IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

13 minutes ago, Naked Warrior said:

I was torn between putting this in the "seller silliness" thread or this one, but I realized the seller is a genius...he spends $.25 on a jewel case, $.10 on a blank disc, and $.15 in printer ink/paper and people just throw their money at it.  It's one thing to shell out $5 for a repro/bootleg because you don't feel like doing it yourself, but $25?  You could buy an authentic disc for that much and actually have something that might hold value...plus don't these Dreamcast repros only work on early model Dreamcasts?  This listing makes me throw up in my mouth a little...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324677871531

It's so high quality! Think of the craftsmanship that went into burning that CD.

1 hour ago, Naked Warrior said:

I was torn between putting this in the "seller silliness" thread or this one, but I realized the seller is a genius...he spends $.25 on a jewel case, $.10 on a blank disc, and $.15 in printer ink/paper and people just throw their money at it.  It's one thing to shell out $5 for a repro/bootleg because you don't feel like doing it yourself, but $25?  You could buy an authentic disc for that much and actually have something that might hold value...plus don't these Dreamcast repros only work on early model Dreamcasts?  This listing makes me throw up in my mouth a little...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324677871531

OMG! Like-new condition! 

That’s like a homebrew WATA 9.4! (with missing manual)

• Like 1

Another raw Nes sealed Mickey Mousecapade selling for big dollars $3,279. I never dreamed the day would come when this game would sell for over $3,000 (another raw copy sold for almost $4,000 in late April). it makes me wonder how much a high graded one would fetch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224496790128?epid=5859&hash=item34450d2a70%3Ag%3AeHYAAOSwcP5gxpzZ&nma=true&si=mdOX%2BnMVPOWLIXF1d8vkNA2fV34%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• 2 weeks later...

I did notice that right after the Zelda on Heritage broke the record yesterday, the VGA 85 water damaged Zelda sold for a mere $25,000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174748443948?epid=5733&hash=item28afd1a52c%3Ag%3AtbEAAOSwXmpeuptq&nma=true&si=mdOX%2BnMVPOWLIXF1d8vkNA2fV34%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

7 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

I did notice that right after the Zelda on Heritage broke the record yesterday, the VGA 85 water damaged Zelda sold for a mere $25,000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174748443948?epid=5733&hash=item28afd1a52c%3Ag%3AtbEAAOSwXmpeuptq&nma=true&si=mdOX%2BnMVPOWLIXF1d8vkNA2fV34%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That one is REV-A tho

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Screenshot-from-2021-07-10-16-36-39.png

Fancy this being “worth” more than a house. And fancy this being nowhere near the best condition out there. Man, I would love to know who pays up on something like his. I would legit be willing to cough up a $100 just to know the name and face of the buyer!

4 minutes ago, GPX said:

Fancy this being “worth” more than a house. And fancy this being nowhere near the best condition out there. Man, I would love to know who pays up on something like his. I would legit be willing to cough up a $100 just to know the name and face of the buyer!

Investors are now looking at these video games much like people looked at Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27 - people with lots of money are trying to invest "early(ish)" with the notion that these will just continue to appreciate in value over the years.

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Investors are now looking at these video games much like people looked at Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27 - people with lots of money are trying to invest "early(ish)" with the notion that these will just continue to appreciate in value over the years.

I don’t doubt things will climb up in value for certain games/condition. The issue I find it laughable is the rate that it’s climbed up. It’s roughly 100 times the going rate compared with 2 years ago. 

- selller end: 10,000% profit!

- buyer end: umm...smart investing?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GPX said:

I don’t doubt things will climb up in value for certain games/condition. The issue I find it laughable is the rate that it’s climbed up. It’s roughly 100 times the going rate compared with 2 years ago. 

- selller end: 10,000% profit!

- buyer end: umm...smart investing?

Yeah, it's really crazy. Makes you wonder if prices will drop off... and who knows? Impossible to tell. Still, I imagine anyone that is purchasing a video game for close to $1million can afford the risk.

We could hope they do, it would be a well taught hard lesson. Even if they're still sky high, maybe future Zelda's like that same grade or higher only break 1/2 that price, serves that dude right trying to raise the bar like some laughably smart investor.

On 7/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, avatar! said:

Here's the thing, I think it's just turtles investors all the way down. It'll never depreciate, because the next investor in line wants to protect his investment, so he'll pay more than the first buyer did, to demonstrate it's appreciation. That'll justify the next person paying more. A this point, these aren't even video games, imo, they're just vehicles for rich people to hold money.

• Like 5

Administrator · Posted
20 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

That's not Mario! 

1 hour ago, DarkKobold said:

Whatever happened to the guy with the secret collection of 6 Sealed Stadium Events? What are the chances he has a box of these that have never been opened?

With these insane prices, I have to wonder how can WATA or someone know when it's authentic and when it's a bootleg? Now, I realize many bootlegs are of poor quality, but if a M64 game sells for over a million dollars, I can absolutely see someone producing a very very high-quality bootleg - so how could you really tell without opening up the game??