IGNORED

Work In Progress: Complete List of NA(US) Game Boy Cartridge Variants

RH

4 hours ago, _Brink_ said:

Finally have the three double labeled/relabeled games now.  Question:  what label is hiding under the Pit Fighter game?  Its clearly different than the one on top. 

Double Labels.JPG

Alll the under labels are from European regions. what i wanting to know is where they were sold. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/4/2023 at 12:46 PM, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

https://imgur.com/a/EmQqG4W

I got in the suspected R golf. It looks different than my tm copy but not quite right. It almost looks like they just pasted the R over the tm logo

Don't look like an R to me looks like a hickey

"A hickey is a spot or halo on the printed image that resembles a donut or bullseye."

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RH said:

Yes, but do they have back labels?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156158430176?

(Honestly, I just wanted to show this off.  I think it's way over priced but who knows.  Let's see if anyone actually drops $5 on these.)

that is a nice looking rack.  i wish i would have picked up the full set for 2200 a few years ago.  still looking for a replacement for KI. 😞

On 4/5/2024 at 9:17 PM, Hybrid said:

Don't look like an R to me looks like a hickey

"A hickey is a spot or halo on the printed image that resembles a donut or bullseye."

@Hybrid  what is the term for the 'R' mark is so small that it is just a "kickey" is there a term for that....  or any letter for that?  and is this a printing/design/ issue/error?  or because of mass print issue/offset issue.  just looking for clarification for identification and classification. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bowser said:

This just came in the mail today! Box is in really good condition but unfortunately it's missing all the paperwork.

006F2017-2CFD-4E85-937E-0146C8559B92.jpeg

I have one of these and at the time I found it, I think I was told only one other CIB copy was known.  That SML is even rarer.  Amazing photos guys.

I don’t think mine has any flier inserts.  I think there’s a chance they never came with any.

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2023 at 9:46 AM, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

https://imgur.com/a/EmQqG4W

I got in the suspected R golf. It looks different than my tm copy but not quite right. It almost looks like they just pasted the R over the tm logo

missed this i think. but that is a very nice OSQ R and it a bleedover. if that is the right term...

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post but have you seen the double label race drivin’ ? I have one and I’ve seen posts of other people having it as well. I looked real quick on eBay and found this one.IMG_3608.jpeg.67dafa1dc5f7139f07c102963afabe0b.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404818629296?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bk1rioLET6K&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=yP5oCKu1RbO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Benji_EOD said:

I know this is an old post but have you seen the double label race drivin’ ? I have one and I’ve seen posts of other people having it as well. I looked real quick on eBay and found this one.IMG_3608.jpeg.67dafa1dc5f7139f07c102963afabe0b.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404818629296?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bk1rioLET6K&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=yP5oCKu1RbO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Yep we've seen them... we're discussing them higher up on this very page. Do you have any other double-labels?

40 minutes ago, Splain said:

Yep we've seen them... we're discussing them higher up on this very page. Do you have any other double-labels?

I guess I need to open this list on a computer and scroll thru all the pages. This is the only double label I have. I wonder if there’s something else on the label underneath of this one.

1 hour ago, Benji_EOD said:

I guess I need to open this list on a computer and scroll thru all the pages. This is the only double label I have. I wonder if there’s something else on the label underneath of this one.

Since the Gameboy is region free what would happen is some games would be I'm guessing were meant to be sold as PAL carts but ended up getting sold here what's underneath is the PAL label there are 4 (known) Gameboy (US) games if you count the one for GBC 

They include hard driving, pit fighter and NHL 95 and carmageddon (GBC

There are others that are double labeled for the  various PAL regions