IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

I've heard good things about Cracker Barrel, but I'm not sure I've ever been to one.

They used to be the best thing ever and have an old timey candy, soda & gift shop when you first walk in.

The food slowly became crap, but the Sunday chicken is still great and the pecan pancakes are to die for (though we’d literally die if we got them since we discovered my sons tree nut allergy.

Id go every Sunday for chicken and pancakes if not for my sons allergy.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

They used to be the best thing ever and have an old timey candy, soda & gift shop when you first walk in.

The food slowly became crap, but the Sunday chicken is still great and the pecan pancakes are to die for (though we’d literally die if we got them since we discovered my sons tree nut allergy.

Id go every Sunday for chicken and pancakes if not for my sons allergy.

Hm, I'll have to try 'em out sometime.

Wow f'n pathetic still bitchin about Chik Fil A due to the CEO...boo hoo.  The food is fantastic.  I can speak for it in so Cal and also KY but it was consistent in both and very well made.  A rare place where I actually for fast food enjoy the differences on the menu.  Look I get it they're all christian and also pretty strong on values and ethics at the store, manners too.  They're also about consistency, but to a point I think it can not be helped depending if you have a space where they're consistently not as nice too.  I don't think it's a known, but my wife being a caterer for them (first stand alone catering location nationally is here, have like 2-3 now) I've learned a few things.  You are barred from owning a CFA location without actually starting from being a person who busses tables and works the counter, and so on.  You have to not just work every job within the walls but also go through like 2 years of training before it's allowed to be franchised out to another owner so the experience is the same when you're there.  That's why you get the same kindness, manners, cleanliness, speed (in line or in car) across the board.

I used to enjoy KFC, still can when I want their special herbs and spices, tried Canes and it's bland as all get out.  A southern kind of treat though you can get broaster (combo broiled/roasted chicken) and that's still uniquely great when done right too.   l like their original sandwich, that wicked wrap, the spicy chicken salad, and also the bacon cheese club thing too, also the breakfast chicken/cheese sandwich is awesome too.

CFA takes a lot of undeserved crap due to the CEO and how he donates his funds, but to punish all those workers, those hard working local owners who go through all that to do their own, it's irresponsible and just disgusting playing that cancel culture bullshit on them.  Go setup a picket line outside the CEOs house and office, raging against the locals clearly has no impact at all other than far more buying food as revenge and at times legal stuff breaking out against cities trying to bar a legit business to open just because.

28 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I've heard good things about Cracker Barrel, but I'm not sure I've ever been to one.

There's actually an NES homebrew version of the Cracker Barrel peg game believe it or not.  How well can you do?  Can you leave only one peg and be a genius?  If you leave two you're purty smart, but if you leave three you're just plain dumb.  Just don't end up four or morn or you'll be just plain "EG-NO-RA-MOOSE"!! 😄 

1 hour ago, Californication said:

How has no one mention Popeye's?

Popeye's business model is getting all of the Sunday business that Chik Fil A leaves on the table 😛  (they are decent though -- way better than modern KFC, and their mashed potatoes are the best there are)

Edited by arch_8ngel

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Wow f'n pathetic still bitchin about Chik Fil A due to the CEO...boo hoo. 

Well just to be fair and balanced, Michael Jordan would also say that liberal Democrats, SJW's, and LGBT's buy chicken too.

Edited by Estil

49 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Popeye's business model is getting all of the Sunday business that Chik Fil A leaves on the table 😛  (they are decent though -- way better than modern KFC, and their mashed potatoes are the best there are)

Their sides are really good. They taste like MSG good. I usually go for the red beans and rice.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Congrats on your new Job as writer for Sean Hannity. 

😄  I take it you’re not the one who changed the thread title? 

3 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Your meme is missing the part where Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself.

heh, I didn’t make it. But that is a rabbit hole I haven’t bothered to go down. 

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm sure that's already gone viral with the certain type of conservative snowflake that couldn't bother to read the whole thing.

That’s clearly the idea but I rather doubt anyone has taken the bait. I’d love to be shown wrong.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow f'n pathetic still bitchin about Chik Fil A due to the CEO...boo hoo.  The food is fantastic.  I can speak for it in so Cal and also KY but it was consistent in both and very well made.  A rare place where I actually for fast food enjoy the differences on the menu.

Prizing equality and human rights above tasty fast food is fucking pathetic? Yeah ok cool.

You are barred from owning a CFA location without actually starting from being a person who busses tables and works the counter, and so on.  You have to not just work every job within the walls but also...

I won’t dispute that it’s a good business model to provide quality service and to recognize and respect and make opportunities available for employees and promote from within. But

but to punish all those workers, those hard working local owners who go through all that to do their own,

franchises are the worst version of locally-owned small business there is. The model hollows out and anonymizes local communities as much as any other chain or big box store method. In fact while it does add some promotional power and economy of scale to Joe Blow Level 4 [who happens to have $40k+ cash on hand to blow] it also takes decision power from and offloads risk to the person willing to buy into their game.

And it is hardly “punishing” the “owners” and employees to ask for accountability from a chain, especially a highly successful one. 

It would be one thing for a CEO or whoever, to hold a private view that people disagree with. When said rich and powerful person, whose wealth and power continues to increase by the labor of other people who don’t have an equal stake, uses those resources to influence policy, further increase their own, and harm other people in service of that view, yeah, that’s a problem. 

• Haha 1

How can ‘best fast food chicken’ make it back to political bickering? 😅 You’re welcome folks, I did it, or rather I engaged someone who did.

