IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I love Chick-fil-A, but I have to disagree on the spicy chicken sandwich front. The spicy Chick-fil-A is a treat but the one from Popeyes got that crunch and the sauce that tips it over the edge flavor wise. 

Patty for patty, Chick-fil-A has Popeyes beat but the sum of the parts goes to Popeyes. 

Alright, I might try them out at some point. I don't usually go for the spicy ones since the patty is usually completely different on the spicy sandwiches, when honestly all I'm looking for is the regular chicken sandwich with a bit of spice the rare time I order a spicy one. I mean, they're still definitely good, but nothing beats a classic, no frills, no bullshit chicken sandwich in my eyes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Cigarettes or left handed cigarettes?

I smoke with both hands baby aawwwooo.

The good stuff.  Hanging out with an ex minor league catcher who listened to Sirius XM reggae stations all day and changed his name because he didn’t like the way his parents used to call his siblings and him to dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

"Best airport food" really doesn't do a good job of making anything sound good lol.

Ha!  Airports have a full complement of real restaurants and all of the typical fast food places.  Not really any different than the quality of any restaurant you'll typically eat at short of fine dining and mom-and-pop places.

Point is, they are both relatively quick, and both avoid the inevitable regret of having eaten fast food cheeseburgers at 35,000 ft.

35 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I love Chick-fil-A, but I have to disagree on the spicy chicken sandwich front. The spicy Chick-fil-A is a treat but the one from Popeyes got that crunch and the sauce that tips it over the edge flavor wise. 

Patty for patty, Chick-fil-A has Popeyes beat but the sum of the parts goes to Popeyes. 

Definitely agree.  It's just rare that I want to deal with the wait.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The chicken sandwich, fried chicken and Cajun fries are amazing. I don't know what everyone else is eating.

They have the best mashed potatoes and gravy in the business, as well.  Nothing else comes close, not even childhood nostalgia for the way KFC used to do it.

47 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

You’re all missing the critical thing here: who has the best biscuits?

I know what country sausage goes best with them there biscuits!  Goooooooooood Kentucky sausage! 😄  (Simpsonville to be exact)

So not only does Kentucky have the best chicken, and the finest college basketball team in the land...but we have the best sausage too! 🙂 

Edited by Estil

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

They have the best mashed potatoes and gravy in the business, as well.  Nothing else comes close, not even childhood nostalgia for the way KFC used to do it.

Didn't Colonel Sanders himself, after he (for whatever reason) sold the company, infamously said that their MP&G now tasted like wallpaper paste?

And when he was in charge, if he happened to drop by and didn't like the way you were doing things, he'd fling all your pots and such out into the parking lot!! 😄 

Edited by Estil

Events Team · Posted
54 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Biscuits? Good grief, you Americans make me SICK with your abuses of the English language.

These are biscuits:

recipe-image-legacy-id--901527_10.jpg.143095931da2667e963b9fa2881dd446.jpg

For what it's worth, I live in the USA and this is the first thing that pops in my mind when I hear the word biscuit, if it makes you feel any better 😛

• Thanks 1

Incidentally, it's fries, not chips, and chips, not crisps.

There's no such thing as Opal Fruits, they're Starbursts.

This is a Milky Way:

all-city-candy-milky-way-candy-bar-184-o

This is a 3 Musketeers:

all-city-candy-3-musketeers-candy-bar-19

And Mars Bars were discontinued years ago. We have Snickers with Almonds now.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

Biscuits? Good grief, you Americans make me SICK with your abuses of the English language.

These are biscuits:

recipe-image-legacy-id--901527_10.jpg.143095931da2667e963b9fa2881dd446.jpg

Just remember, our accent is closer to the "original"  English, accent, also you guys invented the term "soccer", not us 😛

1 minute ago, OptOut said:

Okay, that's it! I am officially being oppressed! Now I know how other races feel! 😭

What's the outter thing around a long sandwich called? Like the not particularly delicious one you are yesterday. 

And why do you guys not use the word "patty" , and what is the difference between a tea cake, a bap, etc.

Man, you guys are weird!

3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Just remember, our accent is closer to the "original"  English, accent, also you guys invented the term "soccer", not us 😛

Yeah, and we changed it because it was BAD! 😑 

Not enough u's, too many z's, and "re" on the end of things just looks classier than "er" damn it! 😤

6 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

What's the outter thing around a long sandwich called? Like the not particularly delicious one you are yesterday. 

And why do you guys not use the word "patty" , and what is the difference between a tea cake, a bap, etc.

Man, you guys are weird!

You better watch it mister... I feel a reporting coming on! 😉