IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

19 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

This isn't a gritch - my brother told me about a USPS service called "Informed Delivery" that will let you know what mail is arriving in the near future.  I just signed up so nothing is showing up just yet.  

https://www.usps.com/manage/informed-delivery.htm

It does work, it may take them a moment to get you in the system, but I can confirm it works.

23 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This isn't a gritch - my brother told me about a USPS service called "Informed Delivery" that will let you know what mail is arriving in the near future.  I just signed up so nothing is showing up just yet.  

https://www.usps.com/manage/informed-delivery.htm

I've been using this for over a year.  It works pretty well and is helpful when you are expecting something specific to come in.  They actually scan your mail, so you get a picture of what is coming.  

However, It only works well for regular mail.  It's a different story for packages.  You are told when packages are on the way, but it's usually difficult to tell where they are coming from unless you already know the tracking number.  You do NOT get a picture of the packages the way you do with regular mail.  

Edited by TDIRunner

On 9/6/2024 at 12:32 PM, TDIRunner said:

I've been using this for over a year.  It works pretty well and is helpful when you are expecting something specific to come in.  They actually scan your mail, so you get a picture of what is coming.  

However, It only works well for regular mail.  It's a different story for packages.  You are told when packages are on the way, but it's usually difficult to tell where they are coming from unless you already know the tracking number.  You do NOT get a picture of the packages the way you do with regular mail.  

USPS sent me a daily update this morning - it shows that I have 3 packages coming today and one Monday. No pictures but it does show where the package is coming from.  One is a third party shipper for video games so I don't know what that is. 

I got the packages - I noticed it did give me tracking numbers which means that I was able to see that they were delivered.

Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...

GameStop sure is doing everything in their power to make sure I stop coming back.

I still have a Pro membership.  With the Pro membership, you get $5 every month, but it must be used during that month and expires if you don't use it.  Originally, I was sold on my membership because if you had nothing you wanted to buy, you could at least use the $5 to get a gift card, and the gift cards don't expire.  I was using the $5 to get Roblox cards for my kinds.  About six months into my membership, they stopped accepting the monthly $5 on gift cards, so that was a disappointment.   Considering how rarely I buy from them now, most of my monthly $5 have been going to waste.  Yesterday, I went in to pre-order the new Zelda game since they are actually offering some kind of bonus for once.  I tell the cashier that I want to use my $5 on the pre-order, and I'm told that they changed the rules again and they no longer accept the $5 on pre-orders (I can confirm that I've done it in the past, so this is a new rule change).  I asked her what I could use the $5 on, and she said it had to be something physically in the store.  If you've been to a GS lately, you know that is basically nothing.  So my membership will basically go to waste until it expires.  I certainly won't renew it, but I look forward to seeing them try to sell me on it again after screwing me multiple times on the current membership.  

22 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

GameStop sure is doing everything in their power to make sure I stop coming back.

I still have a Pro membership.  With the Pro membership, you get $5 every month, but it must be used during that month and expires if you don't use it.  Originally, I was sold on my membership because if you had nothing you wanted to buy, you could at least use the $5 to get a gift card, and the gift cards don't expire.  I was using the $5 to get Roblox cards for my kinds.  About six months into my membership, they stopped accepting the monthly $5 on gift cards, so that was a disappointment.   Considering how rarely I buy from them now, most of my monthly $5 have been going to waste.  Yesterday, I went in to pre-order the new Zelda game since they are actually offering some kind of bonus for once.  I tell the cashier that I want to use my $5 on the pre-order, and I'm told that they changed the rules again and they no longer accept the $5 on pre-orders (I can confirm that I've done it in the past, so this is a new rule change).  I asked her what I could use the $5 on, and she said it had to be something physically in the store.  If you've been to a GS lately, you know that is basically nothing.  So my membership will basically go to waste until it expires.  I certainly won't renew it, but I look forward to seeing them try to sell me on it again after screwing me multiple times on the current membership.  

Of course you cant use it on preorders, they want you to have to use it on something someone already traded in since that is where they make their money! I mean did you even consider buying one of the thousands of Funko Pops they have! 🤣

I still have no clue how they are even in business or even breaking even on profit, like what do people even buy from there? The stores around me are always empty and there is basically nothing even in them anymore. It's all shit Funko Pops/Pokemon cards and the same games that have been sitting on the shelves for years. One of the stores near me is a "retro" location and the inventory was laughable. 

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Of course you cant use it on preorders, they want you to have to use it on something someone already traded in since that is where they make their money! I mean did you even consider buying one of the thousands of Funko Pops they have! 🤣

I still have no clue how they are even in business or even breaking even on profit, like what do people even buy from there? The stores around me are always empty and there is basically nothing even in them anymore. It's all shit Funko Pops/Pokemon cards and the same games that have been sitting on the shelves for years. One of the stores near me is a "retro" location and the inventory was laughable. 

I was a pretty big defender of GameStop during the early days of the PS4.  During that time, their inventories were huge, and I was able to get crazy good deals on PS3 stuff.  People would hate on GS, and I would always remind them that good deals were available if you looked.  But today, it's very hard to defend GameStop.  I only kept my Pro membership because at the time I renewed it, I was able to take advantage of the deals enough to justify the cost.  But since renewing it, they have changed the rules so many times, that it's almost completely useless now.  

Administrator · Posted
9 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm not renewing mine either, and I've had Pro for probably 20 years?   I'm in the same boat where I would use mine on a $5 gift card if I couldn't find anything.   At least I've been grabbing a clearance shirt for my kiddos.

I thought with preorders you couldn't use it until the game came in, and then you could apply your $5 at pickup? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'm not renewing mine either, and I've had Pro for probably 20 years?   I'm in the same boat where I would use mine on a $5 gift card if I couldn't find anything.   At least I've been grabbing a clearance shirt for my kiddos.

I thought with preorders you couldn't use it until the game came in, and then you could apply your $5 at pickup? 

Possibly.  I pre-ordered The Thousand Year Door and paid for up in full up front, and used my $5 towards that purchase back in July.  The wouldn't let me do the same thing with the Zelda pre-order yesterday.  Maybe if I just put $5 down for my Zelda pre-order, I might have been able to use my $5 when I picked it up, but I just assume pay for it in full and be done with it.  Regardless, the rules are different today then they were two months ago, and it's not the first change of rules in the past 12 months.  It's just annoying when you are sold on something that is supposed to last a year, and then they change it on your before it's over.  

I may still shop at GameStop from time to time if I can find a deal, but I certainly won't be a member any longer after next January.