IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Alpha Mission!

BeaIank

Here’s my 11th hour submission.

EDIT: Normal run now with just a higher score.  Pretty fun.  I prefer the older blockier shooters like this.

To be clear on what happened, I was on my second try on the first level and had made it over 10,000 and then (accidentally) picked up an R and immediately paused once it went back to the main screen, does this still count or no?

C389D627-F3C1-4D97-B7FC-71B5FE1F5B03.jpeg

Edited by Krunch
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Here’s my 11th hour submission.  To be clear on what happened, I was on my second try on the first level and had made it over 10,000 and then (accidentally) picked up an R and immediately paused once it went back to the main screen, does this still count or no?

231F5512-A606-4D0E-BCA4-FE4C27401687.jpeg

I think it does as long as you didnt accumulate any points after hitting the R

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I think it does as long as you didnt accumulate any points after hitting the R

I figured, it’s moot now anyway cause I achieved a backup score of 11K so I’m gonna replace it anyway and cross the rest out.

50 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

morphius got anymore?

Naw, after I got my current score I kept playing while I was trying to beat the game, and I was 40k+ shy of my posted score when I finally did beat the game and hit the loop point.  I'm done... should be either first or second depending on whether or not Gloves has a last second killer score...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Naw, after I got my current score I kept playing while I was trying to beat the game, and I was 40k+ shy of my posted score when I finally did beat the game and hit the loop point.  I'm done... should be either first or second depending on whether or not Gloves has a last second killer score...

You still gotta beat the boss rush though...just saying...

Got to level 5 again and hit the same damn R 2k from my previous record where I hit the same damn R. Do they start doing more than one R per level? Could have sworn Id already cleared the R. Maybe thats how it got me twice. Fun game. Totally different from any shooter Ive played. Glad I got to know it

20210502_215020.jpg

Edited by NESfiend

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@docile tapeworm Congrats!  I don't know how you hit 300k without evening killing the final boss, but I guess I was only 30k behind with my score that also didn't kill the final boss, so there you go...

i used the same tech i did in 2015 purged all my lives at stage 5. i didnt destroy the final boss on purpose because i had gained another life to purge so i purpose died there too.

• Wow! 1

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

i used the same tech i did in 2015 purged all my lives at stage 5. i didnt destroy the final boss on purpose because i had gained another life to purge so i purpose died there too.

I think that's why I was 40k higher when I didn't beat the game than when I did: when I beat the game I was cruising along with few deaths, but on my posted score, I no-deathed to the final boss, then died on the final boss and had three more lives of scoring points on Area 12 before I hit SYD x1...

Let me know if you can ever beat my real high score in this game with no weird-ass rules involved, posted earlier: 449k 😛

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

They'd all be about the same, no?  Or would you be expecting people to make extensive use of the R's?

no "r" it would selerate the good players from the great by providing an limited amount of points to see who could get the most.

Edited by docile tapeworm