Check out No Logo by Naomi Klein for further holistic information of how big business, even franchised, damages the little people. 

Link, yes I honestly give less than any level of shit what the CEO of that company does with his money, that's his concern, not mine.  I'm not a social justice warrior who goes around seeking causes to rouse up people to start fights.  I'm kind of fed up with the intentional trolling and cancel culture bullshit.  If we truly truly wanted to take offense to everything some person, some company, some entity has done in the past you, me, most of retail, hollywood, politicians, the media, and the rest would be wiped out.

Franchises in general I would agree with you are the worst, CFA is unique in the space.  It's that unique model where you have to learn over a course of a couple years, work every position, and other layers they have as well it really doesn't offload anything as much like other usual franchises do where you pay, get the name, and can basically do whatever within the scope of what is or isn't allowed.  CFA is a more tightly knit run of places with better rewards.

Says you it's not punishing the local owners and employees, it's exactly that.  You rouse up the rabble to go out and block entry, throw stuff at buildings, paint this or that, yell at people as a deterrent, and so on you're not really harming the big bad main office, you're screwing the locals.  Each business, each local business, people take on, take out, over some cause is only harming those working within those walls.  It would have to be a truly organized event that cripples a majority of the whole, not  the locals alone, that would even begin to make it sting at the highest levels and that isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

If we truly truly wanted to take offense to everything some person, some company, some entity has done in the past you, me, most of retail, hollywood, politicians, the media, and the rest would be wiped out.

Nope. I’m not going to accept the excuse that everyone is an asshole to ignore what assholes do. It’s not true. Maybe it’s true of you, sorry to hear it. 

Franchises in general I would agree with you are the worst,

That’s nice. I am very glad we can agree on some things.

CFA is unique in the space....with better rewards.

Dr Bronner’s is better, as are union shops which truly share in the rewards for everybody.

I'm kind of fed up with the intentional trolling and cancel culture bullshit.

It’s called freedom of speech. It’s not a one way street. Don’t try to pick and choose when the free market responds to a CEO’s individual choices.

Or do you have an opinion on Jim Beam?

2934BEB2-F417-4935-8BE7-F7058634B53A.jpeg

Edited by Link
  • Haha 1

Nando's. Case closed. Their chicken livers are fucking amazing! You know if they can make livers right, their chicken game is on POINT! And the various peri peri sauces are unbelievably delicious. It's all grilled too, none of that greasy deep fried shit.

NandosPERiPERilogo.jpg.3fccc2edf5fc313f69eceed5362c6955.jpg

62ef2fe2a5f2e259ace2ecf91e966d77.jpg.56995abcb1ae743b2d5ae0352bf16b34.jpg

If you haven't eaten Nando's, you don't know what you're missing.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
58 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Nando's. Case closed. Their chicken livers are fucking amazing! You know if they can make livers right, their chicken game is on POINT! And the various peri peri sauces are unbelievably delicious. It's all grilled too, none of that greasy deep fried shit.

NandosPERiPERilogo.jpg.3fccc2edf5fc313f69eceed5362c6955.jpg

62ef2fe2a5f2e259ace2ecf91e966d77.jpg.56995abcb1ae743b2d5ae0352bf16b34.jpg

If you haven't eaten Nando's, you don't know what you're missing.

Have to admit, that does look pretty damn tasty... there aren't any in Missouri though 😞 Next time I find myself in Illinois, I'll have to try 'em out.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Have to admit, that does look pretty damn tasty... there aren't any in Missouri though 😞 Next time I find myself in Illinois, I'll have to try 'em out.

Yeah trust dude, it's absolutely delicious, one of my favourite eat out meals. Very big in the UK, they're everywhere, but unfortunately none in Taiwan that I know of! 😭

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I don't think it's a known, but my wife being a caterer for them (first stand alone catering location nationally is here, have like 2-3 now) I've learned a few things.  You are barred from owning a CFA location without actually starting from being a person who busses tables and works the counter, and so on.  You have to not just work every job within the walls but also go through like 2 years of training before it's allowed to be franchised out to another owner so the experience is the same when you're there.  That's why you get the same kindness, manners, cleanliness, speed (in line or in car) across the board.

It takes more training than what's required for joining law enforcement. Nice!

Also where is all the Bojangles love, Bojangles got my vote.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Link said:

Prizing equality and human rights above tasty fast food is fucking pathetic? Yeah ok cool.

I won’t dispute that it’s a good business model to provide quality service and to recognize and respect and make opportunities available for employees and promote from within. But

franchises are the worst version of locally-owned small business there is. The model hollows out and anonymizes local communities as much as any other chain or big box store method. In fact while it does add some promotional power and economy of scale to Joe Blow Level 4 [who happens to have $40k+ cash on hand to blow] it also takes decision power from and offloads risk to the person willing to buy into their game.

And it is hardly “punishing” the “owners” and employees to ask for accountability from a chain, especially a highly successful one. 

It would be one thing for a CEO or whoever, to hold a private view that people disagree with. When said rich and powerful person, whose wealth and power continues to increase by the labor of other people who don’t have an equal stake, uses those resources to influence policy, further increase their own, and harm other people in service of that view, yeah, that’s a problem. 

You're almost as funny as @fcgamer. Look up every company you buy stuff from. I guarantee 80% or more will have some SJW issue associated with them. Have fun not shopping anywhere once you get super woke brotato chip.

• Like 1