IGNORED

Werewolf 5: Christmas Chaos Sign-ups Thread

Aristophanes

Day Phase Length  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Day Phase Length Preference?

• 3 IRL Days
    • 5 IRL Days

7 hours ago, RH said:

Dude, do what I did and join as a back up.  We can ban together as the "half ass" players where we all agree to only check in once a day for about 15 minutes and make decisions shooting from the hip, and completely, emotionally subjective!

I will absolutely accept hydras if you guys wanted to do that and it is within site rules!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I want 1-day phases, so I'm not the guy you wanna hear from.

Lol I'm in that boat as well as long as people are pretty active. The night phase I think could be shortened to a day since the wolves should have all of the day phase to figure out who they're going to kill.

• Like 1

@Aristophanes, might I suggest changing the thread name to have werewolf in it? I could see people not clicking thinking it's some random other thing about Christmas. 

I posted the link in the werewolf club thread. Honestly surprised there are still open slots since we just had 18 people in the last game, there are 49 people in that club, and some new comers already signed up.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Werewolf 5: Christmas Chaos Sign-ups Thread
11 minutes ago, Makar said:

@Aristophanes, might I suggest changing the thread name to have werewolf in it? I could see people not clicking thinking it's some random other thing about Christmas. 

Done! Thank you for the suggestion!

12 minutes ago, Makar said:

I posted the link in the werewolf club thread. Honestly surprised there are still open slots since we just had 18 people in the last game, there are 49 people in that club, and some new comers already signed up.

It's the holidays, I'm not surprised. I think we have the same number of signups as we have backups, I just haven't updated that section yet XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aristophanes said:

Done! Thank you for the suggestion!

It's the holidays, I'm not surprised. I think we have the same number of signups as we have backups, I just haven't updated that section yet XD

No problem! Yea that's true. The busyness just adds to the chaos lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Makar said:

When I saw the title, my first thought was, “World War 5? This should be interesting....” lol

• Haha 3

Events Team · Posted
54 minutes ago, Aristophanes said:

I have a proposition, which is to make day phases 5 irl days long as this is a holidays game. This makes it easier for people who may have a more hectic schedule. 

What are your thoughts on this?
I think I'll make a poll.

Personally, I think 5 IRL days is far too long (let alone the 2 week day phases you're apparently used to, that just seems absolutely ludicrous and unnecessarily long to me, hahaha.)

I've always felt that 3-4 IRL Days (depending on the amount of players) feels like the perfect balance of enough time to discuss, but enough of a looming time limit that there's still that slight sense of panic in the air. I think anyone who's gonna be too busy to contribute much to discussions will just sign up as a backup anyway (which a lot of people have already done 😛)

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Aristophanes said:

I will absolutely accept hydras if you guys wanted to do that and it is within site rules!

I feel like someone has explained this to me before, but remind me what a hydra is again? Haha, I always feel dumb asking WW-related questions.

30 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I feel like someone has explained this to me before, but remind me what a hydra is again? Haha, I always feel dumb asking WW-related questions.

A Hydra is two or more people using a single user account, and for all intents and purposes count as a single player in the game (hence the term "Hydra" as it is a single beast with 'many heads' so to speak).  We actually ran a game specifically like this on ScrewAttack, with 2 person hydra accounts. It was.... interesting lol.

Edited by SpoonMan Abrams X
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted

There was a game on here not too long ago that had longer-than-48-hour days, and it basically just turned into nobody saying anything until it got close to the voting deadline. I'd bet a 5-day (120-hour) day would be 100 hours of tumbleweeds and 20 hours of discussion.

I can't imagine a hydra game lol. Seems like there would be a lot of "Splain comes off as town, I trust him."

Very next post by same "person": "but I ALSO think he's very dodgy and my #1 suspect!!"

Like the intercom announcements arguing with themselves at the beginning of Airplane. Classic.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Splain said:

There was a game on here not too long ago that had longer-than-48-hour days, and it basically just turned into nobody saying anything until it got close to the voting deadline. I'd bet a 5-day (120-hour) day would be 100 hours of tumbleweeds and 20 hours of discussion.

The previous round (one I literally just ran) had 72+ hour day phases. Regardless of how long you make day phases by it's very nature phases in Werewolf will be bookended by activity at the very start or end with a lull in the middle. The thoughts behind making longer day phases is it gives people who might not normally have an opportunity to keep up ample time to participate, which generally is helps improve participation to a degree. Players who lurk will almost always lurk regardless if they have 24 hours or 168 (total hours in a full week lol) so it behooves the consideration, imho.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Splain said:

I can't imagine a hydra game lol. Seems like there would be a lot of "Splain comes off as town, I trust him."

Very next post by same "person": "but I ALSO think he's very dodgy and my #1 suspect!!"

Like the intercom announcements arguing with themselves at the beginning of Airplane. Classic.

Now you see where a lot of the entertainment in those rounds comes from, lol

• Haha 1

Triple post! I apologize not really lol

I voted 5 days as, I posited before, it would give everyone ample time to participate (especially in a somewhat smaller game like this), and should be much more approachable to those that may not have as much free time.

Though generally, and if there was going to be more players, I would say 3 days with the option to extend.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

A Hydra is two or more people using a single user account, and for all intents and purposes count as a single player in the game (hence the term "Hydra" as it is a single beast with 'many heads' so to speak).  We actually ran a game specifically like this on ScrewAttack, with 2 person hydra accounts. It was.... interesting lol.

Ah, I see. That sounds like it'd be a lot of fun, haha. I mean, this game is called Christmas Chaos, and that would be one way to up the chaos!

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

The previous round (one I literally just ran) had 72+ hour day phases. Regardless of how long you make day phases by it's very nature phases in Werewolf will be bookended by activity at the very start or end with a lull in the middle. The thoughts behind making longer day phases is it gives people who might not normally have an opportunity to keep up ample time to participate, which generally is helps improve participation to a degree. Players who lurk will almost always lurk regardless if they have 24 hours or 168 (total hours in a full week lol) so it behooves the consideration, imho.

oh did it? Heh, I feel dumb then. I guess I didn't notice since I wasn't playing. But yeah, that does make sense. As long as it isn't too annoying to people who want the game to keep moving. I'm one of those people who is always suspicious of quiet people too, so I'd have to try and let go of that.

• Like 2