IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Thunder and Lightning!

BeaIank

41 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm still waiting for @Gloves to give me my beat em up charm from last year.

He is very busy working on the new RACING CATEGORY CHARM! Rumor is it will be based on the little racecar token in monopoly and should standout very nicely in my posts when I take that bitch down. 

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

He is very busy working on the new RACING CATEGORY CHARM! Rumor is it will be based on the little racecar token in monopoly and should standout very nicely in my posts when I take that bitch down. 

Next you will have @bertsampson inventing genres so he can win a charm since he sucks now. 

9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Next you will have @bertsampson inventing genres so he can win a charm since he sucks now. 

I knew it would get brought up that I SUGGESTED (rather than created) the genre as some sort of an asterisk on my inevitable win. I will take this opportunity to say once and for all to announce that I do not, and WILL NOT, ever give a shit. I will celebrate that win harder than whomever wins the tournament and then some. For anyone who wants to travel to Southeast Missouri, there will be a catered party, a trophy ceremony, and a very long victory speech that will likely include tears. All who attend will be provided an autographed, but otherwise very chewed up, copy of RC Pro AM. RSVP accepted via PM

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
50 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I knew it would get brought up that I SUGGESTED (rather than created) the genre as some sort of an asterisk on my inevitable win. I will take this opportunity to say once and for all to announce that I do not, and WILL NOT, ever give a shit. I will celebrate that win harder than whomever wins the tournament and then some. For anyone who wants to travel to Southeast Missouri, there will be a catered party, a trophy ceremony, and a very long victory speech that will likely include tears. All who attend will be provided an autographed, but otherwise very chewed up, copy of RC Pro AM. RSVP accepted via PM

car GIF

OMW 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

If I'm invited to the celebration/riot, I'm good as long as you can use your legal skills to keep me and @docile tapeworm out of your local correctional facility.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If I'm invited to the celebration/riot, I'm good as long as you can use your legal skills to keep me and @docile tapeworm out of your local correctional facility.

If doesnt reach the level of meth or beating on a woman, they dont have room for you. If somehow it gets there or above, I represent the biggest bail bondsman in town and the friends and family discounts are generous 

• Like 1

Just now, NESfiend said:

If doesnt reach the level of meth or beating on a woman, they dont have room for you. If somehow it gets there or above, I represent the biggest bail bondsman in town and the friends and family discounts are generous 

If me and skinny were ever in the same place, I'm sure we would need the friends and family discount after whatever we ended up getting into.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Why is the high score lower than your 1p score?  Is that a glitch or something?

10 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

That happens when you beat the game instead of getting a game over. It doesn't update the high score for the last level. 

Beat me to it. For whatever reason, it shows the correct score when you clear level 30, but it doesn't add it to the high score on the title screen.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I've noticed that it's practically impossible to clear stage 3 without missiles.

Practically?  Man, I made a point to not do it, and also to make sure it wasn't possible to point scum Round 3 by never beating it on purpose for a massive score, and I have firmly concluded that both had negative results.   First, playing that level for like half an hour straight only got me like 20k points, which is trivial for the time it takes, and second, at no point was I even at risk of beating the level by accident when avoiding missiles.  So, for me,  it's not "practically;" it is literally impossible to beat Round 3 without missiles...

9 hours ago, mbd39 said:

How are people so good at this game? It's hard as shit. I've only reached stage 4 and i usually don't even make it that far.

That's how I feel about all the genres I suck at, when I see other people's ridiculous scores...  like how the fuck are some people so good at Marble Madness, for example?!?  😉

I guess we're all just wired a little bit differently...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

16 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Practically?  Man, I made a point to not do it, and also to make sure it wasn't possible to point scum Round 3 by never beating it on purpose for a massive score, and I have firmly concluded that both had negative results.   First, playing that level for like half an hour straight only got me like 20k points, which is trivial for the time it takes, and second, at no point was I even at risk of beating the level by accident when avoiding missiles.  So, for me,  it's not "practically;" it is literally impossible to beat Round 3 without missiles...

It might also be possible with triple ball.

If you've never played it before it's quite difficult to start.  I thought so even though I grew up playing a lot of "Powerball" and "Krackout."  Stick with it and you'll flesh out the subtleties.

Level 3 requires missiles or multiball; it's probably possible to clear with big ball but unlikely.  

Once beating the game is achieved it would seem that 1st place comes down to whoever has the patience and perhaps the caffeine to spend hours on a level like 3.

1 minute ago, PII said:

Once beating the game is achieved it would seem that 1st place comes down to whoever has the patience and perhaps the caffeine to spend hours on a level like 3.

That would be assuming more than one person beats it; last time only two people beat it, one of which is the only man to beat it so far this year...

leaderboard status

skinnies scorebaord

skyline chili sucks - 594640

rubarb - 288550

morphius - 261040

morris code - 126070

rich's noggin - 112400

i love nes alot - 93010

jeebs - 91190

james robot - 28540

wiz it, wiz it good - 11220

Edited by docile tapeworm