IGNORED

Metal Gear Solid 3 black label

ConsoleCollector88

There are like 20 copies on eBay ranging from $45-$150. Some have watchers while others just aren’t selling. Is there something I’m missing? I am looking to purchase, and other than condition they all appear the same. I just don’t want to spend $150 if I can get same for $50-$70. Any and all input appreciated. Thanks.

Looking at PriceCharting.com history, it looks like the frequent, high-end value is about $40.  I did not check condition.

Prices are all over the place, but I recommend adding an watched search for this game, and filter out non-auctions.  When someone posts one for auction starting at $10 or less, snipe it at the end.  You might get it for less than $20.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, RH said:

Looking at PriceCharting.com history, it looks like the frequent, high-end value is about $40.  I did not check condition.

Prices are all over the place, but I recommend adding an watched search for this game, and filter out non-auctions.  When someone posts one for auction starting at $10 or less, snipe it at the end.  You might get it for less than $20.

This. It's an incredibly common game, I'd not spend over $20 for it. Watch for auctions, ignore BIN's.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

Sort by: price lowest + shipping

Yeah; I am assuming though that OP wants decent condition.

Even so though, doing exactly that (here in Canada) and going down until I saw one in reasonable condition and not missing the manual, here's a decent enough find:

image.png

Not a perfect copy obvs, but $16 with free shipping is fine.

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Yeah; I am assuming though that OP wants decent condition.

Even so though, doing exactly that (here in Canada) and going down until I saw one in reasonable condition and not missing the manual, here's a decent enough find:

image.png

Not a perfect copy obvs, but $16 with free shipping is fine.

Watch out for the sprinkled in sponsored listings they mess me up sometimes

Don't forget there were multiple releases of that game.  The Subsistence version typically sells for a little more, but if you are just searching on MGS3, you are probably getting all versions in your search results.  There were a few other versions as well including a 3 pack of MGS1, 2 and 3, and sometimes those games get separated and sold individually.  The original release is extremely common and shouldn't be very expensive.  

Edited by TDIRunner

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

@ConsoleCollector88 any further info regarding quality etc. you're looking for would help us help you. But in general know that this is not an uncommon title.

Yeah I am looking for sealed VG/VG+ condition actually. I know that factors in price I was just curious as I found sealed ranging from $40-$150

I assume you mean sealed? Because this is a very cheap and common games CIB.

I am in the market for this game as well, and the issue is condition. Most of the games on ebay are not grade worthy, thus they are sitting there at the $40-$60 price range. For an excellent near mint/mint copy that could grade high is likely to be $100+,  maybe less if the person doesn't know what they have. This game has hovered around the $40-50 range for a year now, in that time i have yet to find a mint copy i deemed worthy of forking the money over for. Every one on ebay tends to have some form of scratching to varying degrees. 

Someone has a VGA 90 for sale for $2,000 in the sealed circle, overpriced IMO. Makes me wonder what my 85+ MGS2 is worth. 

This is my take on it though. 

Edited by Magus