IGNORED

WTTF: Some GB Games

RH

5 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Shaq Fu for $125?!  Dang!  I'd say be patient and wait for one to pop up on ebay for less than half that.  Or buy one, then when one better comes along, buy that one then sell the other.  Don't spike the price 😛

There aren’t many of them and I’m wanting to finish strong with one in perfect shape. They do pop up on the Bay or other places but not in the condition I prefer.  Plus, I’m ready to be done, so I’m overpaying.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, guitarzombie said:

Shaq Fu for $125?!  Dang!  I'd say be patient and wait for one to pop up on ebay for less than half that.  Or buy one, then when one better comes along, buy that one then sell the other.  Don't spike the price 😛

I guess long gone are the days of people making videos of dumping the game, wholesale, into urinals...

41 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I guess long gone are the days of people making videos of dumping the game, wholesale, into urinals...

That's just it.  They dumped them all into urinals and now there are none left!

Lol, well, as I mentioned, I've found a few copies out there over the past 6 months, but they are all pretty poor quality. I'm not sure if it's still there, but for a while there was one on eBay with ugly label ware.  I'd love to pick this up for a reasonable $50 or less in "very good" shape, but I'm trying to motivate you guys.  $125 is way to high, IMHO, but as I said, this is the last, really rare title I need and I'm ready to be done.  If someone has one in great shape, and is willing to part with it, I'm willing to give them a "gift" of giving me one of my last titles on the list.

And, technically speaking, this is the last title I need.  I have a copy of Prehistorik Man but the label is damaged.  If I get Shaq-Fu, I will be done and from there it's just conditional upgrades.  I guess I can live with one crappy cart in my lot, and just wait however long it takes to get a good condition copy of Prehistorik Man, even if it takes 1-2 years.

2 hours ago, RH said:

That's just it.  They dumped them all into urinals and now there are none left!

Lol, well, as I mentioned, I've found a few copies out there over the past 6 months, but they are all pretty poor quality. I'm not sure if it's still there, but for a while there was one on eBay with ugly label ware.  I'd love to pick this up for a reasonable $50 or less in "very good" shape, but I'm trying to motivate you guys.  $125 is way to high, IMHO, but as I said, this is the last, really rare title I need and I'm ready to be done.  If someone has one in great shape, and is willing to part with it, I'm willing to give them a "gift" of giving me one of my last titles on the list.

And, technically speaking, this is the last title I need.  I have a copy of Prehistorik Man but the label is damaged.  If I get Shaq-Fu, I will be done and from there it's just conditional upgrades.  I guess I can live with one crappy cart in my lot, and just wait however long it takes to get a good condition copy of Prehistorik Man, even if it takes 1-2 years.

I recommend my suggestion.  I did it with Zombie Nation.  I got it for like $150 but it wasn't in great shape.  Then I ended up getting one in very good shape for $250.  Put my inferior copy up for $250 OBO and someone took it without an offer.  Can't hurt and you should know in this game patience is a virtue :).  Almost wants to sell my copy haha.  I think I had two, one had a small nick in it.

41 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I recommend my suggestion.  I did it with Zombie Nation.  I got it for like $150 but it wasn't in great shape.  Then I ended up getting one in very good shape for $250.  Put my inferior copy up for $250 OBO and someone took it without an offer.  Can't hurt and you should know in this game patience is a virtue :).  Almost wants to sell my copy haha.  I think I had two, one had a small nick in it.

My pay amount does scale with condition, and more than just 10% for what is in the worst case I'd prefer.  If you have two copies, feel free to PM me photos of your second copy with the nick.  If it's mostly unnoticeable, I might be interested but not at $125.  That really is my high-end, "perfect" condition price. As in, it looks like it was just pulled out of the box and there's no label lifting and it's properly centered.

2 hours ago, RH said:

My pay amount does scale with condition, and more than just 10% for what is in the worst case I'd prefer.  If you have two copies, feel free to PM me photos of your second copy with the nick.  If it's mostly unnoticeable, I might be interested but not at $125.  That really is my high-end, "perfect" condition price. As in, it looks like it was just pulled out of the box and there's no label lifting and it's properly centered.

Oh I dont have it sorry.  I sold it a while ago.  I meant almost tempted to sell my own personal copy :\.  I haven't seen it in a while.  I know its pretty good but prob not as good as you're mentioning.  Good luck and I hope you heed my advice :P.

5 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The last Prehistorik Man sold sealed for $75 and my man can't get a cart for $25. The uncommon game life can be cruel to us cart only guys.

Man, that's so true.  Not only that, in that BIG lot I had bought with almost 200 games in it and almost every single one in near-perfect shape, there was a Prehistorik Man right on top!  I was ecstatic... only to see it was an EUR variant.  UUuuuuuggggghhhhh!

5 minutes ago, RH said:

Man, that's so true.  Not only that, in that BIG lot I had bought with almost 200 games in it and almost every single one in near-perfect shape, there was a Prehistorik Man right on top!  I was ecstatic... only to see it was an EUR variant.  UUuuuuuggggghhhhh!

