IGNORED

New Cotton game coming to PS4, Switch, PC platforms: Cotton Rock n Roll!

MiamiSlice

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/cotton-rock-n-roll-announced-for-ps4-switch-pc-and-arcade

spacer.png

Play as the characters you know from the Cotton series, as well as guest characters from series such as Umihara Kawase and Doki Doki Poyacchio!

A exhilarating and fun shoot ’em up with six playable characters (and more)! Each character has different performance and actions.

There are a total of 16 scrolling stages (vertical, horizonal, and 3D).

With uniquely performing characters and a multitude of stages, Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll expands the variety of play!

Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll retains the traditional comical worldview of Cotton and Silk, while including not only the shoot ’em up game features of the Cotton series, but also those of other shoot ’em up games Success has released to the world, such as Sanvein‘s time system and Psyvariar‘s BUZZ system.

Edited by MiamiSlice

• The title was changed to New Cotton game coming to PS4, Switch, PC platforms: Cotton Rock n Roll!
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems nice, but I think I got taken for a ride from strictly limited, well over the 6mo mark without a single bit of information on when Cotton 100% will come to my door for Switch, pretty angry about it, as I could have had it from others already, and awhile ago now.

Whoever does the physical on this, if it's them, I'm ignoring it.  Otherwise, good times definitely as it's a challenging but fun shooter.

I'm interested, but if I am being honest the PS4 has more bad/mediocre shooters than good ones.

Never played Cotton. Am waiting to get the PCE game - are any of the others must own's?

The Cotton Reboot game doesn't look good. And the PS4 three game Saturn port with two cotton games is interesting but after being disappointed by two of ports I've purchased I think I am going to hold off on ports when possible.

Edited by Californication

2 minutes ago, Californication said:

Am waiting to get the PCE game - are any of the others must own's?

Cotton Boomerang for sure, if you can afford it 😆

The mechanics in that one are really unique though, it's not like any other shooter, so it's definitely not for everyone.

4 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Cotton Boomerang for sure, if you can afford it 😆

The mechanics in that one are really unique though, it's not like any other shooter, so it's definitely not for everyone.

It's good, you like it? 

I mean if it says $300/$350 Sold on ebay it could be $200/$250 in Japan which wouldn't be terrible if it is good.

Edited by Californication

I've not experienced a lot of the series.

But that said, I have owned, enjoyed, and finished the TG16 CD, SFC cartridge, and the NGPC cart too.  Outside of that I've not touched the rest but I'm aware of some of them not rating all that hot.  It's very much a hit and miss franchise from the looks of it.