IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

5 hours ago, ScaryD said:

Currently playing Neutopia II before that i played and beat Y's Book 1 & 2. I have been on a TG-16 kick lately.

Ys is crazy hard, old-skool! But I have to say, those ancient cinematics and music are beautiful. How are you liking Neutopia? Did you play the first?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Ys is crazy hard, old-skool! But I have to say, those ancient cinematics and music are beautiful. How are you liking Neutopia? Did you play the first?

I played the first Neutopia and I liked it. Definitely took inspiration from Legend of Zelda which is not a bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/9/2024 at 6:48 PM, Tabonga said:

an NES game called Solstice - which I have never played.

I tried Solstice earlier this year. It was initially one of the games on my backlog challenge list, but I quickly realized I was never going to beat it.

On 7/21/2024 at 10:12 AM, a3quit4s said:

Man did anyone else get stuck on the last hack in Courier? I like get to the same spot every time and just cannot progress. All the other hacks might have taken me a few tries but this last one is driving me nuts lol

@KHAN Games any tips lmao

I don't really have any tips, sorry. I know that in my brain I have to sort of think ahead and press the direction a little before I think I need to. Hopefully you powered through!

13 minutes ago, KHAN Games said:

I don't really have any tips, sorry. I know that in my brain I have to sort of think ahead and press the direction a little before I think I need to. Hopefully you powered through!

I did finally make it through but it took me awhile 😂 I did a little dance when I beat it!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I did finally make it through but it took me awhile 😂 I did a little dance when I beat it!

I had a bitch of a time with the final hack in my first playthrough.  I started another game and got through it in just a few tries.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

King’s Field (the actual first one)

This game feels like it came out 5 years before Ultima Underworld and every aspect of it says “This will be cool when we flesh this out better in a sequel.” But you’re always exploring new areas and it doesn’t bog you down with grinding so it’s fun.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

This game feels like it came out 5 years before Ultima Underworld and every aspect of it says “This will be cool when we flesh this out better in a sequel.” But you’re always exploring new areas and it doesn’t bog you down with grinding so it’s fun.

Dude ULTIMA; core memory unlocked.

Still Super Metroid-ing. I think I'm re-addicted. I scored a cart-only copy from eBay (great condition, will share pics once it's in) that should be here any day now!

• Like 1

I was playing the Black Ops 6 beta this weekend since I have game pass ultimate. I dunno it’s fun but it’s like we’ve been playing the same game for like 10 years now. The Call of Duty HQ thing is also awful and needs to go away. They way everything is just spidered in to some season pass bullshit and trying to squeeze every cent out of you. Remember when buying a game meant you got the entire game? I will probably just play the campaign when it comes out since I have it on game pass and that will be that. I wouldn’t be sad if this was the last Call of Duty game ever released lol

Edited by a3quit4s

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I was playing the Black Ops 6 beta this weekend since I have game pass ultimate. I dunno it’s fun but it’s like we’ve been playing the same game for like 10 years now. The Call of Duty HQ thing is also awful and needs to go away. They way everything is just spidered in to some season pass bullshit and trying to squeeze every cent out of you. Remember when buying a game meant you got the entire game? I will probably just play the campaign when it comes out since I have it on game pass and that will be that. I wouldn’t be sad if this was the last Call of Duty game ever released lol

I realized this after the first MW2 lol

That freed up a lot of time to do other things and play other games these last 15 years.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2024 at 11:55 AM, DefaultGen said:

I'd be lying if I said any of the King's Field games didn't feel incredibly rudimentary, but the first one especially so. It's a brisk enjoyable dungeon crawler all the same.

But man, the sequel for sure did flesh out everything better. King's Field 2 (the actual one) is downright one of my favourite games on the PlayStation 1. Did you play it? It's technically challenged, only runs at full speed when you're facing a single wall driectly, and enemies are beaten by circling around it. But hell, it has some of the best exploration of any video game I have ever played. Rivaling games like Super Metroid and FromSoft's own Dark Souls 1.

King's Field 4 rocks, too. And Shadow Tower for that matter.

• Like 1