IGNORED

Sam's Journey on the NES has finally begun!

Knights of Bytes

On 9/24/2024 at 4:22 PM, a3quit4s said:

For the love of God, please let Mega Cat or Dalyen Games distribute this game for the US and Canada, the polyplay user experience is the worst thing since Wii fucking U

If you just want to play the game, you can also get the digital version on Itch.io - Sam's Journey (NES) by Knights of Bytes (itch.io)

• Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 10:56 PM, Mcin said:

Yay, I do own it and did beat it.

[...]

I did a game in 9:38 on timer, with some playtime not being saved, scoring 94%. I felt a bit saddened at the end, as if I was really at the end of the really fun journey that had to come to an end. So I got the game boxed back, knowing that one day I'll reach 100%. Overall very good game, most of my comments are just being picky, well, with exception of balance and level design, which can get some more love on the way to greatness. Also shown to my friend and young cousin and they enjoyed. Hope you'll keep on rocking.

Thank you very much for your honest and incredibly comprehensive review! 😃👍

We're glad that, despite the occasional corners and edges, you had an overall great journey with Sam, which is the best we could ask for. Will of course keep rockin'...

Happy retro-gaming! 🕹️

Chester Kollschen
Knights of Bytes

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 5:21 AM, fcgamer said:

@Knights of Bytes Does the Famicom version of the game include a proper Famicom manual? (No, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be in Japanese...). 

The Famicom version does come with a printed manual.

The texts on the box, in the manual and in the game are in English. Only the logo on the box has been translated into Japanese as a tribute to earlier Famicom titles.

What do you mean by "proper"?

Chester Kollschen
Knights of Bytes

On 9/24/2024 at 11:22 PM, a3quit4s said:

For the love of God, please let Mega Cat or Dalyen Games distribute this game for the US and Canada, the polyplay user experience is the worst thing since Wii fucking U

One lesson learnt from working with a EU-based distributor is that shipping costs are a big issue for our customers in the Americas. We promise to seek a better solution for our future titles.

Best regards

Chester Kollschen
Knights of Bytes

31 minutes ago, Knights of Bytes said:

One lesson learnt from working with a EU-based distributor is that shipping costs are a big issue for our customers in the Americas. We promise to seek a better solution for our future titles.

Best regards

Chester Kollschen
Knights of Bytes

It's not so bad, there is a $11-$12 option, the issue with poly.play is that they default to a like $40-$50 shipping option and it isn't really clear that it can be changed. I have other issues with the site and look forward to maybe there being another option to purchase from in the future