IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - M.U.S.C.L.E

BeaIank

At some point late last night after many beers I got 128k on the first level. Than I tanked out and lost an electro level 4. Should have paused until morning lol.

Thought I could duplicate the strategy this morning, but got no where close. Worse yet, I felt like I was grinding pretty good to only get like 80k level one. I have no idea how I did that last night. 

@0xDEAFC0DE, guessing you have figured out more on scoring than my beat people up and run down the clock strategy. Look forward to hearing about it when its over. Hell of a score! Even if a lurker kicks you down to second, prerty well wraps up sports cat for you. Nicely done 

Edited by NESfiend

54 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

At some point late last night after many beers I got 128k on the first level. Than I tanked out and lost an electro level 4. Should have paused until morning lol.

Thought I could duplicate the strategy this morning, but got no where close. Worse yet, I felt like I was grinding pretty good to only get like 80k level one. I have no idea how I did that last night. 

@0xDEAFC0DE, guessing you have figured out more on scoring than my beat people up and run down the clock strategy. Look forward to hearing about it when its over. Hell of a score! Even if a lurker kicks you down to second, prerty well wraps up sports cat for you. Nicely done 

Nah that's pretty much what I've been doing. 120k was around my best score for round one too. I did get to play a bit on emulator last night and got 300k in 3 round. But then I got four electrical rings in a row, and ended up dying in round 10. My score was only going to be a bit better anyway thanks to all the electrical rings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Nah that's pretty much what I've been doing. 120k was around my best score for round one too. I did get to play a bit on emulator last night and got 300k in 3 round. But then I got four electrical rings in a row, and ended up dying in round 10. My score was only going to be a bit better anyway thanks to all the electrical rings. 

Yeah, I just had a good run averaging 50k through the first three rounds, and got stopped in my tracks, losing on round 4.  Some of the guys are cheap bastards, and when they spawn in an electric ring, they're hard to fight against. 

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

No, it would be worse because you died at round 10 instead of beating it. Progress then score. It is in the rules.

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

Yeah, I just had a good run averaging 50k through the first three rounds, and got stopped in my tracks, losing on round 4.  Some of the guys are cheap bastards, and when they spawn in an electric ring, they're hard to fight against. 

So I had this idea right when I had to leave the house and pretty well call it a day on this, so I didnt get to test it out. But I fight as the same guy the whole time. Its only the one guy who has the special power that zaps you to death. Its the character level 3 always starts with. If you used him as your bench guy, he probably wouldnt appear in the game at all making those electro levels way less dangerous. Not sure if that would work. Kicked myself for not thinking of it last night when the rhythm was rolling

4 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Well, I'm currently playing Elite: Dangerous, so that may be how it rolls 😛 But who knows, space truckin' gets old sometimes when you're just shuttling between the same two locations repeatedly 😛

You should definitely finish playing that game then. No point in getting distracted. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Wow! Great score!! 

Thanks!  Got a bit lucky with the level selection - had one electric ring and two ice rings in the final 7 rounds, the rest were normal, so it really helped push the score a bit.  I don't know if I wanna bother going higher or not though...I think there's time for one more run, but I'm kinda MUSCLE'd out 😛

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Thanks!  Got a bit lucky with the level selection - had one electric ring and two ice rings in the final 7 rounds, the rest were normal, so it really helped push the score a bit.  I don't know if I wanna bother going higher or not though...I think there's time for one more run, but I'm kinda MUSCLE'd out 😛

The scores have been great this week when the top 3 are all over 522k. That's awesome!

• Like 2