IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

23 hours ago, Link said:

Nope. I’m not going to accept the excuse that everyone is an asshole to ignore what assholes do. It’s not true. Maybe it’s true of you, sorry to hear it.

It’s called freedom of speech. It’s not a one way street. Don’t try to pick and choose when the free market responds to a CEO’s individual choices.

Or do you have an opinion on Jim Beam?

Visited the facility a couple of times before, quite good.  Probably not what you wanted to hear.  I don't care to mix stupid politics with food and drink consumption.  If I like it, I'm not going to play the martyr and pretend I don't like something because someone did something now or in the past.  And yeah, assholes do as they do, and I don't care so if that makes you feel sorry that's fine, but I'd still rather have some nice bourbon and fast food chicken than to make some pathetic feigned moral stance that's going to harm nothing in the short or long run at all.  It makes you wonder with all the whining and grandstanding if anyone gets it, it doesn't change a damn thing because you'll never get enough people on your side to cause a big enough dent to stop it.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, OptOut said:

You guys are just butthurt because you got the shitty looking box-ass Super Nintendo! 😂

You guys may have the better controller, but I personally prefer the boxy look of our Super Nintendo. I'll restrain myself from contributing any more to this conversation though, because now we're getting in to some real controversial territories 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, OptOut said:
20 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

That would be spelling, I'm taking about accent 😄

You guys are just butthurt because you got the shitty looking box-ass Super Nintendo! 😂

You guys are so cute together.  Two Thailanders arguing about talking American. 😅

Also, if cookies are biscuits, what do you call biscuits? 

bIrHQuO.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

You guys are so cute together.  Two Thailanders arguing about talking American. 😅

Also, if cookies are biscuits, what do you call biscuits? 

bIrHQuO.jpg

I've never had one of those, but they LOOK like scones to me. However, scones are sweet and with raisins, so it's not quite the same thing I don't think.

• Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, OptOut said:

I've never had one of those, but they LOOK like scones to me. However, scones are sweet and with raisins, so it's not quite the same thing I don't think.

Def not a scone.  You eat biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast.  They're all crumbly and buttery.  So damn good.  You can also cut em open and add butter and honey.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Def not a scone.  You eat biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast.  They're all crumbly and buttery.  So damn good.  You can also cut em open and add butter and honey.

Scones are also crumbly and buttery. It's just they are sweet not savory. These are scones:

fullsizeoutput_7cc2-720x405.jpeg.5bee70f35c604384bcb7d8944563f81c.jpeg

scones.jpg.dc49e71017e9d7f0165158cb1cc26808.jpg

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Scones are also crumbly and buttery. It's just they are sweet not savory. These are scones:

I been to Starbucks; I know what a scone is.  It's what you have with your tea and strumpets! 

They def have a different taste and texture.  Scones are more like a dry ass muffin.  You guys have muffins?  Or cupcakes?

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhino said:

Give us a list of places you shop or eat at. 

I half expected you to say this and I think it’s ridiculous, but have fun digging.

Al’s Under the L
Aldi
Best Buy
Chewy
CJ’s Chicken
Discogs
eBay
Mariano’s
McGuire-Western Lumber
Mile High Comics
Mox Multisport
Pete’s Fresh Market
Philly’s Best
Reckless Records
Space Oddities
Target
Three Star Food Market
Thriftbooks
Village Discount
Walgreens
Wax Trax! Records

For reference, your claim is

10 hours ago, Link said:
16 hours ago, Rhino said:

Look up every company you buy stuff from. I guarantee 80% or more will have some SJW issue associated with them. Have fun not shopping anywhere once you get super woke brotato chip.

No Walmart in 17 years. No Amazon in 6 and only from independent sellers in 3 years prior to that. No Whole Foods in 1½ years.

No big fast food chains especially McDonalds which tastes horrible. (I like Wendy’s and Steak n Shake, but it’s been at least two years since I’ve gone to either  — the former because one had just opened in my neighborhood and the latter to meet up with an old friend.)

