IGNORED

Cartoons: Help Me Build the Ultimate Collection

twiztor

This is a little known film with a very troubled history:

https://thethiefarchive.fandom.com/wiki/The_Thief_and_the_Cobbler

The best commercial release of this was probably the laserdisc one - widescreen and a pretty clean print,  Not terribly expensive if you know someone with a laserdisc player. 

A complete revamped version was made called the Thief and the Cobbler Recobbled - I don;'t think it had a commercial release though.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Green Lantern: The Animated Series

It's not traditional animation, but a top tier show that is worth watching all the way through. I feel like it is the most overlooked and underrated DC cartoon because people didn't like that it used CGI. They are missing out as this easily ranks up there with Batman: The Animated series or Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. 

spacer.png

Young Justice is excellent for the first two seasons, I haven't watched since they brought it back so I don't know if they kept up the quality, but the first two seasons were almost as good as Justice League/Justice League Unlimited

spacer.png

Primal's first season was great up until the absolutely awful last episode. (editing this after posting it, I meant the last episode of season 2. Everything before that is pretty good) 

spacer.png

l am a Generation 1 Transformers fan and was initially quite put off by what I saw with Beast Wars. Once I actually watched it though I found it to be a pretty good show. Much like G1 Transformers, it has a passionate fanbase of its own.

spacer.png

lf you don't like the Star Wars prequel movies, watch these as they manage to weave something excellent out of those movies

spacer.png

Tartakovsky's take on Clone Wars is great too

spacer.png

Edited by Astro Bot
  • Like 1

I'm too lazy to see if it was already mentioned, but I always enjoyed Clerks: The Animated Series.  It was only six episodes, but I thought it was well done for what it was.  I always thought it was hilarious that they did a "clip show" in the 2nd episode.  

• Like 2

@Astro Bot thanks for reviving my 3 year old thread for some recs! I appreciate it. 

i have to pass on Green Lantern and TF: Beast Wars because i just can't do CGI. But Young Justice is awesome, and Clone Wars (traditionaly animation series) is pretty good. Never heard of Primal, will add it to my list.

@TDIRunner i fucking love the Clerks cartoon. Great taste. To this day, any time i see a scene in a tv show or movie where people are walking up a building, Batman '66 style, i say "Why are we walking like this?"

• Like 2