IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

14 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It's a shame no one cares about objectively what happens. I would wager that +90% of people DO NOT watch the entire press conferences of these types of often misquoted statements.

People cant be bothered to sit and listen to someone they don't like say something they don't agree with. But for me, that's part of being an informed citizen. You need primary sources. Quotes from the source and digested in the context. 

Few people want to do that, especially the far left.

You guys can interpret Trump's stupidity and racism any way you want. It's easy to show that you are wrong though.

White Supremacists are interpretting Donald Trump's messages as support for them and that is the proof he is supporting racism. 

• Like 1

Yet another shooting with Boogaloo bois. I don't necessarily trust law enforcements presentations but whatever happened the end result was one shot FBI member and a dead Bugaboo. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkyj4n/the-boogaloo-bois-are-turning-a-man-killed-in-an-fbi-shootout-into-their-new-martyr

2 hours ago, Californication said:
16 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It's a shame no one cares about objectively what happens. I would wager that +90% of people DO NOT watch the entire press conferences of these types of often misquoted statements.

People cant be bothered to sit and listen to someone they don't like say something they don't agree with. But for me, that's part of being an informed citizen. You need primary sources. Quotes from the source and digested in the context. 

Few people want to do that, especially the far left.

Expand  Expand  

You guys can interpret Trump's stupidity and racism any way you want. It's easy to show that you are wrong though.

White Supremacists are interpretting Donald Trump's messages as support for them and that is the proof he is supporting racism.

Trump denounces White Supremacists many, many times over the years, including stating that he doesn't want their votes and/or affiliation. Yet, White Supremacists somehow take that as Trump supporting them? And that's Trump's fault? If that's the case, there's literally nothing Trump could ever say that would separate him from White Supremacists in your mind (or theirs).

Comical logic. 

17 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Trump denounces White Supremacists many, many times over the years, including stating that he doesn't want their votes and/or affiliation. Yet, White Supremacists somehow take that as Trump supporting them? And that's Trump's fault? If that's the case, there's literally nothing Trump could ever say that would separate him from White Supremacists in your mind (or theirs).

Comical logic. 

White Supremacists have said that they understand Trump must say certain things because he is the president and because of his public image etc. 

If Trump really had an issue with Republican Terrorists, after the #ProudBoys came up with their "Stand Back and Stand By," T-shirts etc., he would disavow them and then actually do something like have the DOJ announce something like they are going to start putting resources into going after White Nationalists. 

These racists know that month after month, year after year, when reporters ask Trump about White Supremacy he says, something...something...Antifa; these racists know that Trump's global immigration policies are racist, and that is before Trump says things like:

"Send her Back where she came from" to a senator that moved here when they were a child, or

Mexicans "are rapists and murderers,"

He told his followers to "Liberate Michigan" (where white supremacists planned to kidnap the governor)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Hill said:

Yet, White Supremacists somehow take that as Trump supporting them? And that's Trump's fault? If that's the case, there's literally nothing Trump could ever say that would separate him from White Supremacists in your mind (or theirs).

This is the age where you're somehow responsible for how your statements are interpreted. It's political correctness on steroids. Somehow the speaker is responsible for conspiracy theorist taking what they said and inferring hidden meaning. 

Like, honest to goodness bat shit crazy people can think the president is speaking in code to them and they're not held accountable for being insane but instead it's the president's fault? 

Am I'm the first one to admit that he sucks at speaking. His communication skills are very poor while he does a great job at branding (sleepy joe, crooked Hillary, low energy Jeb, etc). But to have poor communication skills and then be labeled an enabler of actually, clinically insane individuals is a STRETCH.

7 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I'm the first one to admit that he sucks at speaking. His communication skills are very poor

You answered your own question. He should leave little/no room for misinterpretation. Instead he speaks/tweets like a fucking jackass all the time because he literally doesn't give a shit.

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

You answered your own question. He should leave little/no room for misinterpretation. Instead he speaks/tweets like a fucking jackass all the time because he literally doesn't give a shit.

He should have but he doesn't. Its like expecting a fish to climb a tree.  

"Trump is not your friend, dude. It amazes me that people actually, like, believe that when he's shown over and over and over again that he's a tyrant."

Press 1 if you think is was from an ANTIFA leader.

Press 2 if you think it was from a Right Wing Militia leader.

Spoiler

Spoiler: it was from the militia leader from the Michigan Governor abduction plot.

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

This is the age where you're somehow responsible for how your statements are interpreted. It's political correctness on steroids. Somehow the speaker is responsible for conspiracy theorist taking what they said and inferring hidden meaning. 

