IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I just saw that McVay and Shanahan are the 6th longest tenured coaches in the NFL.  How f'ing pathetic is that? 🤣

It’s really become you have one or two bad seasons and you are gone. Teams and fans have lost patience that it takes time to build a really good team

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

As a Niners/Rams fan (lol), the Bengals are one of the few AFC teams where a loss would be even moderately acceptable.

I was talking to a guy about this today, like I wouldn’t even be that mad. Never even met a bengals fan, let alone a douchey one.  For some reason I thought Boomer Essiason was exotic and cool as a young kid 🤣🤣🤣

I have a soft spot for those franchises that go years without a title, as a fan of local teams that are dynasties ( 😉 ). Maybe I just have more respect for fans that show up year after year for poopy teams, not sure. But either way I love an “underdog”, and would prefer to lose to one if made it that far

What a weird year to be a niners fan. 6-10 last year, this year remember when we were 3-5? Here we are in NFC championship because Rodgers never had a shot  and special teams

Some season ticket holders at work wanted kyles head on a pike a few months ago lol

10 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I was talking to a guy about this today, like I wouldn’t even be that mad. Never even met a bengals fan, let alone a douchey one.  For some reason I thought Boomer Essiason was exotic and cool as a young kid 🤣🤣🤣

I have a soft spot for those franchises that go years without a title, as a fan of local teams that are dynasties ( 😉 ). Maybe I just have more respect for fans that show up year after year for poopy teams, not sure. But either way I love an “underdog”, and would prefer to lose to one if made it that far

What a weird year to be a niners fan. 6-10 last year, this year remember when we were 3-5? Here we are in NFC championship because Rodgers never had a shot  and special teams

Some season ticket holders at work wanted kyles head on a pike a few months ago lol

Most Bengals fans are pretty easy to get along with. It's a bit difficult to be over the top when your team hasn't won anything and typically spends entire decades being awful.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Is the regional rivalry strong between browns and bengals?

Niners/Raiders was (is?) brutal

Browns/Steelers is the brutal one.

Pittsburgh is about 2 hours away whereas Cincy is 4.  So some rivalry there, but not nearly like the Steelers.

The Browns have also had a longer rivalry with the Steelers, going back to the 50s, and they've always been paired in the same division. They even both jumped to the AFC together to keep that rivalry going.

The Browns/Bengals rivalry goes back to the AFL/NFL merger in 1970, so there's about a twenty year head start on the Browns/Steelers hating each other.

13 hours ago, Californication said:

I used to hear some crazy Niners/Raider stories. People getting knifed, jumped, etc.

16 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

That seems to be California sports in general.  

Worst thing happening out this way is getting a bottle or battery hucked at ya.

I went to the preseason game this year for Niners versus raiders and let me tell you I was embarrassed to be a Niners fan. 

I wish I could say it was the Raiders only, but it was at our field. Just on my way inI saw two fights and piles upon piles of garbage from tailgating. And I’m not talking piles like you were probably thinking. I am talking mountains of trash and liquor bottles. 

Granted it was a preseason game, and as being a former season-ticket holder I know that a lot of times the preseason games are the games that you give to your garbage relatives that you don’t want to waste a real game on 😂😂😂

man i miss candlestick. 

24 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I went to the preseason game this year for Niners versus raiders and let me tell you I was embarrassed to be a Niners fan. 

I wish I could say it was the Raiders only, but it was at our field. Just on my way inI saw two fights and piles upon piles of garbage from tailgating. And I’m not talking piles like you were probably thinking. I am talking mountains of trash and liquor bottles. 

Granted it was a preseason game, and as being a former season-ticket holder I know that a lot of times the preseason games are the games that you give to your garbage relatives that you don’t want to waste a real game on 😂😂😂

man i miss candlestick. 

I’ll never get to see the Stick 😕

4 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ll never get to see the Stick 😕

She gone now. I have a ton of great memories there of the niners and giants from 80s and 90s though. The wind chill for football, shagging foul balls and HRs without competition when only 8k people were coming to Giants games. Even snuck in a couple times when shit like that was low consequence. 

if I can find some pics I will post them. 

• Like 1

Candlestick was simultaneously the best and worst stadium in the NFL and MLB (well, maybe second to Tropicana in the MLB.) I loved its uniqueness and quirky charm, but it was also kind of badly designed to shoehorn two different sports in it. Levi Stadium is cool, though kind of ordinary. 

On 1/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, MrWunderful said:

Is the regional rivalry strong between browns and bengals?

Niners/Raiders was (is?) brutal

There is a healthy dislike for the Browns, but it seems like the fans get more into the Steelers games.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

7 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Candlestick was simultaneously the best and worst stadium in the NFL and MLB (well, maybe second to Tropicana in the MLB.) I loved its uniqueness and quirky charm, but it was also kind of badly designed to shoehorn two different sports in it. Levi Stadium is cool, though kind of ordinary. 

Levi’s Stadium is disappointingly plain and ordinary, especially for the price and the amount of cost for season tickets. This is Silicon Valley, they should have VR headsets at every seat so you can view the game through the eyes of a player

On 1/23/2022 at 1:28 PM, Mega Tank said:

WOW. TOTALLY SHOCKED TANNEFAIL LOST IN THE PLAY OFFS. LIKE OMG. Pfft.

So what's a good betting site/app? I'm tired of not cashing in on these upsets. On Friday morning I told my wife I would put down $100 on the Bengals and 49ers... not sure how much I would have made, but I can't win unless I bet!

If you put $100 on the 49ers and Bengals to win this week, you'll win about $900 based on the current line.

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If you put $100 on the 49ers and Bengals to win this week, you'll win about $900 based on the current line.

My wife is still not letting me bet on the niners after two weeks of possible money raining down on us! It’s basically a sure thing at this point!

Draft Kings has a redic +800 prop on Deebo having 1 rushing TD and one receiving TD - that is seriously almost a better bet than the money line. Only problem is Jimmy has to throw a TD lol

39 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Levi’s Stadium is disappointingly plain and ordinary, especially for the price and the amount of cost for season tickets. This is Silicon Valley, they should have VR headsets at every seat so you can view the game through the eyes of a player

That would be awesome.

Yeah, I hate when they build a new stadium and go, "Hey, remember when tickets were x? Now they're x^5000!"

Jeez, they just moved across town. It's still the same shitty food and plastic seats.

44 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

My wife is still not letting me bet on the niners after two weeks of possible money raining down on us! It’s basically a sure thing at this point!

Draft Kings has a redic +800 prop on Deebo having 1 rushing TD and one receiving TD - that is seriously almost a better bet than the money line. Only problem is Jimmy has to throw a TD lol

I'll probably put something on the 49ers and Bengals to win. The Bengals did beat the Chiefs a few weeks ago and the 49ers are 2-0 against the Rams, so it's not impossible.

44 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

That would be awesome.

Yeah, I hate when they build a new stadium and go, "Hey, remember when tickets were x? Now they're x^5000!"

Jeez, they just moved across town. It's still the same shitty food and plastic seats.

Yeah and you have to buy the seat license now too, Al Davis style. We would’ve kept them when they moved if we had the seat license for other venues as well like concerts Olympics etc. but it is only your seat for football and it doesn’t even include the price of the tickets. For the same seat location relative to the field as we had at candlestick they wanted 18,000 a year plus ticket price