IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

So I bent my Duo USB C cable that powers the console when I was redoing the power supply on all my retro consoles. A replacement is like $15.99 at the analogue store so ok whatever that is pretty on par. Shipping for one cable was $18 and they don’t even send it priority, they ship it ground advantage which must have cost less than $5

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

So I bent my Duo USB C cable that powers the console when I was redoing the power supply on all my retro consoles. A replacement is like $15.99 at the analogue store so ok whatever that is pretty on par. Shipping for one cable was $18 and they don’t even send it priority, they ship it ground advantage which must have cost less than $5

That's why I often shit on them when conversations come up about shipping charges.  They're misleading, lying really, it doesn't cost anywhere near what they charge for shipping so they're having a not so well hidden handling charge.  You're like paying them $10 or more an order to slip a piece of paper, an item(or few), and a little packing material in the box to set it aside for when the carrier truck comes to grab it for them.  It's why after my first order long ago, I've bought their stuff second hand from discontent first owners who didn't use the item or did once or twice and decided to sell it at MSRP cost to break even.  Sadly they can get away with it as no one will do anything but complain about it, like i'm doing now, instead of finding some way to hold them accountable.

24 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's why I often shit on them when conversations come up about shipping charges.  They're misleading, lying really, it doesn't cost anywhere near what they charge for shipping so they're having a not so well hidden handling charge.  You're like paying them $10 or more an order to slip a piece of paper, an item(or few), and a little packing material in the box to set it aside for when the carrier truck comes to grab it for them.  It's why after my first order long ago, I've bought their stuff second hand from discontent first owners who didn't use the item or did once or twice and decided to sell it at MSRP cost to break even.  Sadly they can get away with it as no one will do anything but complain about it, like i'm doing now, instead of finding some way to hold them accountable.

I probably could have bought any USB-C to USB-C cable but wanted to have the branded one for whatever reason. I reached out to their CS about getting some of the shipping cost refunded. I’ll see how that goes lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Sadly they can get away with it as no one will do anything but complain about it, like i'm doing now, instead of finding some way to hold them accountable.

There really isn't a way to hold them accountable. They can freely charge anything they want for shipping, and people can choose to buy or not buy. Free market and all. It sucks, but the alternative is to get the government to step in, and I don't think we want that. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tulpa said:

There really isn't a way to hold them accountable. They can freely charge anything they want for shipping, and people can choose to buy or not buy. Free market and all. It sucks, but the alternative is to get the government to step in, and I don't think we want that. 

Most definitely not, not against a small business.  Less regulation is good, but in some instances it really is needed so people don't just get wrecked on a regional if not national level, like when the old phone company (Ma Bell) got parted out for screwing people on basic calls and service fees just to have it.  It was more of my just venting my annoyance at their garbage and people not even complaining heavily online to try and push back against it.  If enough consumers started posting negative reviews on various options, calling them out on social media, etc demanding answers enough they either lock their accounts or are shamed into explaining is really about as far as it could go.

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Most definitely not, not against a small business.  Less regulation is good, but in some instances it really is needed so people don't just get wrecked on a regional if not national level, like when the old phone company (Ma Bell) got parted out for screwing people on basic calls and service fees just to have it.  

Basic phone service is considered a utility or a basic need, so the government has an interest in stepping in to protect people.

Analogue's products don't qualify (even though some here would argue retro gaming is a basic need. 😛 ) 

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It was more of my just venting my annoyance at their garbage and people not even complaining heavily online to try and push back against it.  If enough consumers started posting negative reviews on various options, calling them out on social media, etc demanding answers enough they either lock their accounts or are shamed into explaining is really about as far as it could go.

Yes, it's frustrating, I get that, and you've touched on the most that can be done. 

Unfortunately, enough people seem to be satisfied with the product to put up with the nonsense, given that they've been charging outrageous pricing on shipping since their consolelized MVS days. I remember the back and forth, and that was like a decade ago. I don't see a mass movement, even on our scale, to do anything to them. 

#cancelAnalogue

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1