• Romancing Saga 2 remake
  • Metroid Prime 4

Really good list, love it

On 6/18/2024 at 10:05 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Summer Direct is live.  Games so far:

• Dragon Quest III Remake
  • Dragon Quest I & II Remake
  • Darkest Dungeon II

These three! I haven't played Dragon Quest II in... well, decades (cue getting older memes 🥲

I remember that was for a long a favorite of mine. I'm sure by today's standards it shows it's age, but looking forward to the remakes, I think they're a long time coming! And I have to play Darkest Dungeon II -- I'm hoping it will be as good as the first. Reviews are mixed, with some people saying it needs some updates (hopefully they're doing that) while others think it's not nearly as good as the first. Will give it a shot for sure, and to be fair, DD I was not perfect either (Crimson Court = junk mechanics)!

On 6/20/2024 at 1:21 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Ooh, that's snazzyimage.png.b4c39914cad8845128201b08771ebce6.png

I need this explained to me. This is the same as Dragon Warrior III in the USA right? I finished that game and it was just a primitive Dragon Warrior game but when I saw the preview of this release, it was like a Octopath Traveler aesthetic, did they completely remake it and just use the same story? I don't understand how this relates to the NES / Famicom game.

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I need this explained to me. This is the same as Dragon Warrior III in the USA right? I finished that game and it was just a primitive Dragon Warrior game but when I saw the preview of this release, it was like a Octopath Traveler aesthetic, did they completely remake it and just use the same story? I don't understand how this relates to the NES / Famicom game.

It's a remake of Dragon Quest/Warrior III, built in the Octopath engine

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Oh wow, that's cool. Such a great idea, too bad I played the first three on the NES already.

Why? why would that be bad? I think it would be great! You got to experience the games as they were originally envisioned, and now you can experience the remake. Seems like a win-win situation to me 🙂

I kind of wish remakes included the original. It's fun to play both and compare them. I remember a Monkey Island game where you could switch back and forth between old and new graphics. Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP included Rondo of Blood along with a remake of it. I came to appreciate both versions of it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Why? why would that be bad? I think it would be great! You got to experience the games as they were originally envisioned, and now you can experience the remake. Seems like a win-win situation to me 🙂

I have 30 other games I need to get to, I don't have time to play it again.

I'll probably just buy it and complain I can't play it.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
18 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I have 30 other games I need to get to, I don't have time to play it again.

I'll probably just buy it and complain I can't play it.

Only 30?  You're doing like...20x better than me 😄

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Only 30?  You're doing like...20x better than me 😄

Yeah if I only had 30 games on my backlog I'd just sit and get em done tbh. Be over in under a month.

I feel like it is Christmas in July today!

In the mail I got the following:

From Play Asia - Gerda; Spirit of the Island;  Encodya; Super Robot Wars 30th 

From LRG - Floppy Knights

From VGNY - Gylt (Collector's Edition)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m not usually one to talk about purchases but I hit up gamestops b2g1 sale today in my local store and had my first “score” Ive probably had in 7 or 8yrs that I can remember. Trine Series 1-3 has become surprisingly rare, as in none on ebay available, and I found it amongst the stack at Gamestop today. Best part is that it was my “free” game

IMG_0395.jpeg

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I’m not usually one to talk about purchases but I hit up gamestops b2g1 sale today in my local store and had my first “score” Ive probably had in 7 or 8yrs that I can remember. Trine Series 1-3 has become surprisingly rare, as in none on ebay available, and I found it amongst the stack at Gamestop today. Best part is that it was my “free” game

IMG_0395.jpeg

Nice! I have a copy too. It's rare because they were only ever sold in GameStop stores. 

Nice avatar by the way. 

Anyone else pre-order Chained Echoes? There's been a lot of issues over this thing getting sent to buyers. Here's the latest update:

https://firstpressgames.com/blogs/news/statement-regarding-the-ongoing-delay-situation-深刻な遅延理由の詳細の公式発表

I'm not too angry or stressed about, either I'll eventually get it or I'll get a refund. It's still unfortunate to see a situation like this though. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Astro Bot said:

Anyone else pre-order Chained Echoes? There's been a lot of issues over this thing getting sent to buyers. Here's the latest update:

https://firstpressgames.com/blogs/news/statement-regarding-the-ongoing-delay-situation-深刻な遅延理由の詳細の公式発表

I'm not too angry or stressed about, either I'll eventually get it or I'll get a refund. It's still unfortunate to see a situation like this though. 

You confident in getting a refund? Wasn’t that pre-order years ago now? There’s a lot of people who can’t get a response from the company to get a refund and I would think it’s outside the window on paypal/cc’s.

16 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You confident in getting a refund? Wasn’t that pre-order years ago now? There’s a lot of people who can’t get a response from the company to get a refund and I would think it’s outside the window on paypal/cc’s.

Well I personally ordered it sometime in December. I wasn't aware of all this controversary until after that.