IGNORED

What are you currently watching?

Moderator · Posted

I haven’t watch a new movie in a long time, in fact, I haven’t watched any movie other than Moana in a long time and I’ve seen that at least 100 times the last few months. Toddlers know what they like!

On 7/17/2024 at 11:19 AM, The Count said:

We just started Better Call Saul, I enjoy it more than Breaking Bad thus far.

I'm a fan of both shows, but I felt the same way when we started watching BCS. You know how it ends, but the story telling is done really well. I think BCS does a good job of developing characters you wished had been developed in Breaking Bad.

Better Call Saul GIF by Alissandra

Very hard to pick which show is better, but both are worthy of watching.

Events Team · Posted

I wrapped up the A-Team series about a month ago with the boy and currently watching Knight Rider.  I should've done it the other way round.  I love both shows but Knight Rider is a little slower and dramatic compared to the near perfect action and comedy of the A-Team.   He says he enjoys Knight Rider enough but it's been spoiled by comparison.

16 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Buy Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - Microsoft Store en-GB

Awesome.  Shame it's the last one we'll ever get, but at least we got this one last hurrah.

I found it to be just ok, the story was great but the CGI was over the top and really bad. Fury Road did it right and was a much better move imo.

This movie wasn’t very well received here. It had an initial interest but word of mouth spread quickly and I think it started to really slump. It didn’t help that Furiosa had an American accent. Not sure what they were thinking with that move. Chris Hemsworth was great though.

There's a Netflix documentary told from the perspective of Laci Peterson's family -- basically they say he is as guilty as sin! BUT, his case was taken up by the Los Angeles Innocence Project which I greatly admire, they do wonderful work. This documentary exposes so many holes in the police narrative that it's starting to look like Swiss cheese! They are waiting for DNA tests, but at this point, it really looks like he was wrongfully convicted.

11 hours ago, Brickman said:

but the CGI was over the top and really bad. Fury Road did it right and was a much better move imo.

I Thought the visuals looked awesome. It’s hard to live up to one of the greatest movies of all time but it was still a worthy entry and did a good job in carving out its own space.

• Agree 1

Aubrey Plaza hasn’t watched her ‘White Lotus’ performance because she forgot her Max password

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/28/entertainment/aubrey-plaza-white-lotus-max-password/index.html

“To be honest, I had trouble opening my HBO Max account when I was trying to watch it originally,” Plaza said. “I couldn’t figure out the password and I usually just give up when I can’t figure out the passwords. I just can’t handle things like that.”

Aubrey Plaza is just adorable! I haven't watched The White Lotus, but I'm gonna give it a go. Anyone seen it?

14 hours ago, G-type said:

I Thought the visuals looked awesome. It’s hard to live up to one of the greatest movies of all time but it was still a worthy entry and did a good job in carving out its own space.

Yeah I still thought it was fun overall but I guess you're right that it is hard to go against Fury Road. I did like the visuals but I feel like the CGI was over done. I don't recall Fury Road relying on so much CGI but I could be wrong there.

57 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Yeah I still thought it was fun overall but I guess you're right that it is hard to go against Fury Road. I did like the visuals but I feel like the CGI was over done. I don't recall Fury Road relying on so much CGI but I could be wrong there.

this video provides a good breakdown on the difference in quality between them:  (skip to 11:20)

Edited by G-type
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, G-type said:

this video provides a good breakdown on the difference in quality between them:  (skip to 11:20)

That was a good watch, thanks. I've never seen these guys but I'll have to check out their other videos. I actually did a bit more of a deep dive after watching this and found an interesting article about Fury Road and how the practical effects for that movie is a little bit of a myth, which surprised me.

Here's the article if you want to read it: Mad Max Fury Road's Practical FX Myth Is Hurting Furiosa (substack.com)

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 11:16 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Buy Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - Microsoft Store en-GB

Awesome.  Shame it's the last one we'll ever get, but at least we got this one last hurrah.

Outstanding visuals and some creative shots.  Have to give it up to Miller to just stick a guy in movie cause he has a goofy face and just pan over and linger on it for like 10 seconds.  Must have made him crack up and I did too.  Hemsworth is great too and I like a good bad guy vs bad guy conflict.

It is an uneven film.  Pace is weird, since ATJ doesn't show up till like an hour in.  Also was a bit hard to follow, knowing who was on whose side and why they were running from one chase to another.  CG didn't bother me though, we are deep in super heightened surreal fantasy land here, not expecting hyper realism.

Edited by fox