IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

A drive thru is a window on the side of a building where business transactions can be conducted without having to leave your car. Very convenient, especially in cold or otherwise unpleasant weather. I'm surprised cold ass Canada doesn't have any! 😅

Hah I jest, we have them here. Just really not in Toronto very much; it's quite dense here.

4 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

It would be 15 minutes here.   They're that crazy for efficiency.

Still sounds slow compared to my primary local store.

They have gotten absurdly fast, with 3 people taking orders and processing payments curbside, 1 attendant handing out receipts when you roll past where the now-unused order-sign is, and 2 or 3 people getting order-trays from the pickup window to hand food to the cars in line.

It is a sight to behold, and you basically just roll through it all in continuous motion.

Best chicken place?  Gotta suggest Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken.  You might have one close to you if you're in certain areas of the country.  It's pretty good - to the point that it might ruin you're preconceived notion of what you think fried chicken tastes like.  Come holler at me if you're in Memphis, and Soma will give you a VIP pass 🙂

Edited by Soma
Autocorrect thinks I said fries, which clearly is an item on the menu, but we are talking fried chicken here...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

A drive thru is a window on the side of a building where business transactions can be conducted without having to leave your car. Very convenient, especially in cold or otherwise unpleasant weather. I'm surprised cold ass Canada doesn't have any! 😅

They have them, they just call them queuebys.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

Still sounds slow compared to my primary local store.

They have gotten absurdly fast, with 3 people taking orders and processing payments curbside, 1 attendant handing out receipts when you roll past where the now-unused order-sign is, and 2 or 3 people getting order-trays from the pickup window to hand food to the cars in line.

It is a sight to behold, and you basically just roll through it all in continuous motion.

Ours has a double drive thru line to keep cars from backing up traffic on the road.

21 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Ours has a double drive thru line to keep cars from backing up traffic on the road.

So they're taking orders at the normal drive thru signs during peak times?

Ours is a single line, but will wrap the building and snake through the parking lot, and you'll still get through it faster than being behind 3 or 4 cars at most other places.

The key is all of the crew being curbside processing orders so that all of the payments are happening when the order is made versus the window worker needing to process payments AND hand out meals.

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

So they're taking orders at the normal drive thru signs during peak times?

Ours is a single line, but will wrap the building and snake through the parking lot, and you'll still get through it faster than being behind 3 or 4 cars at most other places.

The key is all of the crew being curbside processing orders so that all of the payments are happening when the order is made versus the window worker needing to process payments AND hand out meals.

I think they have the tablet people during peak times, and then for normal times they use the dual drive thru signs.

3 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

It would require a time machine to get Kentucky Fried Chicken that came anywhere close to how good it was in the 80's or earlier.

I haven't bought KFC in the last 15 years and had anything but regret afterwords.

The last time I had KFC, it was a big greasy ball of something vaguely chicken shaped. I mean, it was dripping whatever oil they used. Barely edible.

California Chicken Cafe FTW!

Events Team · Posted

I dunno how the hell this thread has sidetracked so much, but since it has, I'll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring and say that Chick-fil-a is my personal favorite chicken place. I can't say I've been to that many though. Despite how fat I am, I haven't actually been to many fast food places, so I usually just stick to the couple I know. My family agrees with me that Chick-fil-a is great though! 😛