IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

That Bengals-Chiefs game had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! So excited to see the Bengals play in the Super Bowl! They were the first team I ever liked and rooted for ever since I was a kid. Sadly I missed the second half of the Rams-49ers game but I didn't really care who won that one because either way I'm 100% team Bengals!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Washington Commanders >>>> Washington Redskins

No doubt, but of the dozens of alternative names, they picked the one that sounds like a made up name for a team from a movie.

Heck, Washington Football Team was growing on me. They should have stuck with that.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Tulpa said:

No doubt, but of the dozens of alternative names, they picked the one that sounds like a made up name for a team from a movie.

Heck, Washington Football Team was growing on me. They should have stuck with that.

Is it sad that football team is better than commanders? Lol

But doesnt really matter to me. Wonder how many people will rock redskins gear to stick it to the man!

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Are “chiefs” not “redskins”? 

The Chiefs have had their own controversies. More for the fans using Native American costumes and what not, because KC fans suck.

10 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

are dolphins, lions, bears…not offended?

Tasty animals have no say. 😛

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I think removing slurs that should have never been used in the first place is reasonable.

I don't see most people getting offended over animal names.

Colors, maybe. I mean, brown is pretty offensive, so sorry Cleveland. 😛

I mean without context the Browns sounds like it could be offensive I guess like Cincinnati Reds, but for those that don't know the Browns were named after Paul Brown. I'm surprised they haven't demanded the KC Chiefs change their name yet.

I have no issues with the name Washington Commanders but they could've come up with a better logo.

1 hour ago, AstralSoul said:

I mean without context the Browns sounds like it could be offensive I guess like Cincinnati Reds, but for those that don't know the Browns were named after Paul Brown.

I wasn't bringing in any other context. I just think brown is a blah color in and of itself. 😛 I know the Paul Brown connection, but it is kind of a weird name all the same.

1 hour ago, AstralSoul said:

I'm surprised they haven't demanded the KC Chiefs change their name yet.

There has been a little push back, but it's mostly for stuff other than the name.

30 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I wasn't bringing in any other context. I just think brown is a blah color in and of itself. 😛 I know the Paul Brown connection, but it is kind of a weird name all the same.

Oh I getcha. I never liked the name either. I just meant for people who weren't aware of its origin it could sound like an offensive name or just not make any sense at all. I wondered this for years growing up not knowing the connection, what the hell is a "Brown"?

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

The day a dolphin is able to communicate that "Dolphin isn't what we call ourselves. It's 'kek-kek-kek-kek-kek,'" then I will consider it. 😛

The dolphin scoffs at your primal communication and language. They are more offended by how bad the team plays.

Edited by docile tapeworm