IGNORED

Just got a Nintendo Switch. What do i do now????

JVOSS

5 hours ago, JVOSS said:

Games likes. that is simple.

gb hit for me.

Lego games
Puzzle quest(game name if you don't know)
RPG that are open play not set for goals... but not endless..
Pokemon Gold(just started playing)
Zelda seasons/ages

Otherss
Sort to med range on time.

dislikes
Mortal Combat types (too many damn buttons)
thing you have to type (I r not good speler)

Btw what is up with the switch pro controls having 27 buttons? 

what happend to only ab ore abxy and a d pad. 

You'll probably like Tetris 99. 

Others you might like are

Zelda links awakening remastered version

Zelda breath of the wild

Pokemon sword and shield

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

never played this system.  is it any good???

It is hated by many, and loved by few!  Mario 64 is good tho.  If you like platformers u can get 3 for the price of one with the 3d all stars that just came out!!!!

I for one love the n64, it is more of a multiplayer system tho.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

@JVOSS  N64 is the redheaded stepchild of the nintendo systems 😞  Even tho. imo the wii sucked worse.

If you like rpg's there are no real good ones on there that i am aware of besides quest 64, but wetrix is a decent puzzler, and i think bust a move is one on there.  Now, for party games, if you have family time, goldeneye, mario party, mario kart 64, starfox 64, perfect dark, mario party 2, 3, Mario tennis, Mario Golf.........the list really goes on......

But, some of these can be on the spensive side.  So choose wisely, but some other games can be cheaper for single player.  Buck Bumble for example is a really good single player game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted

I know i keep talking it up, but some other games on n64, if u like single player stuff:

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-64/star-wars-shadows-of-the-empire

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-64/star-wars-rogue-squadron

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-64/star-wars-battle-for-naboo

Sorry for flooding with n64 stuff, kuz the thread is about switch, but there ya go, some more good single player games 🙂 

If you want to check them out before you buy, just youtube some longplays of them.  They are really good tho. imo

https://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/download_import/hac-procontroller-diagram-front.pnghttps://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/download_import/hac-procontroller-diagram-back.png

https://docs.libretro.com/image/controller/nds.png

ok now so with a NDS you have the R and L buttons and the d pad, stick?? abxy and start and select.

but what is the left stick/right stick/ stick click/  rt/lt, rs/ls  what are all the damn buttons for i even have 3 on the bottom of the controller  it's like they needed to put something there just to f;;k with you..

Edited by JVOSS
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JVOSS said:

Games likes. that is simple.

gb hit for me.

Lego games
Puzzle quest(game name if you don't know)
RPG that are open play not set for goals... but not endless..
Pokemon Gold(just started playing)
Zelda seasons/ages

Otherss
Sort to med range on time.

dislikes
Mortal Combat types (too many damn buttons)
thing you have to type (I r not good speler)

Btw what is up with the switch pro controls having 27 buttons? 

what happend to only ab ore abxy and a d pad. 

Maybe this will help.  As far as setup goes, nothing really to set up other than getting your network picked up on wifi.  The Nintendo network is 100% optional and base is free for eshop use and game downloads, demos, etc.  You can buy a sub, it's just $20/yr and you get a lot of NES/SNES games free to play (offline too, if you check in like every 2 weeks.)  But more important, cloud support, saving your game progress in most games.

As far as games, you like open but not 100% open RPG stuff and liked handheld Zelda.  YOu'll want the port of GBC Zelda DX (Links Awakening then) but also BOTW (Breath of the Wild) which is an open world go at your own pace style game, it's not endless, but it's giving huge levels of latitude as you grow.

Lego games, plenty, go with a unique like title such as Lego City Undercover, the cute kids GTA.

Puzzle Quest isn't on there, but there are others, some I thikn some kind of similar mechanics, even a fairly free one called Pokemon Cafe I think is on there.

Pokemon Gold...well you can get Pokemon Sword/Shield, or GO Pikachu/Eevee which is a speedier cleaned up version of Yellow from GB/GBC.

And nothing happened to abxy and the dpad.  The Switch controller, pro controller included as they're all the same on buttons, they're just SNES controllers with a 2nd set of L/R buttons.  That's hardly confusing.

Finally...amiibo - plastic desk toy/trophy, DLC basically in most cases.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No problem and I have no idea what the hell PowerA is smoking with that.

Your standard oem Nintendo 'pro' controller is just the same buttons the 2 joycons have.  BAYX, L1/L2, R1/R2, - and + (think select and start) and then those 2 other oddball buttons, one to get the home menu up, the other to take a snap shot usually.  That's it.  I think the two sticks have a 3rd button click to them, but I haven't had a game that needed it so that's rare.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, JVOSS said:

Thanks for all the info.  looks like i have to catch up on 20+ years of gaming quickly.

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it, but it can definitely be daunting skipping ahead this many generations, especially since you just so happened to end up with probably the most complicated console of the current gen 😛

• Haha 1