IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Ah I'm jealous of that Gamecube sign!  What's the story behind it?   

Great finds all around btw

Not much of a story. I got it from a guy that has sold me a bunch of stuff in the past. He had a big collection but has been downsizing over the past few years. When he told me about the sign he said "My buddy got it from a GameStop up in Saugus Massachusetts, where he lives and where I used to live." So his buddy was the first owner, eventually he bought it from his buddy, and now I'm the 3rd owner. 

• Love 1

After a long spell of finding almost nothing to speak of, finally had some good fortune again. Here's some recent hunts: 

cqOvds1.jpeg

Got this Disney Princess / Tangled sealed double pack for about $30. It's my second one. It isn't mint but considering these only pop up a few times a year I wasn't going to pass it up. Hoping to swap it for another double pack I don't have. 

PkyZZpp.jpeg

This one is really special. It's not often something pops up that you didn't even know existed. This is a USA release, the same product known as the Wide Boy in Japan, but this one is called the View Boy. 

vxAxjVJ.jpeg

It's complete and like new with paperwork and even the baggie. There's not much info about it online, but with some sleuthing I found a few hits, including a tweet from the revamped Sunsoft brand on Twitter showing a few items they pulled from their warehouse: 

Also found some past local auction listings (not just eBay) as well as a few mentions in magazines. Otherwise, it's not on Console Variations. 

Anyway, I paid about $50 and it's staying with me 🙂

• Like 2

Some new hauls

dcuoNxy.jpeg

Finally found this bundle sealed with the cards for $21.31. These used to be easy to come by but now I hardly see them. 

m9jjt1i.jpeg

Bought a few games in a bundle on eBay at a pretty good price and one game in the bundle was this Dexter's Laboratory Deesaster Strikes! I figured it was worth getting because this is the USA-1 revision: 

G3jcKev.jpeg

The original cart had a game breaking bug that is fixed in this version. It's not super valuable, there's a few sitting on eBay as we speak, but still a cool find. 

And lastly: 

TBQtIB2.jpeg

I have no idea what happened here, this is a standard edition release of Fragrant Story for 3DS that was listed for $3, I saw the fresh listing, bought it, and the seller shipped it out to me no questions asked. Did they maybe intend to list it for $30??? Whatever, I'm happy to have it. 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1