IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

4 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Sweden's doing better than California, lol.

Its a state with 10x as many people (and not all are white/blonde hair) 😂😂🤣🤣

btw according to this, https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/#!

we are 24/50 on cases per 100k people. 
Not bad for a state with the 5th largest economy in the world (3x bigger than Taiwan 😉)

29 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Its a state with 10x as many people (and not all are white/blonde hair) 😂😂🤣🤣

btw according to this, https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/#!

we are 24/50 on cases per 100k people. 
Not bad for a state with the 5th largest economy in the world (3x bigger than Taiwan 😉)

Check your numbers Corey, or better yet, sources that California's population is 10x more lol

Edited by fcgamer

Hmm... Yeah according to Google there are like ten million in Sweden and 40 million in California. Taiwan is in the middle with 24 million. GDP per capita is 70 thousand for California, 54 thousand for Sweden and 25 thousand for Taiwan. Gross GDP is 3.2 trillion for CA,  550 billion for Sweden and 580 billion for Taiwan...

I'm not exactly sure what any of this is meant to prove, but those are the rough numbers. 😅

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Check your numbers Corey, or better yet, sources that California's population is 10x more lol

You are right! Got it confused with norway, which was the lat Scandinavian country i checked the population of 🤣🤣

Its just 4x the population.  And CA is 6x the economy of Taiwan, thanks @OptOut Either way, try not to be jelly of the best state in the USA. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

You are right! Got it confused with norway, which was the lat Scandinavian country i checked the population of 🤣🤣

Once again, the depths of your prejudice laid starkly bare here Corey... I am offended by your callous disregard for the beautiful diversity of the Scandinavian peoples... I guess they're just all the same to you, huh?! 😤 CANCEL SWEDISH CHEF!!! CANCEL COREY!!! 😡

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Once again, the depths of your prejudice laid starkly bare here Corey... I am offended by your callous disregard for the beautiful diversity of the Scandinavian peoples... I guess they're just all the same to you, huh?! 😤 CANCEL SWEDISH CHEF!!! CANCEL COREY!!! 😡

I am a true racist garbage person, correct! But only against white, northern europeans. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

...right there alongside our boys Brazil, and the no-lockdown morons in Sweden

We're #1!  Also Uncle Donald wants all the hospitals to report Covid numbers to the government instead of the CDC.  What could possibly go wrong here 🤣🤣🤣.

We are beating Covid.  Testing had been cut in half, boom half the cases.  All of these deaths are from the protests, not true Americans.  I definitely am not pulling a China and fudging our numbers.

2 hours ago, Doctornick said:

We're #1!  Also Uncle Donald wants all the hospitals to report Covid numbers to the government instead of the CDC.  What could possibly go wrong here 🤣🤣🤣.

We are beating Covid.  Testing had been cut in half, boom half the cases.  All of these deaths are from the protests, not true Americans.  I definitely am not pulling a China and fudging our numbers.

I'm under the impression that there's plenty of "number fudging" already. (ie. people who were infected with COVID but wasn't the actual cause of death) Also, States reporting in various fashions, lack of consistency with reporting across the US. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

I'm under the impression that there's plenty of "number fudging" already. (ie. people who were infected with COVID but wasn't the actual cause of death) Also, States reporting in various fashions, lack of consistency with reporting across the US. 

Even if we're to meet in the middle of both numbers, it's still a bad number. 

44 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:
51 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Even if we're to meet in the middle of both numbers, it's still a bad number. 

Yeah no doubt, I know it's not great either way you chop it up. I'm just saying if the Government wants to collect the data and investigate/audit with the intention of providing accurate data, then so be it. 

Edited by Silent Hill

1 hour ago, Silent Hill said:

Yeah no doubt, I know it's not great either way you chop it up. I'm just saying if the Government wants to collect the data and investigate/audit with the intention of providing accurate data, then so be it. 

Do you really have faith that an administration that is known for constant lies, is going to be transparent? What evidence would you have that shows they would provide accurate data?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Sorry man, but there can't be any way you'd trust our current government to report honestly when they are arguing everything medical professionals have been saying for months.  I know you don't intend it that way, but as one of those professionals being ignored it's pretty insulting.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I also keep seeing Taiwan's name get tossed around, any reason why? I might need to make a phone call so that we stop / don't export masks to California. 

...because you constantly bring it up and whine that everybody else only wants to talk about America ? Where they live and can speak about?

5 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Do you really have faith that an administration that is known for constant lies, is going to be transparent? What evidence would you have that shows they would provide accurate data?

Faith? Honestly not sure if I should trust CDC, WHO, Studies/Doctors, or the Administration. Not saying the Administration would be better to deliver accurate information, but I'm also not totally convinced that they'll collect the data and manipulate it for their agenda.  Maybe if there were better guidelines for which deaths should be counted and how each State/Hospital is reporting, we wouldn't be so concerned over the accuracy of data that is being delivered through a crazy amount of avenues. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Sorry man, but there can't be any way you'd trust our current government to report honestly when they are arguing everything medical professionals have been saying for months.  I know you don't intend it that way, but as one of those professionals being ignored it's pretty insulting. 

I don't necessarily trust the Government over medical professionals (even though the thoughts among the medical professionals have also been mixed) but people are already ignoring guidelines, regardless of who's delivering them. Even if Trump came out and aligned with all of the guidelines, we'd still somewhat be in our current state because people who aren't following protocol aren't necessarily doing it for political reasons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

I don't necessarily trust the Government over medical professionals (even though the thoughts among the medical professionals have also been mixed) but people are already ignoring guidelines, regardless of who's delivering them. Even if Trump came out and aligned with all of the guidelines, we'd still somewhat be in our current state because people who aren't following protocol aren't necessarily doing it for political reasons.

Sadly I agree with you on that last part.  I think having our president and government actually listening to doctors would help, but at this point things are too far gone to avoid fixing it without another lockdown or something else drastic.

Administrator · Posted

I actually disagree. 

A strong leader can have a severe impact on how people behave, this is a constant in all things. Trump is simply not a strong leader. 

I honestly believe that if he were:

• A strong leader
  • Generally competent

He'd be able to unite the people under the cause. The country as a whole will generally reflect the leader, and that's what we're seeing now, is people who are "liberated" by the idea that they can be selfish and that's not just ok, but commendable. 

Imagine if you had Churchill or another great war time leader from the past in place now. Those rousing speeches helped a LOT. Do you think the general public in the States was overall smarter in the 40s? I'm not so sure. 

Depending on the leader, you can easily sway between, well, axis and allies. The Germans of WW2 weren't inherently bad. Neither are the people of America today. 

Shitty leader makes a huge difference. 

• Like 4

Administrator · Posted
21 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Do you think the general public in the States was overall smarter in the 40s? I'm not so sure. 

Yes they were, because they didn't have the internet blasting all kinds of shit from people that shouldn't have a voice in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Faith? Honestly not sure if I should trust CDC, WHO, Studies/Doctors, or the Administration. Not saying the Administration would be better to deliver accurate information, but I'm also not totally convinced that they'll collect the data and manipulate it for their agenda.  Maybe if there were better guidelines for which deaths should be counted and how each State/Hospital is reporting, we wouldn't be so concerned over the accuracy of data that is being delivered through a crazy amount of avenues. 

Crazy. Its almost like the federal government should have a centralized database, and Coordinate all the states? Nah, not Trumps deal. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Crazy. Its almost like the federal government should have a centralized database, and Coordinate all the states? Nah, not Trumps deal.

Maybe that's why they want the data reported directly to them?