last few months!

Edited by Renmauzo
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Hi everyone,

Boy, it's been a whirlwind of a year working with contractors to take care of hurricane damage and upgrades of opportunity around the house, and although the new game room isn't set up, I finally have a computer desk set up again at least (was using a tv diner table for the last few months) and thought I'd share some of the games I was able to finally cross off the list over the past couple months, starting with...

uesPkxkPSxKTkSdwj-Yd_A.jpg.f11d8652e074fa6bff91fb78a725694d.jpg

A couple of things that had come in from LRG including the long awaited physical backer copy for Sea of Stars. As for the Arcade Classic Collection, the only reason I wanted it was to be able to finally play Thunder Cross.

OoQN3G3vTPif65Ce_363MQ.jpg.6f11036812145813dde3c23ea3aa8004.jpg

Gleylancer and Eliminate Down copies showed up as well!

ruipEqC3QQqiA1ytM1ATCQ.jpg.a15ee4e81aeca48c1a4bcb74dc2b8c46.jpg

I recently found out that Star Soldier was release on GC in Japan, so I tracked one down, FINALLY - after a year's worth of misses and blown leads - I managed to get a fully CIB Kirby Super Star Stacker (with the lenticular card and all!); I've been playing this one with my daughter a bunch 🙂

But, somehow even luckier still, I managed to get ahold of a complete Rolan's Curse 2! That was one I figured would take me until near the end of my collecting journey to find, so I really consider myself lucky to have come across this one.

A3VYZfBFRbOiOHIqPHD7OA.jpg.4cd345e113cec41320d6b15d8dbda26c.jpg

I also managed to get 2 of the 4 final Saturn games I've been after with Shinrei Jusatsushi Tarōmaru being another VERY lucky find and with the sticker which I thought would be impossible to get. Harmful Park is the last Japanese PS1 game I was after and was in the right place at the right time!

t3UM4JXNQQWyO0UJ-dGAkQ.jpg.2899764314522bf51648766eaa41ef92.jpg

Finally, while I was in Toronto, the brothers who own the Retro Bros. store took in a mint copy of Zombie Nation and we worked out a deal for it after I'd already come back home to the island. They sent it to me in this hard acrylic case which was very kind of them to do, and it marks one of the pricier games I had been looking for for the NES. It had been a while since I'd last gotten a new NES game, so this one hit different.

I'll post the other stuff tomorrow. It's been cool to catch up in the thread and see the kinds of things people have been finding these last few months!

Some awesome stuff here, glad to hear you're getting stuff back together! 

• Love 1

18 hours ago, D~Funk said:

I feel ya. What about Hereditary or Midsommar? 🤔

I thought Hereditary was rather trite and uninteresting. Midsommar was better, but still not in the same league as The Lighthouse, etc. I have not seen Ari Aster's "Beau Is Afraid" so I can't comment on that. Have you seen it?

Here's the rest of what's come through recently; it goes back a couple months up to about a week and a half ago.

4TzmCvS7SI-jBB147l4Plg.jpg.c42972b255032b4c68d46cb8ebe63ba9.jpg

T4zauaZQRT60al8ULxiBeg.jpg.f63ce6df22facfc5227636427b529536.jpg

X3UQiy3wQ7Sa0O7xSCVb2A.jpg.3d4ae865ab2b9ae5bf7746ace94f2039.jpg

ErGnThxWTHWfdzRzEWCTkg.jpg.45e73d2f5456f2844b1699fba31ec0a6.jpg

qzvIIVZzTBiQh7nerclyIQ.jpg.1774d4790afb83b6a6fdc6fde1d20079.jpg

Lb_5rtsPTh-hyDuWU6zd5Q.jpg.2a5173b15867cecb8f1116a77fb86919.jpg

NOTE: Chants of Senaar is INCREDIBLE! One of the best games I've played in ages.

CsNMz29OTFCyYYj1KVIb2A.jpg.006780d0ac3eee50fce5185fbc8524df.jpg

G4wBd7YhTJWaFirb9P8baw.png.1e890b36e88b4093fcf16597b7857f62.png

These were the last 3 Saturn games I'd been looking for, so with those, I'm done! An odyssey that took about a year and a half, rounding up all the Japanese Saturn games I've always wanted to play and own was a lot of fun. As an aside, anything M2 puts work into gets my money, so I felt compelled to get the Zero Fire collection despite having those games. I didn't know about Cygni until it came up in my feed...a new Konami shot 'em up in 2024??? I was shocked!

Finally, Terranigma was one that I've wanted to try and get for a very long time. I beat Soul Blazer, and I'm I'm almost through Illusion of Gaia, so now seemed like a good time to try and track one down (I've actually been looking on and off for a few years, but not as diligently as recently). I managed to get a complete UK PAL copy, and luckily, didn't get raked over the coals in fees and shipping since my cousin lives in the UK and took care of it for me. I am REALLY looking forward to being able to jump into Terranigma!

Thanks all, and good luck finding what you are looking for 🙂

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1