IGNORED

Popular franchises you've never played

CMR

3 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Hell I'll play them too if it means you play some Castlevania, that's the one on your list that really got me 😆

The first CV game wouldn't be a bad place to start, but Super Castlevania 4 and/or Rondo of Blood would also be excellent places to start when it comes to the classic CV games, those are easily some of the best classic CV games, Rondo of Blood being my personal favorite. Then when it comes to the metroidvania CV games, you gotta start with Symphony of the Night of course (Which is a direct sequel to Rondo of Blood, so that gives you the perfect excuse to play that one 😛 )

Haha well looks like we all have some homework to do!! Metroid is on the switchs NES game bundle thing so I can play that there. And I actually do have one of the Castlevanias on DS from one of the trades I did. Dawn of sorrow iirc. So there you go, I will play those 2 and then try to find resident evil, and you guys play pikmin and Pokemon.

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Makar said:

Haha well looks like we all have some homework to do!! Metroid is on the switchs NES game bundle thing so I can play that there. And I actually do have one of the Castlevanias on DS from one of the trades I did. Dawn of sorrow iirc. So there you go, I will play those 2 and then try to find resident evil, and you guys play pikmin and Pokemon.

We have a deal!

Editorials Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Makar said:

Well, that Metroid kinda sucks.  You've been warned 😅

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Makar said:

So there you go, I will play those 2 and then try to find resident evil, and you guys play pikmin and Pokemon.

Again, Resident Evil 4.  Not Revelations, not Mercenaries, not 6.  4.

And I will warn you, I have already pre-judged Pokemon as being Baby's First SMT.

On the other hand, I consider myself someone who is always willing to change their mind, and I almost always think positively of any (good/acclaimed) game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Well, that Metroid kinda sucks.  You've been warned 😅

Lol thanks for the warning! I don't think I have any other Metroids and I really don't like emulators (my Mac sucks since it's 10 years old lol).

32 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Again, Resident Evil 4.  Not Revelations, not Mercenaries, not 6.  4.

And I will warn you, I have already pre-judged Pokemon as being Baby's First SMT.

On the other hand, I consider myself someone who is always willing to change their mind, and I almost always think positively of any (good/acclaimed) game.

Thanks for this too lol. It's good to clarify what is and isn't good in an established series. 

If you want a better monster game, dragon quest monsters joker is it. It's not dark with demons like SMT but it's not quite babyish like Pokemon either. I think monster kingdom jewel summoner on PSP is a more "adult" monster game like SMT in case you're interested in that one. Never played it myself so I can't say for sure how it is.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Wow - I knew I was out-of-touch regarding post-90s game franchises, but reading through this thread makes me think it would be easier to list off the ones I have played before. I've tried out most of the classics, though (with a few exceptions).

-CasualCart

• Like 1

.... It's actually surprisingly hard to think of any (that aren't just sports games)

Yakuza
Monster Hunter
Spyro
Ratchet & Clank
Oddworld
Dynasty Warriors
Broken Sword
Armored Core
Splatoon
Klonoa
Might & Magic (both series)
Need For Speed (and any other popular racing franchises really)
Battlefield
Mafia
Metro
Tony Hawk
Settlers

I really want to correct most of these, too.

Events Team · Posted
On 8/5/2020 at 12:26 PM, Makar said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Best gaming news all year!!!!

Figured I'd let you know that me and my friend Brett are going to play the Zelda Oracle games (He's gonna play Oracle of Ages, I'm gonna play Oracle of Seasons) and then after we complete those games, he's agreed to re-introduce me to Pokemon, as he's quite a big fan of the series, whereas I know very little about the franchise. And last time he tried to introduce me to the series a few years back, I encountered a softlock that prevented me from continuing, so hopefully everything will go well this time. I'll also get Pikmin 3 Deluxe as soon as I can. Better get to work on Castlevania soon! 😉

You said you had Dawn of Sorrow I believe, and that isn't a bad place to start I don't think. If you do end up liking it, I'd recommend playing Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia next, both also on DS and easily attainable, since you don't like emulators.

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Sumez said:

You drew the better one, but that's not how it works. You need to start up the second game with the code you get from finishing the first.

Trust me, it's worth it 🙂 

Oh yeah, I'm going to play both of the games eventually, I'm just starting with Seasons.

15 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Figured I'd let you know that me and my friend Brett are going to play the Zelda Oracle games (He's gonna play Oracle of Ages, I'm gonna play Oracle of Seasons) and then after we complete those games, he's agreed to re-introduce me to Pokemon, as he's quite a big fan of the series, whereas I know very little about the franchise. And last time he tried to introduce me to the series a few years back, I encountered a softlock that prevented me from continuing, so hopefully everything will go well this time. I'll also get Pikmin 3 Deluxe as soon as I can. Better get to work on Castlevania soon! 😉

You said you had Dawn of Sorrow I believe, and that isn't a bad place to start I don't think. If you do end up liking it, I'd recommend playing Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia next, both also on DS and easily attainable, since you don't like emulators.

Enjoy all those games man! I played Oracle of seasons again last year. Very solid Zelda game. Huh I've never heard of softlock in a Pokemon game. I do have dawn of sorrow. Definitely need to give that one a crack. But first up is Metroid! I have started playing that one! Not sure how far in I am but it's decent so far. I'm still getting used to all the backtracking and whatnot. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but I'll keep you and @Reed Rothchild updated.

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1