I don’t have a car so no gasoline. 

What else do you need to know. brotato chip 🙄?

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Visited the facility a couple of times before, quite good. 

Right on

Probably not what you wanted to hear. 

I wanted to know your opinion as a conservative who throws around “SJW” as a pejorative on people who care about things like equity and equality and human rights that he doesn’t care about. 

I don't care to mix stupid politics with food and drink consumption.

I do agree with this believe it or not. I don’t understand why it’s hard for executives to avoid publically expressing their political opinions.  But as long as that is the case, I’m not going to patronize the ones I disagree with and nor will I stand by while others loudly do. Yes, anybody including rich people can do whatever they want with their money. That does not mean I have to ignore what they do and contribute of their wealth if they use their money to work against human rights. 

1 hour ago, Link said:

Right on

I wanted to know your opinion as a conservative who throws around “SJW” as a pejorative on people who care about things like equity and equality and human rights that he doesn’t care about. 

I do agree with this believe it or not. I don’t understand why it’s hard for executives to avoid publically expressing their political opinions.  But as long as that is the case, I’m not going to patronize the ones I disagree with and nor will I stand by while others loudly do. Yes, anybody including rich people can do whatever they want with their money. That does not mean I have to ignore what they do and contribute of their wealth if they use their money to work against human rights. 

It's a noble idea, I agree, but it's not a practical one in reality. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Link said:

I half expected you to say this and I think it’s ridiculous, but have fun digging.

Al’s Under the L
Aldi
Best Buy
Chewy
CJ’s Chicken
Discogs
eBay
Mariano’s
McGuire-Western Lumber
Mile High Comics
Mox Multisport
Pete’s Fresh Market
Philly’s Best
Reckless Records
Space Oddities
Target
Three Star Food Market
Thriftbooks
Village Discount
Walgreens
Wax Trax! Records

For reference, your claim is

No Walmart in 17 years. No Amazon in 6 and only from independent sellers in 3 years prior to that. No Whole Foods in 1½ years.

No big fast food chains especially McDonalds which tastes horrible. (I like Wendy’s and Steak n Shake, but it’s been at least two years since I’ve gone to either  — the former because one had just opened in my neighborhood and the latter to meet up with an old friend.)

I don’t have a car so no gasoline. 

What else do you need to know. brotato chip 🙄?

didn't have to look far at all. Looks like no more shopping at Aldi's brotato chip unless you want to support worker abuse and the cartel. https://www.mashed.com/154042/huge-scandals-that-completely-rocked-aldi/

Best buy discriminates. 2/2 so far. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bestbuy-bias-lawsuit/best-buy-settles-class-action-bias-lawsuit-idUSTRE75G64M20110617

Chewy.com was sold to PetSmart in 2017. PetSmart is cruel to animals. No more buying from chewy unless you support animal cruelty. 3/3 https://www.peta.org/blog/reasons-not-to-shop-at-petsmart-sellout-chewy-com/

I'll check out the other ones when I have more time. You're hilarious man. 

Edited by Rhino
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Link said:

Right on

*contribute to their wealth

I mean, if you're typing this on a smartphone or a mobile computer of any kind then you're contributing to the various human abuses involved in mining cobalt for battery production. Not to mention the environmental degradation and pollution caused by both making and disposing of such items... Well, the waste of just living in general, all the plastic and burned oil and gas to give you the lifestyle and all the products to which you are accustomed... 😞

Gotta face it, the Earth is a Petri dish, and we're the microbes. We will consume all the delicious agar jelly and poop all over ourselves until we're gone, just like in 8th grade science class! 😅

• Like 3

Anyone who belittles or tries to make it seem like one person's choice to not spend their money with a company that has poor morals or ethics is part of the problem.

This is not a point to make to belittle someone into believing the way you do. You will not change people's minds with your thinly veiled sarcasm and better than others attitude.

Keep looking for a fight and that little pang of excitement you get from each post attempting to insult people's ethical choices. 

• Like 1