I bought a Sneaky Snakes cart for the contest, but I wasn't paying attention and bought the UKV version.  I'm not even a serious GB collector, but it bugs the heck out of me so I'm only the lookout for a US version to replace it.  😄

I would personally get a sealed Prehistorik Man if it was only 3x the price a cart. The cheapest now is 4x, which I'd probably swing for too, especially for Game Boy where the boxes aren't exactly plentiful anyway. My biggest jump with GB was I had to buy a CIB Titus the Fox (for like... 25x the cart price at the time?) because the American CART didn't show up AT ALL. Of course now the market sussed out how rare it is and you can get it for like $30 no problem because of awareness, arghh.

Screw Titus games.

6 minutes ago, arnpoly said:

I bought a Sneaky Snakes cart for the contest, but I wasn't paying attention and bought the UKV version.  I'm not even a serious GB collector, but it bugs the heck out of me so I'm only the lookout for a US version to replace it.  😄

Send me a PM, I probably have one, if not two, FS.

5 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I would personally get a sealed Prehistorik Man if it was only 3x the price a cart. The cheapest now is 4x, which I'd probably swing for too, especially for Game Boy where the boxes aren't exactly plentiful anyway. My biggest jump with GB was I had to buy a CIB Titus the Fox (for like... 25x the cart price at the time?) because the American CART didn't show up AT ALL. Of course now the market sussed out how rare it is and you can get it for like $30 no problem because of awareness, arghh.

Screw Titus games.

Yeah, I think I either got that one right before a spike in price, or I lucked out right as it was peaking and got it in an early lot. I can't remember who, but early on someone at Nintendo Age went to a local pawn shop and helped me get 20-30 games.  In that lot were some rares, some of which might be going for $40-50 today.  I think the most I paid for any cart in the lot was $8?

Editorials Team · Posted

I admit that $125 tag made me go look at my copy, lol. Well, it's... pretty good, the label has some shallow grooves if you look at it right, the plastic isn't perfect minty grey, and there are light scratches on the back. So even if we cut a deal, I imagine you'd be slightly disappointed to finish your collection with it. But I hope you find a nice one soon!

24 minutes ago, Splain said:

I admit that $125 tag made me go look at my copy, lol. Well, it's... pretty good, the label has some shallow grooves if you look at it right, the plastic isn't perfect minty grey, and there are light scratches on the back. So even if we cut a deal, I imagine you'd be slightly disappointed to finish your collection with it. But I hope you find a nice one soon!

Lol, I wouldn't take that from you coz I know we both started our GB sets at the same time. It might be in a condition I'd be fine with, but since it's not mint, it wouldn't be for $125.

However, I may try to pry that Rated E Super Mario Land from your hand, once I finish the master set. Hahaha.

6 hours ago, arnpoly said:

I think I remember seeing that cart when I was looking for the contest. Luckily for me, I noticed that it was the UKV. 

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

I'm bumping this to say that my wants are going a bit on hiatus.  I just purchased a lower quality copy of Shaq Fu.  I'll more casually look for an upgrade.  And if you're curious, I paid $50 (from Amazon) and it was the last one anyone had for sale.

Congrats! I actually saw that one there, but with no picture and the description they gave, I didn't think you'd be interested.

Awesome that you finished it. I'd recommend doing a quick once-over of your whole set, to make sure that Shaq Fu is the only one missing. I only say that because I ended up missing a random game when I thought I had grabbed the last one. 😅

What's next, Game Gear? (And GB variants, of course.)

9 minutes ago, Splain said:

Congrats! I actually saw that one there, but with no picture and the description they gave, I didn't think you'd be interested.

Awesome that you finished it. I'd recommend doing a quick once-over of your whole set, to make sure that Shaq Fu is the only one missing. I only say that because I ended up missing a random game when I thought I had grabbed the last one. 😅

What's next, Game Gear? (And GB variants, of course.)

Yes, that's my plan.  It's a bit of family, inside baseball, but my collection has been in my office, which is on the back side of our neighborhood, in my wife's grandfathers house. He's been in assisted living for the past 4 years and he's ready to sell everything.

The good news is, we're getting the house at a really good price, but the bad news is I'm working in (and holding all of my collection) in a house that's about to have an estate sale.  Soooo, all of my stuff has been boxed up more than it has been, it's now stacked up in his former bedroom closet, and we're literally going to have to barricade the door so that people don't snoop around with my games and office equipment during the sale.

Yeah, I get that's a lot of details, but the point I'm driving at is that my GB stuff is spread across 4 shallow boxes and are buried.  When I can get to them, I'm planning on doing one final, serious inventory.  What's next is GB variants and Game Gear.  I'm planning to let my conditional requirements slide a bit with Game Gear.  I also have an itch for the N64 set. Initially when I decided to try for a full set, it was narrowed down to either the GB or the N64.  At that time, I wanted something slightly more challenging that that but, now I think the N64 set is right in my comfort range.