IGNORED

Game Debate #33: Luigi's Mansion

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Guess we won't be doing this one soon (if ever)

Screenshot_20210123-133837.png

How's the ebay goin? 😄

On-topic, I like this game. It is very short and doesn't have much replay value beyond challenging yourself to get all gold frame paintings, get both A and H rank house, and then maybe speedrunning.

I myself played luigi's mansion several times through in order to get all of the gold paintings, but in the end I never did get Bogmire's as a gold, so I give this game a couple points down for denying me success. Otherwise I'd say play it if you have a wii or gamecube, but don't go out of your way to do so.

• Like 1

i feel like a downer after everybody else praising this game, but i scored it a 5. it was fine. i bought it when it came out and played it enough to beat the game. have never felt the desire to play it again, although i did recently buy both sequels.

definitely always felt like a filler title to me, albeit one that was solid all around.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 8:54 PM, twiztor said:

i feel like a downer after everybody else praising this game, but i scored it a 5. it was fine. i bought it when it came out and played it enough to beat the game. have never felt the desire to play it again, although i did recently buy both sequels.

definitely always felt like a filler title to me, albeit one that was solid all around.

I'm also there. As much as I'm a GCN fanboy, I never got into Luigi's Mansion at all. One of my best buds in school loved this game, so I watched him play it a lot. Got more enjoyment that way then trying to play it myself lol

• Like 1

Something I remembered about this, don't bother playing the GC game without a real GameCube controller. The analog shoulder travel is important part of the game.
As for the 3DS port, has anybody played it that can say how it changed? I'm most concerned about how vacuuming works with digital shoulders. I have a new 3ds so I assume the twin-stick vacuuming is the same. Worst case would be the gameplay is dumbed down like in Dark Moon.

• Like 1

The GC was the only console I ever got at launch and I got both Luigi's and SSBM for it.  I kinda thought it was neat that this time Luigi rather than the usual Mario got the first game for it.  And didn't Nintendo at the time IIRC correctly said that Luigi's was only using about 5% of what the GC was really capable of?  Those are the kind of days I missed when even Luigi's graphics blew away even the very best the N64 had to offer and when I watched in awe that SSBM intro playing at the Lexington Circuit City at the time!  The graphics were unlike anything I've ever seen at the time.  As opposed to how say, the PS3-->PS4 transition was; the side by side comparisons of those versions of the early PS4 sports games didn't look hardly any better than the PS3 ones.

At least with the PS5 (I won't get one anytime soon; just based on what I've seen of it on YouTube and such) I am seeing some noticeable graphical improvements...maybe...

• Like 2

I gave it an 8. I got it when the GC when it was released and at the time it was alright. I thought like others here it was a filler game till the big Mario game came out. Funny as I got older I ended up liking Luigi Mansion more and SM Sunshine more of a hassle. I enjoy it more now for being a unique game and great weekend game plus the later games improved on the game especially Luigi Mansion 3. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...