IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

I'd be lying if I said any of the King's Field games didn't feel incredibly rudimentary, but the first one especially so. It's a brisk enjoyable dungeon crawler all the same.

But man, the sequel for sure did flesh out everything better. King's Field 2 (the actual one) is downright one of my favourite games on the PlayStation 1. Did you play it? It's technically challenged, only runs at full speed when you're facing a single wall driectly, and enemies are beaten by circling around it. But hell, it has some of the best exploration of any video game I have ever played. Rivaling games like Super Metroid and FromSoft's own Dark Souls 1.

King's Field 4 rocks, too. And Shadow Tower for that matter.

KF2 is next up.

I love games that feel passionately almost slapped together, not out of laziness, just like they were made by people who only focused on raw gameplay and the user interface is just nerd BS that they have to deal with to make a game. So much geometry is KF is plain rectangles and so many textures are awfully stretched and tiled. It's like a punk rock album recorded on cassette. The original version of Dwarf Fortress is like the ultimate example of this.

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

It only gets better.
I really wasn't sure about it early on, but man by the end of it I really loved it.

I really like the art and music, the timing mechanic feels a tad off but I have gotten used to it. It gets alot of comparison to Golden Sun which is why I was interested in it to begin with. So far it hasn't disappointed.

I just finished both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 on Steam Deck. They were major childhood games for me but I wanted to experience them again - I hadn’t since before college. I had intended to fight all of the super bosses in KH2 but I’m burnt out after 2 games and will come back to it. Oops.

Currently playing Astro Bot. It wasn’t even on my radar and now it’s probably my game of the year. I love 3D Mario and this game was clearly made by people who feel the same way.

18 hours ago, Pojosama said:

It gets alot of comparison to Golden Sun which is why I was interested in it to begin with. So far it hasn't disappointed.

I don't understand that comparison, I don't think they have much in common. Of course the most obvious comparison would be Chrono Trigger due to how much it models itself after that game, and honestly I think it ultimately manages to touch me on some of the same notes CT did, so it's not a bad analogy.

• Like 1