IGNORED

Movie Debate #50: Home Alone

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.
  2. 2. January

• Arnold month
    • Spielberg month
    • Tom Cruise month
    • Coreys month

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I gave it a 6 because I’m high. Thought about it a little more and decided it should be like a 1. It’s a fucking John Hughes movie. It just doesn’t live up to  Hughes movies. 

Gloves don't listen to this man he's clearly gone insane!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

8/10. One of my favorite Christmas movies and I always enjoy rewatching it. I think the plot is actually pretty clever and there are some sentimental moments which actually feel earned. The slapstick is also top notch. Unfortunately, the sequel is worse in almost every way.

This post is dead on if you change the score to 10/10 and you change it to read that the sequel lives up quite nicely. 

@Jeevan, assuming christmas vacation is your #4, you have the correct 4 in there. But xmas vacation > xmas story. Thats just undeniable 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

This post is dead on if you change the score to 10/10 and you change it to read that the sequel lives up quite nicely. 

@Jeevan, assuming christmas vacation is your #4, you have the correct 4 in there. But xmas vacation > xmas story. Thats just undeniable 

Honestly, I am not fond of Christmas Vacation........... I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations good sir!  Please don't hate me 😞  You I actually care about liking me or not 😏.

Anyway, for some reason, I just can't get behind the comedy of Chevy Chase in that movie, not sue why.....My wife loves it and it would prolly be her number 1 for Christmas movies.  She even likes watching it when it is not Christmas 🤮

• Like 1

Happy 30th anniversary Home Alone!  It along with the second movie (the only ones that count) are among my me and my wife's favorite Christmas movies 🙂  Boy talk about this super outdated line!

Though...you could back then have a phone in a tree house if you really wanted to by using a long enough phone cord or if the cordless phone had a really big range.  Not sure how likely/practically either of these options would've been though.

I don't suppose anyone can figure out what handheld game that is at 2:27?  It's obviously much too thin to be a Game Boy.