IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Adventure of Dino Riki

BeaIank

3 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Okay, well, after another 20 minutes, I not only haven't broken 5K, I also can't get more than 4 diamonds before getting hit.  The pools kill my runs.  Shooters are definitely NOT my jam!

EDIT: Also, I've never made it past the first lily pad.  I can't seem to get the hang of the jumping.  Fuck this game.

Tis a garbage game. Very frustrating. There is a fun factor though. I’m enjoying it and will probably beat it.(not in one life)

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

I'd rather not play RC Pro Am II, but I'll put up a participation score...unless the participation threshold is beyond my will to achieve a participation score 😛

I'm better at the first game, but I do like it. Klax is fun compared to most puzzle games. I played Holy Diver a bit last week and it seems like a fun Castlevania style game. Galaga is a favorite of mine, so I'm hoping to put up a good score that week.

42 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If you want to play a similar game that's actually good, try GunSmoke.

Gunsmoke is very good, but not nearly as much wild fun as this.  Jumping not broken.  Be very deliberate about it.  Controls are Loosey-Goosey which is part of what makes it so much fun once you get the feel.  In my direct experience there is only one functional flaw in this game.  If anyone can point it out (not counting Gloves), I'll stand up and salute you, most heartily.

3 minutes ago, PII said:

Gunsmoke is very good, but not nearly as much wild fun as this.  Jumping not broken.  Be very deliberate about it.  Controls are Loosey-Goosey which is part of what makes it so much fun once you get the feel.  In my direct experience there is only one functional flaw in this game.  If anyone can point it out (not counting Gloves), I'll stand up and salute you, most heartily.

I'll likely give it another try sometime this week if I get time. I'm sure that I would like it a lot better if I got used to the jumping.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's way better than this. Probably because there's no broken jumping involved. You can also ride a horse which just adds to the experience.

meerkat loves riding horses huh huh

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

And you you so quickly and harshly judge it, not even able to master the simple jumping. Tut Tut. 

i didnt care much for abadox until i no deathed it pacafist, that one week we played it in here.....now i have a cib copy.

Edited by docile tapeworm

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis i played with my pioneer turntable instead of playing nintendo today.

I haven't even started on Riki yet either, since it's Thanksgiving up here in God's Country, but I ain't too worried since I only need 5th or better to win the genre.   But there are a whole bunch of extra dudes playing this week, so I'm gonna have to put up a half-decent score.  I think I should be able to get to it Wednesday or Thursday...

EDIT: And I collect vinyl too 🙂  Bimbo by Jim Reeves... now that's music!!!!  😛

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1