IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2021**

guillavoie

14 hours ago, BeaIank said:

You didn't have a benevolent, kind TO like me back then.

Anyway, the games you will be able to pick from on round 1:

Pooyan (shooter)
Challenger (plataformer)
Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken (puzzle)
Ninja Hattori-kun (action)
Parareru World (puzzle)

It will be a lot of fun!

what the fuck is this? some kind of brazillian bull shit 🙂 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

However, I don’t want to be the guy that possibly knocks out someone that’s played all season. That’s a fight I don’t wanna have. 

Thats the reason?! I was assuming something personal. Screw that. Rules are rules. If someone doesnt like it, their gripe is with the mods, not you. Also, even if you didnt play, anyone who replaces you at a low seed will have not played much and the potential to knock out the same person. 

If you are that worried about it, stay on pace to play against me. If I lost, and probably would, youd hear nothing but well done and kick some ass next round

• Like 1

@Richardhead If someone loses in the tournament to someone who hasn't been playing as much, then they need to get good.  The only realistic gripe one could have is if someone intentionally kept their score low to get a low seed, but since there's no logical reason to do that, I doubt anyone here actually DID that.  And even if they did, thems the breaks.  If you wanna play, then play.  Anyone has an issue with it, fuck 'em.

2 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I wasn’t originally planning on sitting out. However, I don’t want to be the guy that possibly knocks out someone that’s played all season. That’s a fight I don’t wanna have. 

Just so you know, if you sit out, you could change the whole bracket.  If you're 16th, then you'd just be replaced one for one, no problem, but if you're like 10th and sit out, you're actually changing who every single person is matched up against with the exception of 8th vs 9th.  All these guys from previous years' tournaments are deathly afraid of Bert Sampson, for example, and you could unwittingly knock someone into his path who shouldn't have had to play him in the first round.  Just something to think about.......

3 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Just so you know, if you sit out, you could change the whole bracket.  If you're 16th, then you'd just be replaced one for one, no problem, but if you're like 10th and sit out, you're actually changing who every single person is matched up against with the exception of 8th vs 9th.  All these guys from previous years' tournaments are deathly afraid of Bert Sampson, for example, and you could unwittingly knock someone into his path who shouldn't have had to play him in the first round.  Just something to think about.......

im not afraid of bert trampstampson.....wwwwwaaaaaaaa!!😂 good one skinny! 

arnpoly a two time champ who might not accept invite due to being semi retired.  plus i might get knocked out of top 16. and how about this dvertov person? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

what if we add a team element to the contest next year! have two captains pick from a field of players (during the off season) who want to play teams and make teams. we could keep all the individual accolades and play the same but your points would go towards your teams total and for a team championship!!! might help participation knowing your team is counting on you!!!

plus all the bragging rights!!!

and you cluld share bear in pm's!!!

@Bearcat-Doug tried this one year...kinda half assed.

Edited by docile tapeworm

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

what if we add a team element to the contest next year! have two captains pick from a field of players (during the off season) who want to play teams and make teams. we could keep all the individual accolades and play the same but your points would go towards your teams total and for a team championship!!! might help participation knowing your team is counting on you!!!

plus all the bragging rights!!!

and you cluld share bear in pm's!!!

@Bearcat-Doug tried this one year...kinda half assed.

I remember when I tried that. I think we even had two full teams set before the season, but then nothing ever came of it when the season started. Anymore, people probably don't want to commit to something like that for an entire season and risk letting their team down if they can't give 100% each week because of real life stuff. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I remember when I tried that. I think we even had two full teams set before the season, but then nothing ever came of it when the season started. Anymore, people probably don't want to commit to something like that for an entire season and risk letting their team down if they can't give 100% each week because of real life stuff. 

ya well you picked both teams that time, so your swuad was stacked i think it was you wampson and arnpoly! and you never kept score anyway!

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

ya well you picked both teams that time, so your swuad was stacked i think it was you wampson and arnpoly! and you never kept score anyway!

It was going to be my team vs the Colorado Crew. My team was loaded with all former champions, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway with that lineup.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Bearcat-Doug @mbd39 @bertsampson @NESfiend @Dr. Morbis @Richardhead

thats three vs three thats enough! cmon next year we pick teams!

shit inforgot to add myself. we need one more for four on four!!

Next season is a long ways off, but I'd probably be in.

• Love 1