IGNORED

Displaying loose cartridge games

Syncoplay

Hey everybody!  I'm brand new to the forum, and typically I wouldn't be the guy who joins a forum just to promote his Kickstarter - but since admin invited me to do just that... here I am 😉

I've been collecting games for over 30 years, and the majority of them are loose carts.  Instead of creating Universal Game Cases or some other way of putting them in aftermarket boxes, I decided to create a display stand to show off the original label art - this was about three years ago, and ever since then more and more people have wanted to use them in their own game room.  Enough people that 3D printing stands in my basement is no longer a viable option...

... so I'm Kickstarting a factory run!  

Retro Game Stands from Syncoplay (Link)

I've attached a few pictures from my game room - I really like the way it looks, and I've been using them for three years now for games that I play regularly so I know it's easy to access and play all of my games as well.  Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have, and if you just want to see more about the stands or my game collection you can find it on my YouTube channel or on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing what you think 🙂

- Joe

GameRoom_Sonic_Sm.jpg

MarioWide.jpg

photostudio_1596819448826.jpg

N64Shot.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

These are interesting. If space in my game room wasn’t so valuable I’d buy a few to display my trophies. It’s not so much the way they would fit across but how they take up more vertical space, I’d have to space my shelves further apart. 

Neat product though, the best of luck to you!

2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

I’m with Bert.  I’d sure like something like this for my boxed games. I hate having those Big Beautiful Boxes and having them crammed on a shelf with just the side logo showing.

I do have tiered box stands on the way - here's a sneak peek 🙂

photostudio_1587923767557.jpg

Edited by Syncoplay
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Neat idea, if it wasn't on Kickstarter I would like some. That's too bad.

I do have my Etsy shop, and while stocks are low sometimes until I can get them into full manufacturing, I do still fulfill them as fast as possible 🙂

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SyncoplayRetroGaming

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Not quite. Kijiji you meet up with people to buy stuff. Etsy is an online marketplace with its own checkout system, and the primary source of items for sale is people who *make* things. 

That makes a lot of sense now. I had someone tell me a while ago they owned an Etsy store. I knew Etsy was some website so until now I thought they owned it. 

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

That makes a lot of sense now. I had someone tell me a while ago they owned an Etsy store. I knew Etsy was some website so until now I thought they owned it. 

Yeah, it's useful for people who make things as a hobby or a side business (and admittedly, some use it as their only livelihood.) A few repro and homebrewers use it.

A lot of bespoke (made to order) stuff is on there, too.

Edited by Tulpa