IGNORED

Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary: Original NES game coming to Switch for the first time in English and a limited collector’s package coming to select retailers

6 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I know, I was shocked! Best Buy also has a limit, but for some reason it let me order multiple when it first dropped.

We’ll see if my BB orders get cancelled. I preordered 1 and then ordered two separate times this morning, tryin to help B.A. get one. One was for pickup and one for shipping. I will cancel them as soon as I get a second copy from my orders.

12 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

We’ll see if my BB orders get cancelled. I preordered 1 and then ordered two separate times this morning, tryin to help B.A. get one. One was for pickup and one for shipping. I will cancel them as soon as I get a second copy from my orders.

Yeah I was able to get pickup at two different stores close to me. If they let me get any extra beyond my own two copies, I'll get them to people here on VGS who missed out.

• Like 1

Just walked into Gamestop and asked did you guys get that new Fire emblem 30th anniversary game in? They frowned at me and were like nah we didn’t get it in. I was like well my brother just texted me that his copy came in today and he picked it up.

Then they were like oh yea we only got a few in for people that preordered it. So I was like yea I preordered it.

Then their frown turned into a smile and they were like oh yea we have your copy right here! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Latest F-U from Nintendo: the NES cart is made of a solid brick of acrylic. No opening this one up to put a rom chip into it:

image.thumb.jpg.5e3e93a1aacebb85baa1642cb68198c2.jpg

Ah... So to put a rom hack into it you quite literally need to hack a rom into the shell 😛

By the way is the sleeve smooth or textured?

Edited by bowser
  • Haha 1

Gamestop still hasn't shipped out my preorder.  Really disappointed that the replica game is a brick of plastic.  In the preview shot I thought it would just be a clear empty NES shell. Oh well.  Still cool that Nintendo acknowledge this game exists outside of Japan.  Time to get games that haven't been released in the West

From the one picture I saw of the physical cart art piece I figured it was going to look like that. I would have preferred a slightly less abstract object more resembling an actual NES cart, but I'll still be keeping it in my collection.

Looks like an award given out at my office job. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phart010 said:

image.thumb.jpg.08288d7a258939a75bf6f3b1b331696f.jpg

No H-seam. No sticker seal. No hangtab. One of a kind

image.thumb.jpg.6256157227ad811fa8c4adb8f2d9704c.jpg

Latest F-U from Nintendo: the NES cart is made of a solid brick of acrylic. No opening this one up to put a rom chip into it:

image.thumb.jpg.5e3e93a1aacebb85baa1642cb68198c2.jpg

Man idk about you but that looks awesome! I'm really hoping I can still somehow get the collectors edition. For now, digital will have to do. Only $6 and free for me so why the heck not.

19 hours ago, phart010 said:

The latest, but certainly not the last.

f33.jpg.24c6bb153a783d5bf64c8543723d5311.jpg

Well, I suppose someone truly dedicated person (too much time on their hands?) could potentially use some tools to hollow-out the acrylic and then put a rom chip into it. That, would be quite the undertaking... but it would be rather nice to return noted gesture to the big-N.

6 minutes ago, Makar said:

Finally found something to use my gold coins that I won from the Tetris 99 tournament on. Should be a good time going through the original fire emblem! Anyone else start playing?

I just started last night. So far I beat level 2.

this is the first fire emblem I’ve ever played actually 

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

The latest, but certainly not the last.

f33.jpg.24c6bb153a783d5bf64c8543723d5311.jpg

Well, I suppose someone truly dedicated person (too much time on their hands?) could potentially use some tools to hollow-out the acrylic and then put a rom chip into it. That, would be quite the undertaking... but it would be rather nice to return noted gesture to the big-N.

That would be a really cool project. Maybe someone with more time and tools than me can put up a tutorial on YouTube and I can copy them.

9 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Up at GameStop if anyone still needs it.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?condition=New

@Makar, if you can't get one, I should have an extra for you.

Thank you kind sir! I'm waiting til after my birthday to get it. I put it on my Christmas and birthday list so if I don't get it by the end of January, then I'll message you. 

• Like 1