Like, honest to goodness bat shit crazy people can think the president is speaking in code to them and they're not held accountable for being insane but instead it's the president's fault? 

Am I'm the first one to admit that he sucks at speaking. His communication skills are very poor while he does a great job at branding (sleepy joe, crooked Hillary, low energy Jeb, etc). But to have poor communication skills and then be labeled an enabler of actually, clinically insane individuals is a STRETCH.

The only reason we are having this conversation is because the majority of Americans know he is racist and then there are 35-45% of people like yourself that twist your logic into circles to explain how the rest of us are wrong. 

Trump is polling terribly with every demographic except Uneducated White Men over 50, I wonder why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Californication said:

people like yourself that twist your logic into circles to explain how the rest of us are wrong

Like myself 😂😂 the left sacrifice their own if they're not as unreasonable as absolutely possible. It's not right or wrong buddy. This life, not hop scotch. There is no nuance allowed anymore. It's all or nothing. Either you agree Trump kisses Klan leaders on the cheek or you're a far right conspirator.

Oh wait..

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201009-202223.jpg.e68307b9249576e489b616c851285922.jpg

It's people like YOU who push moderate people away from the democratic party bc we aren't extreme enough apparently. Lighten up pal.

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

8 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Like myself 😂😂 the left sacrifice their own if they're not as unreasonable as absolutely possible. It's not right or wrong buddy. This life, not hop scotch. There is no nuance allowed anymore. It's all or nothing. Either you agree Trump kisses Klan leaders on the cheek or you're a far right conspirator.

Oh wait..

Reveal hidden contents

It's people like YOU who push moderate people away from the democratic party bc we aren't extreme enough apparently. Lighten up pal.

What a weird bunch of things to say. 

What makes me extreme for saying Trunp supports white supremacists?

Why do you keep calling yourself a moderate? 

Edited by Californication

8 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Oh wait..

Reveal hidden contents

So you have ran out of ways to defend Trumps support of white supremacists and you want to attack me?

I am sorry how explaining Trump is racist is pushing you away from the Democratic party. 

Why do you think you are a moderate?

All you people that are focusing on Trump being racist are being trolled so hard by our president right now. The more we talk about how racist he is, the less we talk about just how grossly incompetent he is at everything else.

Biden 2020! Not perfect, not even good, but certainly not incompetent.

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

All you people that are focusing on Trump being racist are being trolled so hard by our president right now. The more we talk about how racist he is, the less we talk about just how grossly incompetent he is at everything else.

Biden 2020! Not perfect, not even good, but certainly not incompetent.

Absolutely true, and more importantly, the more the left rails on his racism, the more entrenched the right becomes in a "we're not racist" counter-argument that rallies them together.

While it is certainly true that he says a lot of things that resonate with genuine racists, it really isn't a very productive line of attack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

All you people that are focusing on Trump being racist are being trolled so hard by our president right now.

If calling out racism is being trolled then I guess I'm being trolled.

7 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

The more we talk about how racist he is, the less we talk about just how grossly incompetent he is at everything else.

There's plenty of discussion going on about all the other dumb shit he does. It doesn't mean we have to stop calling him on his racist bullshit.

just some things that came across my feed today...

In 1991, Bush readily disavowed the Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke when he ran for higher office and dismissed him outright as a racist and a charlatan. By contrast, Donald Trump — who tested positive for Covid-19 two days after the debate — gave the Proud Boys, a far-right group known for violence, a "huge win" and a new organizing slogan and rallying cry: "stand back and stand by."

The Republican President who refused to condemn white supremacy hate groups at the Presidential Debate now attacks Michigan Govenor Whitner who was targeted for kidnapping by such hate groups.

Yes, he is incompetent in every conceivable way. Racism drives some of his actions. He has to be pushed very hard and repeatedly to denounce, disavow, etc. and then does so only half-heartedly. Claims he never heard of people (like the above-mentioned David Duke) with whom he has a well-documented history. I talked shit about Clinton four years ago but she is not on the ticket now. 

On other aspects, then... Why is it that we should be confirming a new Supreme Court justice now, when the polar opposite was true 4 ½ years ago? Tangent: In light of what happens when they are in charge, how did some Republicans claim Obama is the one who “made our country more divided than ever”?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reject-support-trump-campaign-strongly-215452598.html

With an endorsement like the Taliban, Trump has this in the bag!

O

He  his spokesperson strongly rejects it. So somebody knows how to make a statement. 🤔 what could the difference be between those terrorists and the 3%ers or Proud Boys? 

A1ECA17B-25D3-444A-82EE-89072B2C1C30.jpeg

Let me see...

DA69DC49-AF3C-464E-9501-2EF539C2F7CA.jpeg

Edited by Link