IGNORED

2021 NFL/NCAA Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Who would be your choice out of either the free agents or the tradeable options available?

Arron Rodgers. Make it happen.

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

I'll answer for him:  Deshaun Watson lol

Here is the issue with Watson. Day late and a dollar short. None of them come back from a year off and return to their peak.

vick, hunt, bell….

I see what you guys are saying though as it’s no use crying now because what’s done is done Miami is kinda stuck with the guy. Still that’s no reason to overlook how terrible a guy is. 

Edited by docile tapeworm

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Arron Rodgers. Make it happen.

Wrong Florida team.  If he leaves the Packers, he's headed for Tampa.

Also, I think Watson's NFL career is done at this point.   I don't see anybody picking him up after all this legal mess.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

No picks but I’ll trade you straight up. Bet you wouldnt. Even if you didn’t have lance.

Dunno, despite Jimmy having years more experience and Deebo and Kittle and Aiyuk and the zone block run scheme he still barely had a better QBR.

And he's a much, much bigger cap hit.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Dunno, despite Jimmy having years more experience and Deebo and Kittle and Aiyuk and the zone block run scheme he still barely had a better QBR.

The thing about qbr is are all throws equal?You can go 10-30 and if one of the 10 is the game winning throw….

Edited by docile tapeworm

17 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

And a smidge more injury prone.

https://es.pn/3BO5wNC

@docile tapewormin case you want to read from an actual sports writer what Tua was able to do with such a terrible offensive line. Spoiler alert, what I've told you the whole season is basically written out in this article with statistics.

For the sake of comparison, Tannehill was awful under pressure with a terrible offensive line as well. Tua plays with more ugency, because his life depends on it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

@docile tapewormin case you want to read from an actual sports writer what Tua was able to do with such a terrible offensive line. Spoiler alert, what I've told you the whole season is basically written out in this article with statistics.

For the sake of comparison, Tannehill was awful under pressure with a terrible offensive line as well. Tua plays with more ugency, because his life depends on it.

Agree with offensive line, having a good RB can also bail you out of that situation. The Dolphins are just bad all around. Like the Jets. There isn’t a single thing that would fix them, it’s gotta be a complete overhaul. 

Also this thread is cancelled till against. 

6 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Stat that generation. I use my eyes 👀 

11 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

So are you ruling out Tua for that title? I feel like your starting to see things from my eyes. And the other is a proven winner since his rookie season.

I'm just suspecting you like trolling. Tom Brady threw quickly, not because he had a terrible OLine... but I'm going to stop explaining stuff to you. It never changes your mind anyways. Believe what you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

I'm just suspecting you like trolling. Tom Brady threw quickly, not because he had a terrible OLine... but I'm going to stop explaining stuff to you. It never changes your mind anyways. Believe what you want.

Dude you did change my mind though. I’m a huge believer in Tua now. You and sandaflah have shown me how me being a casual I have no idea what I’m talking about and Tua actually is a competent starting nfl qb who if given a superior o line, rb and wr’s to go along with the top 10 defense Miami would be a good football team.

You guys can say what you will and bring up stats and analogies and references and whatever you like, but, generally speaking, in the NFL the team doesn't make the quarterback - the quarterback makes the team.  Look at the Bucs before Brady and compare that with the two years they had Brady, and then wait and see what kind of team they have on the field next year, and you'll understand... in the NFL, the quarterback is the team...

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Dude you did change my mind though. I’m a huge believer in Tua now. You and sandaflah have shown me how me being a casual I have no idea what I’m talking about and Tua actually is a competent starting nfl qb who if given a superior o line, rb and wr’s to go along with the top 10 defense Miami would be a good football team.

That's where you're almost better off taking a guy from a decent college team rather than a juggernaut.  You can at least get a sampling of what he might do in adverse situations, or at least know to hit the checkdown when he's running for his life.

• Like 1