What is this?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

This poll is closed to new votes

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Tell us more of this 

Chile' colorado @JamesRobot

Dude, it's so fucking good.  It's basically a stew with roasted hot green chiles and tomatoes as the base and usually pork if you're not vegetarian.  But veggie green chile is damn good too.  Usually comes in 3 varieties.  Mild, 50/50, and hot.

Pretty much any Mexican food in CO is gonna come smothered in it.  Or at least inside your breakfast burrito if your grabbing a handheld to go.

You can usually just buy a pint or quart of green chile at your favorite Mexican restaurant to throw on your own burritos. 

Breakfast burritos are ubiquitous here.  Even non Mexican restaurants sell them.  And virtually all of them come with green chile instead of hot sauce or salsa.

My two favorite places for breakfast burritos are both in Golden.  El Dorado serves more traditional breakfast burritos (egg, bacon or chorizo, hashbrowns, cheese, and pork green chile.)  And Bonfire Burritos ramps it up with some fresh mexican crema, roasted chiles, jalepenos, and some other ingredients depending on your burrito.  And their "fuego" green chile is rip your lips off hot and really fucking tasty.  They don't use pork but it's still top notch. 

Damn I'm hungry now.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted

I'm talkin green chiles here.  Usually Hatch or Anaheim but I prefer Pueblo chiles since they're CO.  But it doesn't matter.  We buy 2 bushels every season and freeze them for the year.  The local market will roast em for you and then you have to take em home and clean out the seeds and skins.

chile-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 3

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, JamesRobot said:

I'm talkin green chiles here.  Usually Hatch or Anaheim but I prefer Pueblo chiles since they're CO.  But it doesn't matter.  We buy 2 bushels every season and freeze them for the year.  The local market will roast em for you and then you have to take em home and clean out the seeds and skins.

chile-1.jpg

are you pretty regular???  😏

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

chile-1.jpg

Omg yesssssss

• Like 1