IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Administrator · Posted

My pro controllers both have drift. 😞

Beyond that, still - not great feeling controllers overall. That said it's been a while since I even used them, I could be misremembering, but I recall not being able to find a good working Switch controller where the analogs especially were as good as or better than the Playstation equivalent. 

I'm used to pc gaming mouse and keyboard precision though, where each accessory costs a few hundred dollars. I might be spoiled by simply higher quality hardware. 

• Sad 1

The pixel remaster is also available directly from the Squeenix store. They have the PS4 and Switch versions in stock. Limit of 2 per household it looks like 🙂

Definitely beats importing it or paying crazy prices on eBay.

17 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

This one that you can pre order is different from the other US release since they are now calling it an anniversary collection and it has a different UPC, so unfortunately will probably drive up the costs of the original release. But good that people can get at least a US copy now. 

I disagree. I think it will bring the cost of the original down. The thing is, the first print was so limited that people were scrambling to find it so

1)they could play it (just a small fraction of people, but yeah some definitely want to play it 🙂

2)investment. so limited it will go up in price, and it sure did!

There's going to be many more copies on the market, it's just supply and demand. It will bring the price down. But you're right that the first print will always be the most sought-after. Assuming this second-print is limited (sounds like it) and they won't reprint it again, the first print will definitely, years down the road, be extra expensive. But hey, I'm just celebrating that they're releasing a second printing!

• Agree 1

So, I finally went out and bought a knock off wired pro controller.  holy shit after all these years the system is finally usable.  I never liked the handheld aspect and those joycons are possibly the shittiest controllers of any system.   The pro style seems fine comfort wise.  The 4 year old can use it.   I like it better than the PS4 controller with the big stupid pad in the middle and the start button I can never find.  Currently playing Eiyuden Chronicle 👍 

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Am I just being cranky or is $75 USD for the final fantasy pixel remaster quite excessive?

Retail price for the digital edition is $75, although currently it's on sale at the Nintendo store for $60. With that in mind, I think it's a fair price. That said, I'm with you, it is Squeenix taking advantage. On the other hand, since people are willing to pay the price that's what it is!

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/final-fantasy-i-vi-bundle-switch/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Am I just being cranky or is $75 USD for the final fantasy pixel remaster quite excessive?

Yes/no - while those games have all been (as far as I know) released on various formats they would likely cost more  used.  And they are pretty much A-list titles.

Just depends on how one views it.

• Like 1

That 100CAD ($75~ USD) price still is too much for me to bother on the FF Pixel Remasters, it's just too much for what you get.  I've got them in my iphone from a point they did a rare sale that got it for a good bit less than that $75.  Iphone isn't Ideal but it works, can cast to whatever I have without lag, and I can use a gamepad if I cared as well not that it's needed with a turn based JRPG but still, nice as a choice.  Switch is great and all, but that has more freedom of use.

Edited by Tanooki

I’m sure I’ve missed it, but is there a list/tracker showing releases and what is actually on the cart? For example, some US versions may only include small portions on the cart but the Japanese version may include everything on the cart with English language options. 

As an example, if I wanted to look to see if some of the collections released like the Metal Gear Solid Collection includes everything on the cart in any region, is there a place to review that will tell me what is on each regions cart release?

52 minutes ago, DeuceGamer said:

I’m sure I’ve missed it, but is there a list/tracker showing releases and what is actually on the cart? For example, some US versions may only include small portions on the cart but the Japanese version may include everything on the cart with English language options. 

As an example, if I wanted to look to see if some of the collections released like the Metal Gear Solid Collection includes everything on the cart in any region, is there a place to review that will tell me what is on each regions cart release?

Maybe ?

https://www.doesitplay.org

On 8/11/2024 at 8:56 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Seems close, but not quiet. I have a feeling there really isn’t a complete database that tracks all released across all regions including the different revisions released.

Another example would be the release of Mario Kart 8 + Booster Pack. The NA ESRB release includes a code for the DLC and JP apparently has one revision that has everything on cart but the last set of courses released and a later revision that includes all booster courses. If I didn’t already know that, being able to search before making a purchase and knowing to get the JP revision with everything on cart would be nice.

5 hours ago, DeuceGamer said:

Seems close, but not quiet. I have a feeling there really isn’t a complete database that tracks all released across all regions including the different revisions released.

Another example would be the release of Mario Kart 8 + Booster Pack. The NA ESRB release includes a code for the DLC and JP apparently has one revision that has everything on cart but the last set of courses released and a later revision that includes all booster courses. If I didn’t already know that, being able to search before making a purchase and knowing to get the JP revision with everything on cart would be nice.

No such database exists. Even if you combined all this list around that different groups are keeping nothing would be comprehensive. 

So late to the game, but curious.  I have Pokemon Scarlet, and I've noticed even only getting to the first (outdoor style kiosko) pokemart/care center combo the world is utterly vast.  Can you really go off the rails and walk a big bit of the area as long as you don't go too deep into the weeds and get whacked?  I take it the game still has those annoying badge locks so it would be a problem going way out as well if you end up having moody pokemon too?

Is there a good approach if you don't want to catch 'em all but want to try and enjoy the story casually?

They're a legit business, and it seems like they want to undercut scalpers online by setting an inciting price they can still make a little something from it.  As stingy as SquareEnix is in doing discounts, that's probably as heavy a one you'll see on that collection for awhile if you're cool having it on Switch vs some mobile format already on you all the time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, avatar! said:

I can only assume the recent re-release has scared a few sellers/scalpers 🥲

unnamed.jpg

Pre-order on Amazon, Best buy, etc. too w the ESRB LOGO

Anyone planning on getting the Mario kart with dlc on cart?

https://nintendosoup.com/mario-kart-8-deluxe-dlc-physical-edition-packaging-updated-to-show-dlc-on-card/

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Pre-order on Amazon, Best buy, etc. too w the ESRB LOGO

Anyone planning on getting the Mario kart with dlc on cart?

https://nintendosoup.com/mario-kart-8-deluxe-dlc-physical-edition-packaging-updated-to-show-dlc-on-card/

Now hold up, what is this? Is this a "Nintendo Soup" exclusive? What even is that place and how did they get an exclusive first-party release?

I'm confused but.. I want it.

If I didn't have a cheapo copy of MK8D that I came across early this year I'd grab that.  Never was a big fan, but having all that content on the card is huge.

And if it weren't for it being on my mobile I'd be all over that $50 FF package as well on Switch as that's really a stunning little deal there.  I think in the end I paid maybe that or +5 with the discounts Square ran like once a year for their stuff when I grabbed it for my phone.  I got it on there vs steam because of convenience factor of it just being on me at all times which has allowed me moments to crack away at one of those games or another for an hour or something when I can.

@RH from what I understand, it's actually a legit print of the game. Play Asia has the other releases. This one is an ESRB rating with the world cart? Or something. I was relying on a reddit thread and getting any substantial information out of them is like blood from a stone. 

@Tanooki I'm tempted to sell my regular cart and just go with this edition and call it a day. People are still putting up $35 locally for Mario kart 8 CIB. I really wish it was a couple $$ cheaper to justify the upgrade. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Agree 1

So, just so I'm clear, is Nintendo Soup exclusively selling this, or should it pop up on any Nintendo Shop for sale? I ask because, again... it seems odd that some random online store would some how work out the rights and ability to print copies of a Nintendo, First Party Title exclusively with DLC?!

Has anything else like this happened? ...Like A Breath of the Wild with DLC release?!

• Like 1